Oh Dear (Aussie cricket)

Oh dear ; the promised thrashing that was forcast by our Aussie friends has started. In fact we lost a wicket today. :D

Oh dear, I,m just back from holiday to have a little brag about Lee,s 5 for and that Tassie boy Punters ton :o

Is Tasmania in Austalia then?

No Lamp its not in Australia, its an island :D

Lampshade...he got you there :D

I wasn't Abel to see that one coming :D

Watching the final.

England are ***************************************hopeless

I was thinking that, but didnt wanna be nasty :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear ; the promised thrashing that was forcast by our Aussie friends has started. In fact we lost a wicket today. :D

Oh dear, I,m just back from holiday to have a little brag about Lee,s 5 for and that Tassie boy Punters ton :o

Is Tasmania in Austalia then?

No Lamp its not in Australia, its an island :D

Lampshade...he got you there :D

I wasn't Abel to see that one coming :D

Watching the final.

England are ***************************************hopeless

...as I wrote in another thread, we need a nuke or a super-sub - probably both.

Australia wins decider by 8 wickets with 15 overs to spare.

Gilchrist 121 n.o. from 101 balls.

David Shepherd has just umpired his last international game.

Well done Shep!!  :D  :D  :D

I must admit to switching off halfway through the Oz innings. What a pathetic bunch of no-hopers we turn out to be when we bat first in limited overs. England 4-1 after 5 overs. Disgraceful. Terrible. PATHETIC. We were not even trying. They should follow Oz's example and put Flintof and Jones in first to start the fireworks. What is the use of playing yourself in for 10 overs of limited fielding to get out anyway. And the Australian fielding was terrible as well. And I paid good money to watch this <deleted>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o Well done Australia anyway. :D

Well done Shep!!   :D  :D  :D

I must admit to switching off halfway through the Oz innings. What a pathetic bunch of no-hopers we turn out to be when we bat first in limited overs. England 4-1 after 5 overs. Disgraceful. Terrible. PATHETIC. We were not even trying. They should follow Oz's example and put Flintof and Jones in first to start the fireworks. What is the use of playing yourself in for 10 overs of limited fielding to get out anyway. And the Australian fielding was terrible as well. And I paid good money to watch this <deleted>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o Well done Australia anyway. :D

England seem to be playing in a time warp, back to the days when 50 off 15 overs and 100 off 25 was the norm. As you say, perhaps opening with the South African and the Rusky (??) would be the go. :D

England seem to be playing in a time warp, back to the days when 50 off 15 overs and 100 off 25 was the norm. As you say, perhaps opening with the South African and the Rusky (??) would be the go. :D

I had a feeling Jones was born in Oz. Don't know where Flintov was born. Never liked him until now. I always thought he was the most overrated cricketer England had.

And don't worry, my so called mates will be on soon. Agreeing with me no doubt. Remember we are born losers, so when we lose we don't come up with some half baked pack of lies as to how and why we lost. We just take it on the chin.

Edited by lampard10

I must admit to switching off halfway through the Oz innings. What a pathetic bunch of no-hopers we turn out to be when we bat first in limited overs. England 4-1 after 5 overs. Disgraceful. Terrible. PATHETIC. We were not even trying. They should follow Oz's example and put Flintof and Jones in first to start the fireworks. What is the use of playing yourself in for 10 overs of limited fielding to get out anyway. And the Australian fielding was terrible as well. And I paid good money to watch this <deleted>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Well done Australia anyway. :D

I had a feeling Jones was born in Oz. Don't know where Flintov was born. Never liked him until now. I always thought he was the most overrated cricketer England had.

And don't worry, my so called mates will be on soon. Agreeing with me no doubt. Remember we are born losers, so when we lose we don't come up with some half baked pack of lies as to how and why we lost. We just take it on the chin.

Taking it on the chin must consitst of switching the tele off then....... :o:D

I must admit to switching off halfway through the Oz innings. What a pathetic bunch of no-hopers we turn out to be when we bat first in limited overs. England 4-1 after 5 overs. Disgraceful. Terrible. PATHETIC. We were not even trying. They should follow Oz's example and put Flintof and Jones in first to start the fireworks. What is the use of playing yourself in for 10 overs of limited fielding to get out anyway. And the Australian fielding was terrible as well. And I paid good money to watch this <deleted>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Well done Australia anyway. :D

Taking it on the chin must consitst of switching the tele off then....... :o:D

Well there you go ! and I thought all those Brits walking around with a glazed look in their eye were half-pissed, when all the time their punchy from taking to many on the chin. :D

England need to learn the basics of the one day game. Until then all of the fiddling and faffing around will do nothing.

Thats the tip and run out of the way fellas.......now its time for the real stuff!

