Cathouse In Nana Conning People

Eddiee

I met this indian guy who says he knows people in the families who own a lot of the property on sukhumvit.

he mentioned that most of the bars in nana plaza only have 1 year leases now.  something about the bars not being around much longer.

has anyone heard of this rumor?

not trying to cause trouble.  just curious...

Did you sit next to this guy on a bus...? :o

totster :D:D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met this indian guy who says he knows people in the families who own a lot of the property on sukhumvit.

he mentioned that most of the bars in nana plaza only have 1 year leases now.  something about the bars not being around much longer.

5 5 , that rumour would upset the guy who just bought Big Dogs for 33Mill(?) :o

Good memory :D

I heard a rumour that Marriots have bought a big porton of Soi 4, apparantly Bus Stop is on land they own. Wouldnt surprise me if the yanks took over the whole city !! :o

Good memory :D

And soi cowboy still aint been knocked down :D

I remember hanging out at this bar once just taking in the scene. noticed these 2 guys in the corner, and realized I knew one of them. went over to ask what they were doing. he said quote, "trying to show this guy who is richer."

didn't quite know what he meant by that - until I looked at the collection of drink bills stuffed in their cup.

both of these guys had accummulated over the course of the evening so many drink bills, the waitresses couldn't put anymore into them, and so the new ones spilled over onto the little table.

you meet all kinds in bangkok.

5 5 , that rumour would upset the guy who just bought Big Dogs for 33Mill(?)

Udon.....not really seeing as big dogs is'nt part of the nana plaza land of which spoken......the buildings on soi 4 are seperate for everyones info!

as for the 1 year lease...thats <deleted> too...everyone is currently on a 3 year lease and NO ONE knows whats gonna happen for sure after that! :o

15-20K a night in BKK!?!?!?!?!?

That is some going! Me, I get through 2K on average and I sup quite a bit! How does anyone get through 15-20K in one night even splashing for mates?

Buying lots and lots of lady drinks and things. :o

ha ha...anyone who spends 15-20k a night in bkk 3 times a week dosent start their night off in the cat house!!!!!

Must be a ###### of a lot of lady drinks. Its a massive amount of cash to spend in a night. Its 200-250 GBP which even sorting mates out I'd be hard pushed to get through in London. I took my crew of 5 out a few weeks ago to thank them for their hard work after a big job was finished and even though we were only in a local boozer, at the end of the night the tab was only £140 between 5 of us.

As for tipping 500B in each place, good on you mate I say. If you've got it share the wealth. I bet you have made a lot of people's days.

Send Sickman a note.

Cathouse advertises on that site.

Cathouse has never advertisied on stickmanbangkok.com. I think you may be thinking of nanaplaza.com where Cathouse has been a long term advertiser.

For me the thing of most interest among this bickering is post no. 8 from newbie Stickman. He has been a member for 2 years. Does that make him active on Tv?

He has just lost about 10 regular expat customers because of this and we are all spreading the word as well....was it worth it ?

Falang bar owner as well....suppose to stick together abroad, B******S...

Sounds as though it was.

At least he's got rid of you lot of big timers - economically embarrassed by apparently loosing 15 mins cheaper drinking time - so much so you "spread the word" and post in Thaivisa.

Hold onto your purses, girls.

Especially when you think of the price of drinks in Thailand!!!

It has nothing to do with "big timers" it has to do with honest advertising, but I guess that went over your head......duh!

Totally agree with you.

Nothing to do with the money at all, but the way the business is conducted.

Just like the cheating taxi drivers that "accidently" take the wrong turn in order to make 10 extra Bhat (is Bhat written correct?).

Those few silly Bhat is nothing, but the extra 5-10 minutes are.

Same same, but a little bit different.

Sailor

well i don't know whats going-on here, but earlier this week on the way seeing my friend, who was late, we decided to drop by the cathouse, we were there about 4pm, my friend had chang @ 150bt and i the heinekin @ 300bt : :D

we staggered out at about 8.30pm, and at about 5 minutes to 8, they asked if we wanted another beer as hh was about to finish, we both had 14 marks on our chit :D

btw the clock was about 3 minutes slower than my watch :o

Eddiee

post Today, 2005-07-10 17:55:36

Post #40

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,615

QUOTE(nick2k @ 2005-07-10 04:16:41)

my 2 cents...

the bar owner has the right to do whatever he wants. it's his bar.

but if I were him, if the customer has a legitimate complaint, I would honor the customer's complaint. because in the long run, he will reap the benefits of having a return customer.

in fact, I would buy the guy a beer just to patch up any misunderstandings. like one poster said, "it's only one beer."

return customers are your bread and butter. if you don't try to retain them, you will eventually go broke.

return customers also serve to provide you with free advertising thru word of mouth. something that is always appreciated in the business world.

my father taught me this principle a long time ago.

end of my preaching. you do what you want.

At last 3 cheers for nick, somebody here with a sensible view on this issue.

The majority of my mates here including me have been in Thailand for over 10yrs each and probably know most of you on this board as we are a huge community of approx 100 expats we know most of the people in the bar game (who are worth knowing) and word about this load of B****** has really spread amoung the expat community, however if the bar has changed hands then its pointless continuing this thread, just goes to show who was in the right, bar owner has now SOLD the bar (got the most out of his customers first)

Sign or no sign in the bar stating HH drinking hours (which I have never seen its probably in the run down bogs written in Thai) the World does not revolve around the Cathouse Clock and when people go out for a drink they expect time to be in "Real Time" so as there is no cheating which is/was clearly happening in this instance and probably a lot of other instances no wonder he can afford to sell the bar!

Millwall in Thailand Club....

HQ:

Dogs <deleted>

Pattaya

NO wonder he can afford to sell his bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you as an expat here have any idea about running a bar and the profits involved?..........do you think he sold it because he was smashing it? or losing?...at 100bt for all the chang u can drink ...what kind of money do u think the geezar was making...? 50 million baht a month?...........STOP <deleted>*KIN moaning and enjoy any happy hour you can get mate!.........at those prices....you couldnt sit outside foodland for 4 hours enjoying the view at the same rate.......get a grip will ya!!!!!

THE DOGS <deleted> MASTER>>>>BKK.......<deleted>