Accidental Marriage Visa

OP, if you want to gamble with your freedom then go ahead and stay in Thailand on an illegal extension.

It is not a question of IF but WHEN it will be found out!

If you make your 90-days report in BKK they may well check in the database in order to update your new address and an eagle eyed officer may see that something is not right.

In order to feel safe leave the country and come back with a new visa, if possible in a new passport.

opalhort

thanks for your advice... really... at the moment im exploring my options and also considering starting over again

just a question how can you be so sure they WILL find out....its a possibility yes.. but what makes you so sure..? please explain to me how you think this will unfold... what if im registered in the database wich i think I am (at least thats what i have been told) how WILL they find out... what if i just report in phuket untill my extension is expired..(6 months)

now to discuss if its legal or very smart to do this is a waste of time i know the answer... im just talking here and am already taking steps (but its also sunday so cant do much now) so just your thoughts..?

for example in my country (holland) you can buy a driverslicence for 3000 euro no tests nothing (getting a driverslicence is not easy and also very expensive...)after you buy it you are in the DMV system and get a legit licence from somebody paid off at the DMV now not everyone has the contacts to do this...(same like my contact) no one will find out unless the person who issues them is caught but that means that they will have to trace every single person down that he/she issued to and check everything out wich is not an easy thing and probably not even will be done...

.. what if im registered in the database wich i think I am (at least thats what i have been told)

This is exactly the point. "you have been told" but you are not sure.

Even if there is only a 5% chance of being cought I would make a run for the border and start new but of course it is up to you.

opalhort

Opal, you have given this guy the best advice I have seen. This is especially worrisome because now he'll be dealing with BKK immi. BKK dont mess around, they are thorough and play by the written rules. No way I'd gamble with it. The only thing I dont think is necessary is getting a new passport

The only thing I dont think is necessary is getting a new passport

Yes, this may be over-kill if his name has actually been entered into the central database. If this is not the case nobody would have questions about any previous extensions since they don't show in a new PP.

Could it be that he has been entered in a local database in Phuket only?

opalhort

The only thing I dont think is necessary is getting a new passport

Yes, this may be over-kill if his name has actually been entered into the central database. If this is not the case nobody would have questions about any previous extensions since they don't show in a new PP.

Could it be that he has been entered in a local database in Phuket only?

opalhort

I think the OP has already made up his mind, advice from 99% of replies has given him virtually the same response...get legal but he continues to question why, it's obvious why, the alternatives if / when caught should be enough to convince most people.

Getting a legit visa is easy...just follow the rules!!

He says the 'visa' still has 6mths to run..Tourist visas are free he can get a double entry which will give him that and take away the threat but he hasnt considered it. As for a new passport..possibly overkill but then better be safe than face upto awkward questioning by some over keen officer which will encourage more lies...Why you need to 'buy' one at great expense and then spend the next 12 mths hoping no one will spot the error is beyond me unless there are reasons why he needs an illegal entry.

Do the easy thing and get legal!!

Edited by Tafia

who says im not taking the advice ? I am taking steps already.. I just found this out and im just talking here and exploring the situation Im in... most off the advice given here is good but its still guessing work... now the possibility being exported is indeed enough to convince me and it has

The stupid thing is that I went down this road so I dont have to deal with <deleted>*n visa runs anymore and my goal was to get a legit 1 year visa

initialy i have been told that i got a legit visa thru my friends company and i had a 3 month NON B visa... so why i wound up with a marriage visa after that is a mystery and Im very angry about that... what he told me today is that my passport went to the immigration from bangkok and it was registered there...

I dont want to go back again to a tourist visa but it seems at the moment i have too

can anyone advise me the best and easiest way to get the most long visa possible at the moment when i cross the border ASAP ?

thanx

The longest stay with a land crossing or in area would be a 2 entry tourist visa from Vientiane if you are not married or have other means to obtain a longer stay. That tourist visa with extensions and one border run would cover almost half a year.

An alternative for many is the education (study Thai mostly) which allows continuous 90 day stays/extensions of stay.

The fact that you moved could trigger a home inspection.

ANOTHER ISSUE: I do not know how much time you have on your current passport, but if you DO decide to marry a Thai woman at some point (as many of us do), don't try to do it using the current passport, since it indicates you are already married. Also, I have no idea what actually goes into the database, but if some Thai woman's name has been entered as your wife, I wonder if there will be a name conflict in the future if you do marry and try to get a legitimate marriage visa? You may have burned a bridge.

In future the OP still might be in trouble, especially if he ever marries a Thai person, if it is indeed an extension based on marriage.

Extensions based on marriage are given upon approval by a committee in Bangkok, which will not have any records if they should check your old records. The current passport would be an extra liability, as it shows no 30 day under consideration and would make immigration suspicious and check further.

This is a serious criminal matter and could easily lead to a prison sentence.