A River Thought

Gonzo the Face

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sounders are saying at 8 AM 3.06 M and flow at 314. www.tmd.go.th/en is saying YTD for rain is 926.9 mm and should be at 890.26 mm. Plus 36.64 mm.

It feels like most of that rain has fallen in the last 7 days :(

You are not far of in your thanking. They are calling for an 80% chance of rain today. First time this year it has been that high.

My interpretation of the chart photographed by Greenside (page 5 this thread), is that a depth of 4m at San Sai, results in 3.7m at Narawat Bridge, 6 - 7 hrs later.  Highest, latest reading at San Sai is 3.35m, so still a fair way to go.  

WOW The Hydro gang is on the ball now...... new noon posting and even some minutes before the hour. and up another good size leap 3.25 as I remember.

So I mark 3.25 as the level where I start getting water under my riverside fence.

Gonzo sez " Glubb, Glubb, Glubb...... :whistling:

....anybody got any updated infor on the Nong Hoi, or C M Land areas???

Edited by Gonzo the Face

WOW The Hydro gang is on the ball now...... new noon posting and even some minutes before the hour. and up another good size leap 3.25 as I remember.

So I mark 3.25 as the level where I start getting water under my riverside fence.

SAND BAGS :ermm:

Edited by gotlost

So people can sit in your restaurant and catch their own fish from their seat.

SAND BAGS :ermm:

...are those doing the work 'sandbaggers' or just slacking off ? <_<

Eat from the Ping? :blink: (I guess the majority of the fish we get around here come from there anyway, scary thought).

Eat from the Ping? :blink: (I guess the majority of the fish we get around here come from there anyway, scary thought).

Just check out the old FC polls.:lol:

Yes

Yes

just like in the high priced joints where you select your own fish, just taken to a new dimension

B)

Yes

Yes

just like in the high priced joints where you select your own fish, just taken to a new dimension

B)

Less customers higher prices.....get them to catch their own food....and then cook it themselves.

Maybe you are turning Thai

River update from ground zero PUN PUN 13:30 hrs

Talk about hunkering down..... attached is a photo taken from a hunkered down position under one of my bungalows..... the photo is looking towards the river and under one of the lower bungalows and the pavillion.

Still have about 30 inches to go before water into the lowest bungalow.

post-22124-086947800 1284706677_thumb.jp

almost gettin wet gonzo

3.35 at Narawat half an hour ago at 2:00pm and a crowd of people gathered at the displays by the bridge, although what they were hoping to see I've no idea unless it was GTF floating past on the verandah of one of his bungalows <_<

Meanwhile the sandbags are out at the dyke by Rimping on the way to Nong Hoi .........

1011027242_ZcaPH-L.jpg

and just before the Holiday Inn they're hard at work filling more.

1011027490_5Q684-L.jpg

1011027897_UT7Rv-X2.jpg

This lady is about to fill her own....

1011028023_C8wuQ-XL.jpg

3.35 at Narawat half an hour ago at 2:00pm and a crowd of people gathered at the displays by the bridge, although what they were hoping to see I've no idea unless it was GTF floating past on the verandah of one of his bungalows <_<

Meanwhile the sandbags are out at the dyke by Rimping on the way to Nong Hoi .........

1011027242_ZcaPH-L.jpg

and just before the Holiday Inn they're hard at work filling more.

1011027490_5Q684-L.jpg

1011027897_UT7Rv-X2.jpg

This lady is about to fill her own....

1011028023_C8wuQ-XL.jpg

Hey .... what are they sexist...... dont they have girls in T shirts, in this mans army???

....and now they want a law banning plastic bags...5555555 :P

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Well the water has been dropping quickly at Sansai, about 6 hours before Nawarat Bridge gets it. The levels at Nawarat hod been mirroring those at Sansai a quick raise and then a levelling of. A fall should be next.

Having said all that though we have now got Torrential rain near Doi Saket so this could alter things.

Nice picture, canuckamuck :rolleyes:.

Seems that the immediate crisis has receded with a drop of 23cm since midnight.

I was showing canuckamuk's nice pic to my Thai wife and she explained to me that Thai authorities have to block/regulate the river's flow downstream to prevent further flooding down country. Perhaps that's another reason for it being so close to overflowing up here.?.

According to the authorities the river at Narawat Bridge topped out at midnight last night at 3.57m and a flow of 421. At 10 AM it is at 3.30 m and flow of 364. A report from Phrao, no rain last night or today. So Mr. G you may have to go buy some real fish for your FC. :lol: