Norwegian Arrested In Pattaya Underage Sex Bust

webfact

Norwegian Arrested in Pattaya Underage Sex Bust

gallery_327_1086_67805.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Local police arrested a Norwegian national on underage sex charges in Pattaya on Monday. A bust was instigated after an unidentified informant notified police of the offender’s activities with an underage girl at the Health Hotel off Pattaya’s Beach Road.

Pattaya, the 9th of August 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 00:30am on Monday, Lieutenant Colonel Chusak Khethong (Anti-Human Trafficking Division Police) was notified of an incident involving an underage girl and a foreign national at the Health Hotel in Soi Yamoto, South Pattaya.

Following the unidentified tip-off, police organised a raid on the suspect’s room, finding Mr. Oystein Larsen [60] from Norway and a Thai girl, Miss Fa (alias) in a compromising position.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-08-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else on this board feels the crime rate in Patters in way off the charts.

Should be right to say the percentage of the population with dodgy attitudes and disposition is quite on the high side.

are there other publications where other less criminally content news are published?

Pattaya daily news should be a crime daily.

Should be right to say the percentage of the population with dodgy attitudes and disposition is quite on the high side.

are there other publications where other less criminally content news are published?

Its not the crime rate, mate, its the crime NEWS. Every item is reported from Pattaya, unlike from Bangkok where surely thousands of crimes happen daily.

Its not the crime rate, mate, its the crime NEWS. Every item is reported from Pattaya, unlike from Bangkok where surely thousands of crimes happen daily.

17 million people call Krunthep home, how many call Pattaya home?

Come on, its a small seaside town, but may be its just me. I am tough lad, but I ll be humble next time I come down there.

From what I have seen based on a couple visits there, you'd be hard pressed to find a working girl that ISN'T underage in Patts.

He is lucky he is not American. He'd be facing some serious time when he returned home.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

From what I have seen based on a couple visits there, you'd be hard pressed to find a working girl that ISN'T underage in Patts.

That is complete rubbish! You may need an optometrist most urgently.

Edited by Jingthing

He is lucky he is not American. He'd be facing some serious time when he returned home.

Of course he is --- then again the US has been chasing a well known paedo for the past 40 years ---- yet \mr Polanski is still free. As OJ said "best legal system money can buy"........... He wasnt talking about hailand

You have to ask yourself, what key element and influence has disrupted this pleasant coastal area of 30 years ago? It wasn't like this decades ago - have any guesses?

Dead right there JT but of course what you see in Pattaya does rather heavily depend on the places you frequent and the company you keep. :whistling:

You have to ask yourself, what key element and influence has disrupted this pleasant coastal area of 30 years ago? It wasn't like this decades ago - have any guesses?

When a crime occurs in Las Vegas do the newspapers, citizens and local bloggers ask what happened to turn this peaceful desert into a sin city?

When a crime occurs in Hamburg? When a crime occurs in Amsterdam?

If you want to contribute to a Pattaya history thread why don’t you start another one. Although it has been done quite a few times.

Come on, its a small seaside town, but may be its just me. I am tough lad, but I ll be humble next time I come down there.

Humility has little to do with picking up hookers on Beach road. The lady was a regular street walker available to anyone.

I would say instead of humility avoid young looking women because they have fake id’s.

Dead right there JT but of course what you see in Pattaya does rather heavily depend on the places you frequent and the company you keep. :whistling:

The best way to tell is by sitting in a go go when the cops raid. All of the dancers that run out the back door just before the cops come in are either underage or on drugs. The rest are OK.

• Like 1

I was in Patts, I think there is only one kind of "company" to be had there! Lol. Oh well. I knew it wasn't long before I got accused of something. Taboo subjects will have that effect I guess.

And it's apparently not an optometrist I need, it's an otolaryngologist, as this is what the girls told me thier age was, and in one case the bar manager. (I had to Google what a hearing doctor is called).

As I said, I only been there twice. Total of 3 days. Two random bars and 16-17yo's in both of them, so I was told. Maybe not a large enough sample, but it seemed to be the norm there. Thinking back the 5 years total in Phuket, I knew of maybe two cases of girls 17yo that worked in bars here. About the same rate as where I lived in the US, if news reports are any indication. Doesn't seem to happen here in Phuket that much.

