Do You Have Tot Internet Problems Too?

moskito

I opened a thread some weeks ago when I was experiencing connection problems. Until today the problem in our Nai Harn area is not really solved and I would like to know if I am the only one with constantly disconections during day, evening and nighttime.

I am lucky I got internet today for about two hours. But not constant, it was disconnected always.

How does it look in your area in Phuket, if possible please state area and experience.

Thanks in advance, I will see the ToT guys on Chaofah Road on wednesday.

Kata/Chalong. <deleted> most the time. Unusable between 4-5pm and 11p-12a.

I do not normally have problems where I am in Chalong. A while ago it was running dead slow but the TOT guy came & had it sorted in 5 minutes.

Solved in 5 minutes ! ... what was the problem then, was it a ToT cable problem, was it their local connection box, was it your PC, your monitor, your keyboard, your modem, or what ...

Edited by personchester

Always tip and get the mobile numbers of the actual engineers.. If they can be bothered they can trace your line all the way back to the exchange and the DSLAM, soldering twisted connections etc..

Also the connection can be fine tuned at the exchange, lowering peak speeds in a trade off for stability. I am limited to 500k upload and 3500 download, but I get that solidly.

Thanks for the answers. Today what wonder, I can log in after breakfast and until now no problems. Nah wait for rain or wind I am sure its the same then.

I still belive the problem is the cable works in our area. Whenever there is strange weather there are disconnections like shortcuts.

My question was not really good too. How someone can answer here if his net is not working ((-:

I have TOT Internet as well and live in the SaiYuean area. There are times throughout the day when the connection simply stops and you cannot connect at all, sometimes for 30 mins. or up to a couple of hours. But I would suggest speaking to them as your connection seems a lot worse than mine. When the connection is cut off for longer than 3 hours, I visit TOT personally and they seem to get on with it. But then, I did have to pay for over 500 m of cable!

Solved in 5 minutes ! ... what was the problem then, was it a ToT cable problem, was it their local connection box, was it your PC, your monitor, your keyboard, your modem, or what ...

How could it possibly have anything to do with PC, keyboard or monitor? I needed all these things just to know it was running slow. Not that I really care how he did it but he checked the settings, made a couple of calls & it was done in 5 minutes.

You are lucky. Here in my part of Issaan I am waiting for the engineer after nearly a week, and for a signal for nearly 10 days. He was supposed to come on Friday but didn't and now they have told my wife to 'just wait for an engineer to call' with no promise of any particular day. If there was any other reasonable option in this area I would have ditched those tossers at TOT once and for all.

I am in BKK, but for the past 10 years I lived in a house with phone provided by True and internet by loxinfo . In 10 years, I had the phone go out once (actually more than that, but the other times it was the cable inside my house). The company was out in 4 hours and the problem was fixed. The internet nearly always worked without any extended interruption. A few problems, but a call to technical support took care of it, with no visit--usually something I had to change in my settings.

I've now moved and the area is under the 'control' of TOT. In the past month the phone and internet have gone completely dead twice. It took 3 days the first time to get it fixed and this time 4 days. And the problem is in their junction box. They didn't even have to come to my house.

Very disappointing way to run a company.

I have TOT Internet as well and live in the SaiYuean area. There are times throughout the day when the connection simply stops and you cannot connect at all, sometimes for 30 mins. or up to a couple of hours. But I would suggest speaking to them as your connection seems a lot worse than mine. When the connection is cut off for longer than 3 hours, I visit TOT personally and they seem to get on with it. But then, I did have to pay for over 500 m of cable!

They told me I would have to pay for 400m of cable beyond the 300m they pay for. I said sure whatever, then asked, "Where is the box it is coming from located?" Some discussion, then came.."Ok, only 200m." Only in Thailand.

My switch to TOT has been an utter disaster so far. The last few days I cannot connect between 4pm and about 11pm. 4 calls into 1100 so far. I think it's time for an office visit.

3BB was the only provider available in Kathu so i did not had a choice.

The (new) connection box is about 400 mtr from my house and I did not pay any extra.

I have a solid 3 Mb download (for most of the time) so i can't complain.

I hear mainly that the problems are with TOT and that3BB is much more reliable.

Maybe you can change to 3BB and the service is also not to bad.

3BB was the only provider available in Kathu so i did not had a choice.

The (new) connection box is about 400 mtr from my house and I did not pay any extra.

I have a solid 3 Mb download (for most of the time) so i can't complain.

I hear mainly that the problems are with TOT and that3BB is much more reliable.

Maybe you can change to 3BB and the service is also not to bad.

Should be noted theres 3bb indy and 3bb premier.. Get the premier..

When TOT is working properly, There seems to be hours though out the day when it will not function at all.

My theory is, depending on how many people are using the internet provided by TOT.

There is nothing more annoying than a slow internet, TOT never again.

Would be interested to learn how the OP's TOT service is working now.

I complained a few weeks ago to TOT that sometimes my connection works, sometimes it doesn't. It can stop for anything from seconds to hours.....

Needless to say, TOT have never bothered 'phoning me back or doing anything, even though I remind them of the problem every few days.

I live in Rawai near the Seashell Museum, but in a v remote spot.

Would be interested to learn how the OP's TOT service is working now.

I complained a few weeks ago to TOT that sometimes my connection works, sometimes it doesn't. It can stop for anything from seconds to hours.....

Needless to say, TOT have never bothered 'phoning me back or doing anything, even though I remind them of the problem every few days.

I live in Rawai near the Seashell Museum, but in a v remote spot.

The best way to get them to actually come & do something is to go to TOT on Chao Fa West. If you don't get any joy at ground level head upstairs.

What about True Internet? Not an option there? I am planning to move to Phuket next week and would like to know what my options are in the Chalong area. Thanks in advance for any replies. Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Should be noted theres 3bb indy and 3bb premier.. Get the premier..

Is my Google translator working correctly? 2,500 baht per month for the base premier package?!? Good god thats expensive, it better be really good.

I have the least expensive premier and it is 1160 Baht per month.

I have the least expensive premier and it is 1160 Baht per month.

Thats much more reasonable. I think I may upgrade. I currently have indy and it is a complete joke, i guess i can't complain much for 590 baht. I assume upgrading will be as simple as me going to their offices. Hopefully they won't have to come out and fiddle with anything.

What about True Internet? Not an option there? I am planning to move to Phuket next week and would like to know what my options are in the Chalong area. Thanks in advance for any replies. Alex

I live in Chalong too and visited True office last week. I want to change from TOT. I live in Land & House and True told me that I can have their service from next month. 10meg for 1199 baht a month. Other service's available too. Also you can have True Visions from the same cable if you want. I think it depends which part of Chalong you live. My friend enquired about true who lives opposite side of Chao-Fa West and they said no service there at present.