Different game, results the same! Your lot are certainly devils for punishment Prof.

when all the time their punchy from taking to many on the chin. :o

AND walking around half-pissed. Although I must say I have never been half pissed. The whole hog or nothing for me :D

Gilchrist and Gillespie......both have been having a hard time of it.....good to see them start coming good....and just at the right time too.

Did any team win from batting first during the tri nation and the natwest Challenge ??

England did ok in the one dayers...

Congrats to Shep and good luck on his retirement.

The only batsmen to get any runs for Leicestershire was a West Australian Shield player.

Just when fleet Street thought England was in with a chance the hardest batsman to get out in world cricket turns up and makes a lazy 115 in a warm up match.

Oh Dear!

The only batsmen to get any runs for Leicestershire was a West Australian Shield player.

Just when fleet Street thought England was in with a chance the hardest batsman to get out in world cricket turns up and makes a lazy 115 in a warm up match.

Oh Dear!

It only takes one ball to get any batsman in the world out. Langer might make 765 then get bowled by a corker, but if he gets that corker first ball he's made 0. I think even the greatest in the world Bradman made a few ducks too.

Oh Dear!

It only takes one ball to get any batsman in the world out. Langer might make 765 then get bowled by a corker, but if he gets that corker first ball he's made 0. I think even the greatest in the world Bradman made a few ducks too.

Your're quite right Lampy, it only takes one ball to get anyone out at anytime.

My comment on Langer referred to the fact that while he is not the most naturally gifted batsman around, he protects his wicket with a determination and dourness rarely seen these days. If he gets to 100 he is more likely than most to go on to 200+.

He scored a world best of 1481 runs in 2004 at an average of nearly 55.

He has scored more centuries than Doug Walters, Ian Chappell, Mark Waugh and Bill Lawry.

My point is, just when England thought they were in with a big chance for these ashes, Oz can bring in a player like this that wasn't in their radar when the crowing started.

Oh Dear!

Interesting stat regarding the Don. In 52 tests he scored 6996 runs @99.94 av. but only ever hit 6 sixes .

Oh Dear!

Interesting stat regarding the Don. In 52 tests he scored 6996 runs @99.94 av. but only ever hit 6 sixes .

needed very few runs in his last innings for a ton average and got out for a duck.......

Aussies having a bit of batting practise against Leicestershire

Langer  115

Hayden  75

Ponting  119 retired

Martyn    154 no

I think an ominous sign for the poms. Ponting, Langer, Martyn , Hayden, along with Gilly, would make up the majority of top ten test batsmen in the world . Or maybe top seven...including Lara and Tendulkar. They all seem to be coming into form and will peak in the ashes .

The Aussie bowlers had me a little worried but Lee is showing that he is not a write off . I expect he will give the poms some real stick with the new ball and I predict Dizzy will get the nod for selction and slowly come into form .

I think an ominous sign for the poms. Ponting, Langer, Martyn , Hayden, along with Gilly, would make up the majority of top ten test batsmen in the world .

That's quite a sobering thought. But don't forget Trescothik,Vaughn,Pieterson,Key, etc are no slouches themselves. Not in the same class unfortunately but decent batsmen all the same. I think it's the bowlers that are going to win or lose the ashes. That's whats gonna make it so tight. I think on the bowling front, our youngsters have got the edge over your oldies. That is if we steat Goughies ball.

I think an ominous sign for the poms. Ponting, Langer, Martyn , Hayden, along with Gilly, would make up the majority of top ten test batsmen in the world .

That's quite a sobering thought. But don't forget Trescothik,Vaughn,Pieterson,Key, etc are no slouches themselves. Not in the same class unfortunately but decent batsmen all the same. I think it's the bowlers that are going to win or lose the ashes. That's whats gonna make it so tight. I think on the bowling front, our youngsters have got the edge over your oldies. That is if we steat Goughies ball.

Australian Chris Rogers playing as Leicestershires import denied Australia with a fine 209 in the Ashes lead-up friendly match.

Lamp, it gives you an idea of the depth of talent in Oz,and he cant get a regular berth in the West Aus Shield side even with a 1st cass average of 45.

Interesting to read that participation of juniors in English cricket is down 40% on 1995 with most young folk now preferring soccer and golf.

Australian Chris Rogers playing as Leicestershires import denied Australia with a fine 209 in the Ashes lead-up friendly match.

Yeah, but we all know the Aussie way of thinking. They were tossing the ball up to him easy like, so he could get a few runs on the board, then tell us Poms he can't even get in Ozzies 100 best batsmen. :o

So what your really saying and more to the point is the cream of the Australian bowlers let a reasonably unknown batsman score 200. Your post has given us more confidence rather than undermined it. Just goes to show, what I said about your bowlers is not a million miles away.