Absolute Holiday Club

What an absolute blinkered off the wall comparison ESB7. You comparing dealing with tailors on the same par as with you? How can you have a fitting and a deposit on the same day. Tailors in general are pests, so that answers your question.

If I buy a block of land in Lamai as you say, I would buy with a contract, that I have had checked & verified, an option if I'm not mistaken, you fail to offer. as a matter of fact you refuse point blank.

You prey on people's greed & emotions? But they get a holiday?

Why all the games if it's such a good offer?

Why the hard sell with a double & triple closer?

Why chase people down the road?

You bring more people to Samui? To spend money?

Why don't you look at how many people you have burnt, that will never come back to Samui.

Time share in whatever form is illegal in Thailand,so ethical , you are not.No matter what sales techniques you use.

I would probably ask these people here, of how legal you are.

Organisation Name:Office of the Consumer Protection Board of Thailand

Member no:527

Joining date:15 Mar 1997

Region:Asia Pacific

Address:Government Administrative Centre, 5th Floor, Building B; Chaengwattana Road

Thoung Songhong Sub-District, Lak Si District

Bangkok

Telephone:+66 2 141 3437; 143-0368

Fax:+66 2 143 9766; 143 9765; 143 9774

Email:[email protected]

Main contact:Ms Kuncharee Tanarak

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way that many people who work for such compaines deal with the hard sell and the crap they sell is to actually believe in it.

Waste of time trying to argue with them on here , they are trying to earn a crust from it and some are succesfully.

Later on in life when there own family or some one close gets caught with similar sign now tactics, they will realise then how they acted.

Absolute touts are aware of what they are doing but dont care, to them every tourist is a punter on the way to earning a few thousand bht.For the closers a lot more.

Ask 100 people some body will say yes and follow them to the hands of the closers, thats where the real pressure starts.

Forget that customers are buying due to the amazing deal you believe in! they are on holiday there guard is down.They are buying on trust and you who work there are abusing that trust.

Edited by stiggy

Any of the tailors or other business in Chaweng and other destinations in Thailand stop you in the street and try their best to sell you their wares. If I went into one of the tailors and had a fitting and paid a deposit, then the following day decided I didnt want the clothing, could I expect my deposit to be returned? If I paid a deposit on some land in Lamai and then changed my mind, could I expect my deposit returned? In order to sell anything anywhere in the world you need to prey on peoples emotions, Absolute prey on peoples greed to get something for free ( which they actually do get a free weeks holiday). its a way of getting their attention, after that the customer is under no obligation to purchase. Timeshare really can be a fantastic way to have holidays that you could not otherwise afford and there are millions of members worldwide that are very happy with their purchase. Unless a person has purchased or has a close friend/family that has, they really cant make a believable comment on a area that they know nothing about. Absolute customers return to Samui spending money in local business, with the drastic decline in tourists to Samui, Absolute should be embraced rather than frowned upon.

Saving the islands tourist industry? :lol: :lol: :lol: And you sound as though you really believe this nonsense. :crazy:

Out every day looking for easy prey is right.....anyone would need to be naive or foolish to fall for such a blatant scam.

Don't take my word for it....

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_Absolute_Holiday_Club_a_scam

http://www.muzzerino.com/2009/01/absoluteclub-scam.html

http://www.absolutescam.com/ Class action against Club Absolute in case you want to join.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/club-absolute-c299544.html

http://www.timesharecouncil.eu/ look under Club Absolute.

And on and on just let me know if you want another dozen or so I would be happy to assist....:whistling:

At least they have done their homework, I have never ever been a target, never ever been approached by one of them.

@OP: write it off, forget and forgive ( yourself) and be thankful that thee wasn't much more money funneled out of your hands...

Under normal circumstances, URLS not allowed. But due to the nature of the subject , I have reposted the earler ones & let the more recent ones stand. I have checked the links & they seem OK.

I sat through the 3 hour thing too, well, more like 90 minutes to be honest. I didn't sign up, they wanted £10,000 which a ) I don't have and b ) if I did I wouldn't be giving it to people who got me in off the street with a scratch card.

