Leaving Job

Good Afternoon everyone.

Well my current employer has made my life hel_l for long enough so I am leaving.

I plan to go to school on Friday (20th) morning,tell them I'm leaving and go straight away. Before anyone tells me that I am being a bad teacher please believe that they have told so many lies that the contract has been broken many times, by them, so I feel no remorse for getting out when I want to. I am leaving on Friday as that is when I will feel the least financial loss.

Problem. I will then go to Immigration to tell them I have resigned. I will not however have any proof that I have resigned,like a letter from the school. Also the school hold my work permit. As I will be leaving under a cloud I think it is unlikely that they will be in a mood to help me. So the question is.....Do I need proof of resignation when I go to immigration?

I will be applying for a sixty day extension based on Marriage/Supporting a child. Next question........ Copy of marriage cert,wife's ID card,house registration,child's birth certificate, and pages of my passport all signed..... Yes? Does the wife have to go too? I know she should go for a year extension but this is only 60 days.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

You are on a one year extension of stay for employment? If a 90 day visa entry or family extension employment ending would not effect it.

I have seen reports of people told to return and get proper letter of employment ending prior to being processed so the normal advise would be just depart the country and come back on a new entry/visa. I know you are trying to convert so that is not what you want. I would request the letter and if not provided and immigration needs it perhaps you could call them and ask to pass the phone. But as you say no notice is being provided I would not expect to see too much help.

List of stuff for 60day extension looks OK. Taking your wife can't hurt. Not sure about the other bit. Sounds like one for the mods.

At the main immigration office in Bangkok/Chaengwattana, I was told that the wife needs to go for either of the extensions (60day / 1 year) (I suppose the child instead of the wife, if you're doing a 60 day support-child-extension instead of 60 day visit-wife-extension, although why not bring both?)

If you do the one year extension and get the come back in 30 days stamp, you can go alone to pick it up.

Edited by neuf