Being With Someone Underage

LostinBkkagain

Anyone who mixes teaching high school and having 16 yo girl friends needs to have a really hard think about what they are doing.

From the OP: "She told me she has just recently turned 17, before I met her."

Seems some are not reading the OP. He was told she was 19 when they met and "I've ended it as shes underage" after he found out.

Yes ... I only read the recent posts ... but my statement still stands, even if it doesn't apply to the OP.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geriatrickid - thanks for that wonderful video, it really made our day. Sadly, I missed some of the middle hours since, being an older retired gentleman, I do tend to take the occasional unplanned nap. However, my sweet, young Thai-Chinese girlfriend was able to bring me up to speed on what I'd missed when we went to bed with our cocoa, (she had even memorised some of it and was able to hum it for me), and asked if there were any of the singer's live concerts available. If so, I'd like to make her a birthday gift of them - she looks forward, so much, to these little displays of my affection for her.

Do keep up the good work! By the way, if this fine singer has not released any live concert videos, I'm wondering if she might appreciate the 25 disc boxed set of "Mrs Mills's Greatest Hits". What do you think?

I always find it delightfull that so many TV posters have such high moral standards: wouldn't do that, shouldn't go there...

I myself find it very hard to figure out, how old ANY Thai woman is, bar or not.

Met one who started out 19...ended 17.

Another started 18 (1,5 years ago) , states now to be 23...though her Lao (!!!) passport states she is just 18 now, she still insists on being 23...I have no idea.

Never had anything with either so...I am safe as I can be, but who knows...you usually do not go to a bar when you are 100% sober!

Sh@t may happen

Not read all the posts.

All I can say is that if the OP is wanting to be a teacher here and he is currently with a girl under age, I hope he does not get caught especially if the situation gets him a criminal record.

Do schools here check criminal records for teachers? Would he be listed in his own country - even if 17 is legal back home as a criminal?

This one needs to be walked away from if the above is correct. Go start a new life somewhere else and become a teacher.

The OP is from 2010, so the girl is currently 18 or 19. sorry.gif

OK, sorry, did not see the original date.

Ta very much for pointing that out.

<-------- off to buy new specs :P

If it helps at all, from what I've seen, 17 is usually just ignored unless there is a vendetta against someone or a scam going on. A lot of these girls have been married with several kids by then. Any younger than that might be taken more seriously.

Yes, quite right.

Down my way a 15-year-old girl just got married to her 17-year-old boyfriend and the girl is pregnant.

Although the couple never actually signed the register, the village laid on a big spread. There were even police in attendance.

The problem the OP has is that he is ripe for extortion and needs to tread very carefully here.

The only advice I can give to the OP is to use his discretion and if he feels any bad vibes over this than give her up, if not than take a chance.

If it helps at all, from what I've seen, 17 is usually just ignored unless there is a vendetta against someone or a scam going on. A lot of these girls have been married with several kids by then. Any younger than that might be taken more seriously.

Yes, quite right.

Down my way a 15-year-old girl just got married to her 17-year-old boyfriend and the girl is pregnant.

Although the couple never actually signed the register, the village laid on a big spread. There were even police in attendance.

The problem the OP has is that he is ripe for extortion and needs to tread very carefully here.

The only advice I can give to the OP is to use his discretion and if he feels any bad vibes over this than give her up, if not than take a chance.

the problem the op has is he is (was) banging a 17 year old. he should give her up. period.

are you condoning his actions? you seem to be saying that sex with an underage prostitute is ok.it is not.

the problem the op has is he is (was) banging a 17 year old. he should give her up. period.

are you condoning his actions? you seem to be saying that sex with an underage prostitute is ok.it is not.

Prostution with someone under 18 is not okay. A relationship, especially with her parent's blessing, is fine. More often than not, the parents would be extatic. :rolleyes:

That might still get him into trouble depending on his nationality; some countries call themselves 'free' but have VERY un-free laws, banning and criminalizing all kinds of personal matters. Ultimately it's his own choice if he'd give a flying **** about his own counties laws, of course.