RE: Polanski. 1) Thirteen doesn't make him a peado. Pretty sure peado is pre-pubescent. 2) It wasn't a case of just underage sex, he is accused of drugging and raping the girl. That's why the US is still after him. No statute of limitations on that.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Norwegian Arrested in Dubious Pattaya Underage Sex Bust

Strange that the topic title is different than the original one from it's source: Pattaya Daily News which uses the explicit word Dubious.

Dubious indeed since the article says:

Pattaya Daily News:

"Editors Note: Without negating the seriousness of any case involving sexual intercourse with a minor, this particular instance reveals some very "scary" situations that a foreigner could find himself in when dealing with Pattaya's working girls.

In this case, the girl was openly touting her 'business' in South Pattaya and at 16 was completely aware of the situation she was in and the ramifications any arrest could have for herself and her customers. We all are aware of why these girls are forced into such measures to earn money, but more importantly should not deny that it has some relevance in a case of this nature.

Thai identification cards are a "dime a dozen," why was she not using a fake or friends card to conceal her age, especially when hotels are increasingly more stringent in keeping records, (not the case in this instance but a plausible situation nonetheless). Having seen the young girl (not shown due to age), we can confirm that for all intensive purposes, as is so often the case, it is impossible to determine whether she is 16, 18 or 20-years-old without having documented proof.

In addition, what makes Mr. Larsen's case so important? A walk down Pattaya's Beach Road anytime of the day or night will reveal numerous other potential cases of this nature, just from the shear youthful look of the majority of Thai women, "fingers can be pointed." "

http://www.pattayada...erage-sex-bust/

AND: who is the girl in the video? She certainly doesn't look like a street girl....Interpreter/translator perhaps ?

Next to that: the "arrested" man walks out of the police station a little later....

LaoPo

• Like 1

Lol. I knew it wasn't long before I got accused of something. Oh well. Taboo subjects will have that effect I guess.

As I said, I only been there twice. Total of 3 days. Two random bars and 16-17yo's in both of them, so I was told. Seemed to be the norm there. Thinking back the 5 years total in Phuket, I knew of maybe two cases of girls 17yo that worked in bars here. About the same rate as where I lived in the US, if news reports are any indication. Doesn't seem to happen here in Phuket that much.

RE: Polanski. 1) Thirteen doesn't make him a peado. Pretty sure peado is pre-pubescent. 2) It wasn't a case of just underage sex, he is accused of drugging and raping the girl. That's why the US is still after him. No statute of limitations on that.

How many bars in Pattaya? 5,000 counting Thai bars,10,000? You went to two and asked them if they had girls under 18? Bit of a stretch. "How much do you love me? Up to you." You will get told anything you want to hear. If anyone can tell the difference between a 16 year old and 18 year old Thai streetwalker I would like to meet him.

Are you a reporter for News of the World,thats utter garbage

It is sadly a fact that underage sex workers are available in Pattaya and many other parts of Thailand. To imply they are the majority is absurd. One thing that does concern me is the increasing number of 50 plus ladies of the night, kind of an aesthetic blow on an already not very pretty situation.

• Like 1

Humility has little to do with picking up hookers on Beach road. The lady was a regular street walker available to anyone.

I would say instead of humility avoid young looking women because they have fake id’s.

I would even suggest this could be a scam,as it was a tip off by an UNIDENTIED snitch

One thing that does concern me is the increasing number of 50 plus ladies of the night, kind of an aesthetic blow on an already not very pretty situation.

:cheesy:

LaoPo

Well he was looking for trouble and found it. Even if the girl had a fake id I dont feel sorry for him.

If he was fooled by a fake ID and the girl didn't look like a baby, I DO feel sorry for him as that was entrapment. You don't know he was looking for trouble. That is very doubtful. He was most probably looking for a pleasant sexual experience in a resort that openly offers that in a country where legal age encounters are not criminalized in practice. Plenty to feel sorry for, a life ruined maybe, maybe because he was duped.

