Hua Hin With Kids

boogiewoogie

how good hua hin for family with small kids? Is it nice? How useful it is? Beaches? Malls? Locals? Farangs?

Taking my family to Thailand and dont know what place to choose? We already spent a winter on Samui, and we liked it a lot. SO now we want to try something new. Pattaya is too noisy, Bangkok is overcrowded. So now we stuck somewhere between Phuket and Hua Hin. What can u recommend us? Every advice is welcome.

I think it's fine, only prob is you will need a car or bike and how many kids do you have? You need a bike really as you can't park anywhere, that is unless you want to spend 150-200bht a tuktuk everywhere. However if you stay at somewhere like Hilton you have the beach right there and a load of restuarants and the night life but still not walking distance to shopping malls and night markets. However the beach is nice, the night markets are good and the restuarants are great value for money. It's hot and you can take your kids to a bar with out much trouble from ladys, it's not like cowboy or pattaya walking street, most girls wont bother you with family and a lot of people take family out.

And most of the locals will treat you good and won't try and rob the crap out of you like bangkok.

Edited by sam666
  • Like 1

I think it's fine, only prob is you will need a car or bike and how many kids do you have? You need a bike really as you can't park anywhere, that is unless you want to spend 150-200bht a tuktuk everywhere. However if you stay at somewhere like Hilton you have the beach right there and a load of restuarants and the night life but still not walking distance to shopping malls and night markets. However the beach is nice, the night markets are good and the restuarants are great value for money. It's hot and you can take your kids to a bar with out much trouble from ladys, it's not like cowboy or pattaya walking street, most girls wont bother you with family and a lot of people take family out.

And most of the locals will treat you good and won't try and rob the crap out of you like bangkok.

thank u for good answer.

Can u also tell if beach is good? Do we need to do a long trip to find clear blue water and calm beach? or is it right in the downtown?

About kids* can u tell if there any farang friendly kindergardens? And what is usual price for month and for a day?

You won't find much clear blue water here, and there are lots of big rocks just off the beach. Also, imo the water is not clean enough to swim in so if going in the water in town is in your plans Hua Hin may not be good for you, but there are lots of restaurants, shopping, and activities for kids depending on their ages. If nice beaches with clear blue water for swimming is what you are primarily looking for you will have to go well south of Hua Hin.

As far as the beach goes it's ok (better in Takiab just south of Hua Hin) for sitting on under an umbrella and just enjoying the food and drink and taking in the sights, but not so much for swimming. I've also heard it's jellyfish season and they can give some nasty stings.

thank u for good answer.

Can u also tell if beach is good? Do we need to do a long trip to find clear blue water and calm beach? or is it right in the downtown?

About kids* can u tell if there any farang friendly kindergardens? And what is usual price for month and for a day?

Not a big beach lover so can't really comment but I think hhfarang is pretty much right, it's not the best season right now, lots of rocks and beach seems a lil dirty. But doesn't mean it isn't a real nice beach compared to other places and other countrys, it's just far from the best. I hear koh samet is pretty much the daddy of beachs in Thailand from Farangs and Thais.

thank u for good answer.

how long do you plan to stay in hh. i have two boys and i can tell you that after riding the horses on the beach and trolling the mall, going to eat in the night market and hitting some balls at the driving range they became quite bored, english is not a preffered language their and play schools are a rare find, if you are staying in a 5 star they will have kids club but if you are doing a long stay 30 days and have not booked yet i suggest phuket if you like samui and had fun there your family will enjoy phuket as well.

Not a big beach lover so can't really comment but I think hhfarang is pretty much right, it's not the best season right now, lots of rocks and beach seems a lil dirty. But doesn't mean it isn't a real nice beach compared to other places and other countrys, it's just far from the best. I hear koh samet is pretty much the daddy of beachs in Thailand from Farangs and Thais.