(Yes, I know this is an older topic, but the debate is current. )

Actually 18yrs is only the age of consent in regards to prostitution.. The real age of consent amongst the general population not involved in selling sex is 15yrs with parental consent. So as long as her Mother is okay with you sleeping with her daughter there really isn't a problem. She isn't working at a bar or a brothel, you aren't 'paying' for sex any more that any other guy that has a live-in girlfriend.

No different to plenty of Thai guys doing the same thing.. So I'd get something in writing from the Mother saying she's happy with the relationship and don't stress about it.. If she looks older and doesn't wear high school uniforms etc who's to know ?

This is correct. So it seems that since you have consummated the relationship already you had better take care of this little lady you have fallen for, as the only problem you can have is if mum gets upset. So make something of it.

Either the OP want to start a troll thread or he has to be the saddest misfit I've ever encountered.

Huge age gaps are common NOT normal here. Learn the difference between these two concepts. In any developing or underdeveloped country it´s about survival ... blood and money. Right or wrong doesn´t matter that's how it is... for a fact.

If things were different in LOS, for example it was as developed as North or West Europe do you honestly think that these age gaps would be so "normal"?

I fear you need a reality check my friend or a dose of education

30 and 17?

Did I understand it correct?

What does a 30 and a 17 year old talk about?

I normally have no problem with age differences.

Even 80/25 is much much better than 30/17.

I think either the OP must be extremely naive/immature, or he is trolling.

I bet it is the latter.

Rates as the most stupid post on TV this year to date.....

• Like 1

The age of consent in the UK is officially 16 years old. However, the Crown Proscecution Service guidelines for prosecutions says that they will not proceed if the 14th birthday has been passed. If the girl/boy is under 14 then it is classed as STATUTORY RAPE.

Most people are completely unaffected by this technically as we do not have sex with children.

If you are a 30 year old, why dont you find yourself a nice thai lady aged between in her 20s, 30s or 40s. Why are you picking up a 16/17 year old ?

I'm sorry but I have little sympathy for the OP, he should have checked her age before doing anything.

Personally I think he is winding us all up.

I am not sure about UK law, but US law makes it illegal for an adult to have sex with anyone under 18 regardless of the local laws.

In the UK you can get married at 16.

Minimum Age

The minimum legal age for getting married is 16 years old. In England and Wales the written consent of the parents or Guardians is required for persons who have not reached 18 years old and have not been previously married. If either of the persons is below 18 a birth certificate must be produced. It is preferred that all persons produce such evidence.

And join the army shoot and kill someone but cant vote

I am not sure about UK law, but US law makes it illegal for an adult to have sex with anyone under 18 regardless of the local laws.

In the UK you can get married at 16.

Minimum Age

The minimum legal age for getting married is 16 years old. In England and Wales the written consent of the parents or Guardians is required for persons who have not reached 18 years old and have not been previously married. If either of the persons is below 18 a birth certificate must be produced. It is preferred that all persons produce such evidence.

And join the army shoot and kill someone but cant vote

You can join the army, get married and have children legally, but you can smoke or drink at your wedding, or leaving do.

This has REVIEW all over it.

Either the OP want to start a troll thread or he has to be the saddest misfit I've ever encountered.

Huge age gaps are common NOT normal here.

The guy is (was) 30. In what universe is that a major age gap? And even if it was, why is that your concern? It certainly isn't illegal in his country, and also not in Thailand under the circumstances he described.

Poor me some holy water will ya. Oh wait, right, the church will ALSO happily bless a marriage to a 17 year old!

Seems you're on your own.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

30 and 17?

Did I understand it correct?

What does a 30 and a 17 year old talk about?

I normally have no problem with age differences.

Even 80/25 is much much better than 30/17.

I think either the OP must be extremely naive/immature, or he is trolling.

I bet it is the latter.

Rates as the most stupid post on TV this year to date.....

I've seen worse. But it ranks up there, yes.

The guy is (was) 30. In what universe is that a major age gap? And even if it was, why is that your concern? It certainly isn't illegal in his country, and also not in Thailand under the circumstances he described.

Poor me some holy water will ya. Oh wait, right, the church will ALSO happily bless a marriage to a 17 year old!

