Current Building Cost In Pattaya

stevehaigh

hi, does anyone know the current building cost per square meter for a medium level house these days? something with mid range tile floors, aluminum windows, cpac roof tile, etc. not crazy expensive imported marble or anything like that but what you would consider western quality.

thanks

I bought a house here in Pattaya 2 years ago and at that time I also needed a good crew to do some extensions, like attaching a western kitchen and a store room. I found Don who made those extensions to our full satisfaction at a fraction of the price mentioned in this thread.

He's currently building for us a bungalow in Surin province for which we bought almost everything in Pattaya. I attach a few pictures which might convince you.

Don will be soon finishing our home and would be happy to take up another job back in Pattaya. Important: He is used to deal with foreigners. I'm Swiss by the way, so we are very fuzzy about everything. Compared to most other contractors, Don is a great guy who certainly won't rip you off!

post-5472-019707900 1281591216_thumb.jpg

post-5472-001801100 1281591262_thumb.jpg

post-5472-053102100 1281591292_thumb.jpg

post-5472-018094500 1281591318_thumb.jpg

post-5472-044791600 1281591387_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dario

There is hardly anything to it,once you have decided what type of foundation your having it's a doddle,all block work and frames,interesting to know if your having cavity walls,and I supposes the ties you could make yourself ,DPC could be Tesco plastic bags or suchlike...but it all comes down to a foreigner not being able to own land,if it's in your wifes name I suppose,but it's not her that decides eventually what happens but her family

:jap:

I was once thinking the same,buy a piece of land and start building. It was always a remote bit of land though I was looking at,tried to buy on a estate/sub division a strip of land the developer was not using and he wanted top dollar.

It is the location,I'd rather be on an estate just for security. DIY building usually involves a remote stretch somewhere,a burglars delight.

Edited by jori