Edited by Jingthing

Well he was looking for trouble and found it. Even if the girl had a fake id I dont feel sorry for him.

What if she had a real id and it was her sisters? Or is the reason you don't feel sorry for him because he was with a prostitute regardless of her age?

I was watching a couple excerpts on the weekend from the TMZ website(updates on the Kobayashi case, he was acquitted) and they do a street interview with the guy Peterson (sic) who hosts NBC's To catch a Predator show, where the guy tapes cops arresting internet perverts and they ask the guy what he's been up to. He responds that he was in "Asia" for a week. This then gets the host and reporters (guest host is the WWE champion or something) talking about Thailand and how it is filled with pedophiles and sex offenders.

Ok, sure, it might be a bit over the top, but the few minutes of chatter reaches millions of people and and reinforces the perception that Thailand is the place to go if ypu are a kiddie diddler or perv. TaT and the PM can blow all the hot air they want, but when one of the most popular entertainment shows streams broadcasts in hundreds of major markets that your country is a haven for pervs, you got trouble with a capital T. All about perceptions. It is time that Thailand made a massive show of force and wiped the country clean of the people that have helped tarnish the nations reputation. What family wants to go and visit a place where the image is one of old men molesting kids.

This is why the current attempt to attack the most visible offenders has to be supported. Anyone that spends time in Thailand and that isn't a perv, has a vested interest in the success of the current change in attitude of Pattaya's immigration department. Flush the toilet asap.

What if she had a real id and it was her sisters? Or is the reason you don't feel sorry for him because he was with a prostitute regardless of her age?

If that's the case, that would be quite a scene, throwing every punter in prison for 20 years.

I was watching a couple excerpts on the weekend from the TMZ website(updates on the Kobayashi case, he was acquitted) and they do a street interview with the guy Peterson (sic) who hosts NBC's To catch a Predator show, where the guy tapes cops arresting internet perverts and they ask the guy what he's been up to. He responds that he was in "Asia" for a week. This then gets the host and reporters (guest host is the WWE champion or something) talking about Thailand and how it is filled with pedophiles and sex offenders.

Ok, sure, it might be a bit over the top, but the few minutes of chatter reaches millions of people and and reinforces the perception that Thailand is the place to go if ypu are a kiddie diddler or perv. TaT and the PM can blow all the hot air they want, but when one of the most popular entertainment shows streams broadcasts in hundreds of major markets that your country is a haven for pervs, you got trouble with a capital T. All about perceptions. It is time that Thailand made a massive show of force and wiped the country clean of the people that have helped tarnish the nations reputation. What family wants to go and visit a place where the image is one of old men molesting kids.

This is why the current attempt to attack the most visible offenders has to be supported. Anyone that spends time in Thailand and that isn't a perv, has a vested interest in the success of the current change in attitude of Pattaya's immigration department. Flush the toilet asap.

Very good post.

India and Cambodia. That’s the home for perverts, as you should know.

Your case for cleaning up Thailand sounds noble but corruption is a far more serious economic burden than some supposed stories about perverts.

Your case for cleaning up Thailand also is misguided as 95% of prostitution is Thai on Thai and you very well know that too.

Do you really think Thais are going to close up shop to assuage your western conscience.

ya ba happened

I agree 100% most of the offenders caught are claiming they need the money to feed their drug habit, tackling the drug problem head on should have a follow on effect with crime reduction but none the less it is an increasing statistic in pataya

going back to the subject matter of this news thread, it is important for people to take what ever means available to check the ages of girls that you engage, as the article says it is very hard to tell some mature 16 year olds from over 20's, if in doubt walk away.

ya ba happened

I agree 100% most of the offenders caught are claiming they need the money to feed their drug habit, tackling the drug problem head on should have a follow on effect with crime reduction but none the less it is an increasing statistic in pataya

going back to the subject matter of this news thread, it is important for people to take what ever means available to check the ages of girls that you engage, as the article says it is very hard to tell some mature 16 year olds from over 20's, if in doubt walk away.

So stick with the 50 plus gals to be safe? I think I'd rather go out for a good steak.