I too won a 'holiday' which turns out, if you read the small print, to be 7 days in one of their resorts in Phuket, there's no travel included and you have to sit through another presentation. If you don't, you have to pay for the room. Seeing as rooms are cheap in Phuket, I didn't bother.

I have no idea if the scheme is genuine or not. It's just not something I'm interested in.

Yeah and they come from the same same stable as R.C.I. one John Spence from Hutchinson Properties Co. Trust. out of Hong Kong first off here with his Asia Vacations which sucked in millions of baht in deposits on a site at Samrong Bay with only an option on the land and then then Karma with all it's probs on transfer and completion to owners. Get these parasites off our island, they have no interset whatever in Samui !

ESB7 sounds like he works for the company , no shit sherlock response welcome

There tactics are bad and do make holiday makers holiday a bad experince .

But I would have to praise marriots approach , no hard sell or scratch cards . And they have booths on all major places in singapore ..

I would never buy a timeshare on the streey , but if I holidayed often marriots scheme is actually worth its money

But I would have to praise marriots approach , no hard sell or scratch cards . And they have booths on all major places in singapore ..

I would never buy a timeshare on the streey , but if I holidayed often marriots scheme is actually worth its money

It can't be true that ESB7 works for Absolute crap holidays can it? After all surely he would have mentioned this earlier. :whistling:

Marriot is a responsible timeshare company selling....timeshare apartments......Absolute is a scam ripping people off and never delivering on their promises.

The two companies are chalk and cheese....substitute cheese for a suitable expletive.

C'mon guys be fair.

I mean, a beautiful young lady dressed immaculately with perfect hair and teeth rides up beside you on the beach road and asks "do you speak English?". Well who wouldn't stop to help this damsel in distress as she is obviously lost or in need of your help. And she smiles so sweetly too. Of course if you are gay then she doesn't stand a chance but anyway ...

Well, I fall for it every time. It must be that invisible 'SUCKER' sign on my forehead.

Sadly it all falls apart when she whips out her scratchcards.:rolleyes:

I live on Phuket and this is happening all the time.

My (Thai)wife and I always make a hobby out of this. :)

In one year we listened to a 90 Min sales talk of Laguna Holiday Resort and the Marriot Holiday Club.

In both cases we received two nights for free at Laguna and The Marriot.

Not a bad deal for 90 Min listening and nothing signing off-course. ;)

C'mon guys be fair.

I mean, a beautiful young lady dressed immaculately with perfect hair and teeth rides up beside you on the beach road and asks "do you speak English?". Well who wouldn't stop to help this damsel in distress as she is obviously lost or in need of your help. And she smiles so sweetly too. Of course if you are gay then she doesn't stand a chance but anyway ...

Well, I fall for it every time. It must be that invisible 'SUCKER' sign on my forehead.

She's Russian ! Says it all.

Edited by crusty

C'mon guys be fair.

How come you always get stopped by a chick. Whenever i'm stopped it's invariably some loud mouthed lard arse git!

C'mon guys be fair.

How come you always get stopped by a chick. Whenever i'm stopped it's invariably some loud mouthed lard arse git!

Time to stop waxing your legs? :ermm:

EDIT: Did you get his phone number? :D

Edited by smokie36

I am at that age that makes them think I will be dazzled by the size of their scratchcards.:D

Or maybe the loud mouthed lard arse git thinks I might make a pass at him?:rolleyes:

Don't take my word for it....

http://wiki.answers....day_Club_a_scam

http://www.muzzerino...eclub-scam.html

http://www.absolutescam.com/ Class action against Club Absolute in case you want to join.

http://www.complaint...te-c299544.html

http://www.timesharecouncil.eu/ look under Club Absolute.

And on and on just let me know if you want another dozen or so I would be happy to assist....:whistling:

Thanks for that, well researched Smokie. I used to enjoy www.crimeshare.com but it went off the air for some reason.

Edited by crusty

A long time ago when they were called Whitebay International........and I still get emails from many happy customers, especially Canadians that like to Ski at Whistler for a fraction of the cost they would need to pay if they had not joined....

