Proceeding From Non-Immig. "O" Visa To Retirement Visa

When I received my Non-Immigrant "O" Visa in Bangkok, I was also given a tag stating to contact them 30 days before its expiry, to submit the necessary documents for the issuance of my Retirement Visa. I will be using the 800 thousand baht in the bank route. My question is with respect to the bank letter(s). Do I need a bank letter when I go in to Immigration tomorrow (approx. 30 days before my expiry date), a bank letter on the expiry date, or both of the foregoing ?

I am asking this because of the geography involved. My bank is quite some distance from the Immigration office, and from my residence. I don't want to go to Immigration first, only to be told that I should have gone to the bank first. Nor do I want to have to make a trip to the bank tomorrow, if a letter from them is not required at this point.

You need a bank letter and an updated bank book no more than a day or two before you apply.

Your problem will be that the banks and Immigration will be closed today and probably tomorrow.

You may well have to go on Monday.

Edited by Lite Beer

They want you to apply with 30 days or less remaining and you will need a bank letter. Banks should be open tomorrow (as they are not allowed to close more than 3 days in a row) but immigration should be closed as it is an official holiday. I would wait until mid next week as Monday is likely to be hectic.

You must qualify for each and every extension of stay and present proof on that day. You previously only presented proof to obtain a change of entry (which would not have been required with a non immigrant visa entry). Your actual extension of stay is yet to be approved/issued and is what requires the 60 days in bank.

not to hijack the thread but my extension based on marriage expires 31 December...I want to renew based on retirement using an income affidavit from the US Embassy; when is the earliest that I can make the application?

Edited by tutsiwarrior