I dont agree its a holier than though, but looking at the lengthy time the OP could spend as a guest for account of his actions, I would say he acted a little carelessly.

Edited by autan

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 (with the below caveat) as specified by article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code. The current legislation applies to all regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.

However parts of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, which disallow any sexual contact with prostitutes under the age of 18, are widely interpreted by some local authorities to cover sexual acts classed as "obscenity for personal gratification". Also from the Penal Code Amendment Act of 1997 Section 283bis, having sex with a child under 18 is a compoundable offense even with the consent of that person. The parent or the child may file charges against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action. This ostensibly makes the Thai unfettered age of consent 18.

A high profile example of this application of the law was a statutory rape charge filed against the lead singer of the Thai band Big Ass for allegedly having had sex with a (then) 16 year old girl. The charge was filed by the girl after the singer refused to take responsibility for her baby. The singer has since been cleared of being the baby's father due to the results of a paternity test and he received 2 years suspended sentence.[65][66]

Source : Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia....n_Asia#Thailand

Edited by Mario2008
source added

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 (with the below caveat) as specified by article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code. The current legislation applies to all regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.

However parts of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, which disallow any sexual contact with prostitutes under the age of 18, are widely interpreted by some local authorities to cover sexual acts classed as "obscenity for personal gratification". Also from the Penal Code Amendment Act of 1997 Section 283bis, having sex with a child under 18 is a compoundable offense even with the consent of that person. The parent or the child may file charges against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action. This ostensibly makes the Thai unfettered age of consent 18.

A high profile example of this application of the law was a statutory rape charge filed against the lead singer of the Thai band Big Ass for allegedly having had sex with a (then) 16 year old girl. The charge was filed by the girl after the singer refused to take responsibility for her baby. The singer has since been cleared of being the baby's father due to the results of a paternity test and he received 2 years suspended sentence.[65][66]

So, the age of consent is 15 but having sex with a child under 18 is against the law. unsure.png

"The parent or the child may file charges against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action." &lt;deleted&gt;? It's all OK until someone changes their mind AFTER the event?

So, the age of consent is 15 but having sex with a child under 18 is against the law. unsure.png

"The parent or the child may file charges against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action." &lt;deleted&gt;? It's all OK until someone changes their mind AFTER the event?

Source : Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Thailand

I'd still say you're in the clear with parental consent, which means doing some kind of ceremony. That would also take care of the "keeping a minor away from his/her parents" thing. Keep pictures of that ceremony. wink.png

I went through that ceremony once, was very nice. And no sin sod or other monetary BS, just a blessing for family, spirits, ancestors and perhaps others not in attendance.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

"so when did you find out you'd been raped?"

"After the cheque bounced!!!"

The age of consent in the UK is officially 16 years old. However, the Crown Proscecution Service guidelines for prosecutions says that they will not proceed if the 14th birthday has been passed. If the girl/boy is under 14 then it is classed as STATUTORY RAPE.

Most people are completely unaffected by this technically as we do not have sex with children.

If you are a 30 year old, why dont you find yourself a nice thai lady aged between in her 20s, 30s or 40s. Why are you picking up a 16/17 year old ?

I'm sorry but I have little sympathy for the OP, he should have checked her age before doing anything.

Is it true that there is a crime called statutory rape in the UK; I have never heard that term except in a US context?

Admittedly I lived most of my life under the Scottish legal system which is different from that of England and Wales (eg 16 year olds can marry without parental consent).

Is it true that there is a crime called statutory rape in the UK; I have never heard that term except in a US context?

Admittedly I lived most of my life under the Scottish legal system which is different from that of England and Wales (eg 16 year olds can marry without parental consent).

The Scottish legal system is different to the English Legal system. You are correct that in Scotland, you may marry at 16 years old without parental consent and without a marriage licence, while we in England, need a marriage licence and can marry at 17 years old.

It is very interesting that fewer marriages percentage of population take place in Scotland than in England & Wales. I wonder why that is, I am sure there is a logical explaination to it.

If the referendum takes place on Independence and cessation from the United Kingdom, do you support it, or will you making a move to Thailand ?