A long time ago when they were called Whitebay International........and I still get emails from many happy customers, especially Canadians that like to Ski at Whistler for a fraction of the cost they would need to pay if they had not joined....

None of you will be surprised to find Whitebay International on the Timeshare Blacklist I posted earlier in the thread.

I wonder how such a great company made it onto the list?....:whistling:

Tout on the motorbike " scuse me mate you speak English ? "

ME " Sorry old chap not a fuc^&ng word, Now F^%K OFF!!!!! " :o

Works every time for me :thumbsup::D

dress like an expat and they will leave you alone

It doesn't matter how you dress. I have had the same prat ask me month after month. How many people are here on holiday every month ? That plus the general dress for the expat here consists of just a pair of shorts, flip flops and sunglasses come rain or shine. The other give away is I am riding a bike that is not your typical rental bike,I certainly haven't seen another on the island, A non standard issue rental helmet and bike jacket. :o

I went to see a couple about doing some diving That were here trying to sort out their time share.I won't mention the company. They had paid a shed load of money for a holiday club yet had been DUMPED in a rental house that was lacking in most things. No towels, coffee machine, kettle, microwave, internet etc etc etc. They had been told they had signed up for a resort club. They didn't want to be looking after themselves. They had paid for hotel type care.

Buyer beware is the motto!

These people are showing up more and more recently on Samui. One of the interesting things is if you stop and try to look on, and listen in, they will get very testy. Apparently, the gig it to corral the "marks" and not let anyone interfere from outside.

I assume that the people acting as agents for Absolute have valid work permits, yes?

I'd like to ask one if they can produce such a document, and if not, how can anyone believe their claims if they themselves are doing something illegal?

I feel sorry for people who even stop and waste part of their holiday with these bottom feeders. They are not trained to expect this sort of thing -- they are expecting the best and honesty from people here, not bait and switch.

..............dress like an expat and they will leave you alone

It doesn't matter how you dress. I have had the same prat ask me month after month. How many people are here on holiday every month ? That plus the general dress for the expat here consists of just a pair of shorts, flip flops and sunglasses come rain or shine. The other give away is I am riding a bike that is not your typical rental bike,I certainly haven't seen another on the island, A non standard issue rental helmet and bike jacket. :o

actually it was partly cynically. Many expats who work here are dressed like expats who work inta Bangkok > black street shoes, long trousers and short-sleeved shirt. I am on Chaweng almost every day since many years and I was never asked by these people.

..............dress like an expat and they will leave you alone

actually it was partly cynically. Many expats who work here are dressed like expats who work inta Bangkok > black street shoes, long trousers and short-sleeved shirt. I am on Chaweng almost every day since many years and I was never asked by these people.

I was approached at the 7/11 opposite Chaweng Resort where a bunch of these scumbags hang out, when a middle aged fat Brit on a bike with a Thai girl on the back asked me if I spoke English. I replied "you guys head the complaints list on the THA survey carried out " ! Well his big smile changed to a sneer with a "F--- off you silly old B----d " while the girl was screaming F--- your mother, F---- your father..." High class act ESB7

! Well his big smile changed to a sneer with a "F--- off you silly old B----d " while the girl was screaming F--- your mother, F---- your father..." High class act ESB7

Well, to be fair, ESB7 might just be some traveler with a budget and a raft of skank tattoos. Maybe he's finally putting that marketing degree to good use....

I am surprised by the aggressive attitudes of these guys....do they think assault charges in Thailand will not apply to their Absolute Aerie?

! Well his big smile changed to a sneer with a "F--- off you silly old B----d " while the girl was screaming F--- your mother, F---- your father..." High class act ESB7

Well, to be fair, ESB7 might just be some traveler with a budget and a raft of skank tattoos. Maybe he's finally putting that marketing degree to good use....

I am surprised by the aggressive attitudes of these guys....do they think assault charges in Thailand will not apply to their Absolute Aerie?

Off topic but...."asault charges on Samui". You'll be lucky. The BIB have no interest whatsoever. and would be very pissed off if anyone pursued this with them. You would get, excusing the pun, absolutely nowhere.