Horror Stories/Nightmare Moving To Thailand

Suiken

Sunday morning in July 2000, I was walking in China town needed to buy some goods for my GF business, and i like just to walk around and look.

Suddenly a box fall out of building just a few meter in front of me, my heart stopped for a moment.

Luckily my heart found his track again and started few second later as it again was interrupted when a loud bang accurse.

A man in his 30isch followed the box and dropped out of the same window in front of me, blood everywhere i assumed that he was dead. As i was very close i turned around and walked away.

At this time my heart was pumping my blood under high pressure true my body, after a few second i found myself running instead of walking, and many people where looking at me.

People were screaming and the word Farang was one of them, i found out that about 4 people following me. I run as fast as i could why I didn't know , I had nothing to do with this guy dropped out off building in front off me. It was a difficult run as it was very crowded.

After seems to me about 15 minutes i couldn't run anymore i was exhausted my legs felt if there was Lead pumping in it and i could run anymore.

I turned around and didn't saw any of the guys following me, good take a taxi and go home.

The moment i turned around again 4 guy standing in front of me, one of the a Thai-Chinese guy about 45 years old told me in Chinese-English that I killed his friend. As i try to explained to him that i only walked there to buy some good for my GF i got hit by a golf club on my head. Before i knew what was going on i start hitting this guy i try to manage to get golf club and knocked him out.

The second Guy who was talking with me grabbed a pistol, the only i can remember is a loud bang.

I wake up about 20 meter from my bed sweating with a broom in my hand.

I'm only going to award this one seven points - you got the horror story, and the nightmare, it was about Thailand, but not about moving here.

Good effort, let's see if any one can improve on that

SC

One thing you will have to accept if you decide to move to Thailand is that you are not wanted here. You will always be subject to rip-offs, scams, and ridicule. You will encounter suppressed or overt hostility. There may be posts in reply to this one that give the opposite view to the points I have made. I can assure you that if you choose to live here, you will find I am right.

There may be posts in reply to this one that give the opposite view to the points I have made. I can assure you that if you choose to live here, you will find I am right.

How can you claim something so silly? Why are so many other members in complete opposition to your opinions if you are so "right" and why would this particular poster be guaranteed to agree with you? :blink:

• Like 1

One thing you will have to accept if you decide to move to Thailand is that you are not wanted here. You will always be subject to rip-offs, scams, and ridicule. You will encounter suppressed or overt hostility. There may be posts in reply to this one that give the opposite view to the points I have made. I can assure you that if you choose to live here, you will find I am right.

You are wrong and are making a sweeping generalization.. There is hostilty towards us from some, there are rip offs, scams and indeed ridicule from some quarters too but you will find the same type of characters in every country. Most Thais don't mind us here as long as we are respectful and behave ourselves. Lets face it, isn't that the way all people should behave. To label a nation due to a small minority of rotten apples is rather ignorant.

Obviously you would proceed with caution and rent your home first. We never know what's round the corner and if you buy a home you're stuck with it come what may. Some places have been on the market for years waiting for a buyer at the right price. As in Falangland the most important consideration must be the location. No point in living in a beautiful secluded home if you like company and vice versa. You must also give transportation a lot of thought. Personally I came to Thailand to avoid stress and I've always found vehicular concerns the source of major headaches so would never consider owning a car or motor cycle in Pattaya.

Things can change quickly in Pattaya with buildings sprouting up everywhere blocking views and sunshine and anti social neighbours moving into the area. Where I stay we had a pool that basked in sunshine all day, now it is in the shade from 2pm onwards because of a huge building erected in the last 9 months. It is not a wise move to skimp on your lodgings as it will be your home and renting cheap accommodation can easily backfire on you. You must spend some cash making your home somewhere that you are comfortable and happy in as after a while you will get bored of bars, boozing and chasing women. A decent entertainment system is a must as is good internet connection. Cooking facilities come in handy as not everyone wishes to go out every time they want a bite to eat.

My advice would be not to burn your bridges, rent don't buy, don't be tempted to invest in any kind of business, don't select your lodgings based on price and be prepared to fork out on the necessary home comforts. and last but not least do not have a woman move in with you. You can move them in easily enough but getting them to leave when it all goes boss eyed is a different kettle of fish altogether.

"You never know what's around the corner." I could not understand why so many people started visiting a house across the street this week, it had been vacant.

I told the wife it looks like 6 or 8 people have moved in but without furniture and people coming and going all the time. She inquired with the neighbours, someone has rented it and turned it into a gambling den, Korat.

How can you claim something so silly? Why are so many other members in complete opposition to your opinions if you are so "right" and why would this particular poster be guaranteed to agree with you? :blink:

You are wrong and are making a sweeping generalization.. There is hostilty towards us from some, there are rip offs, scams and indeed ridicule from some quarters too but you will find the same type of characters in every country. Most Thais don't mind us here as long as we are respectful and behave ourselves. Lets face it, isn't that the way all people should behave. To label a nation due to a small minority of rotten apples is rather ignorant.

I stated my honest opinion, and backed it up with an assurance. I didn't put words into anybodies mouth, (Where did I say guaranteed?), nor did I call anybody ignorant. I stand by what I said. Now I am interested to read about the experiences of others, not criticise any posts. Back to the thread please...

Edited by johntou

I meant to say you will encounter barely-suppressed or overt hostility.

I wish I was as sensitive to other people's feelings as you are; I've never noticed that.

But then, I was happy to drink in the Bongo Club in Middlesbrough...

SC