A River Thought

Gonzo the Face

I was at the dam today at Doi Saket. It's not going to happen. It would have to rain 40 days and 40 nights to fill the reservoir. The offical that opened the flood gates, he received a promotion and that's why Bangkok is sinking.:lol:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the authorities the river at Narawat Bridge topped out at midnight last night at 3.57m and a flow of 421. At 10 AM it is at 3.30 m and flow of 364. A report from Phrao, no rain last night or today. So Mr. G you may have to go buy some real fish for your FC. :lol:

Real Fish ! ! ! Real Fish ! ! !

This flood is just driving me crazy....

No sleep at all last night !

The Growling , Hissing, Barking, Clucking of all these animals....

The stink of these beasts alone is enough to make one sick....

Now one of the Chickens is missing, and I've got to find it our you know what that means..

...and have you ever tried to get a lion to lie down with a sheep ?????

The lion keeps wanting to French Kiss the sheep.....

...& and the Aussie and Kiwi boatmen are rageing with jealousy....

I tell you this

...."Never Again "

:angry:

According to the authorities the river at Narawat Bridge topped out at midnight last night at 3.57m and a flow of 421. At 10 AM it is at 3.30 m and flow of 364. A report from Phrao, no rain last night or today. So Mr. G you may have to go buy some real fish for your FC. :lol:

Real Fish ! ! ! Real Fish ! ! !

This flood is just driving me crazy....

No sleep at all last night !

The Growling , Hissing, Barking, Clucking of all these animals....

The stink of these beasts alone is enough to make one sick....

Now one of the Chickens is missing, and I've got to find it our you know what that means..

...and have you ever tried to get a lion to lie down with a sheep ?????

The lion keeps wanting to French Kiss the sheep.....

...& and the Aussie and Kiwi boatmen are rageing with jealousy....

I tell you this

...."Never Again "

:angry:

Sounds like a story from Dr.Seuss!:)

Edited by ThaiWx

Toured the river a bit earlier and it is moving fast, although receding. Stopped at Pun Pun for an excellent lunch and got to meet GTF's delightful family.

The pump in the SuperHighway underpass south of town was working full blast to keep the road somewhat dry. I don't get the feeling the rainy season is over yet but at least for now things look okay.

River update from ground zero PUN PUN 13:30 hrs

Talk about hunkering down..... attached is a photo taken from a hunkered down position under one of my bungalows..... the photo is looking towards the river and under one of the lower bungalows and the pavillion.

Still have about 30 inches to go before water into the lowest bungalow.

post-22124-086947800 1284706677_thumb.jp

almost gettin wet gonzo

According the Punpun website, the river was that high you had to serve river at sunday? It inundate the liver......?

River update from ground zero PUN PUN 13:30 hrs

Talk about hunkering down..... attached is a photo taken from a hunkered down position under one of my bungalows..... the photo is looking towards the river and under one of the lower bungalows and the pavillion.

Still have about 30 inches to go before water into the lowest bungalow.

post-22124-086947800 1284706677_thumb.jp

almost gettin wet gonzo

According the Punpun website, the river was that high you had to serve river at sunday? It inundate the liver......?

Funny thing...... both the river and the green floating stuff and the liver and the onions , have both gone down very nicely.....

G

So much for out of sight , out of mind....

This one is sneaking up fast.... the river is just about to come out of the banks at The Pun Pun, & this one is coming up very fast..... about a third of a metre in the past 6 hrs...

....and its still climbing further up river . So I would say it may be time for the sandbaggers, ...... the real ones that is....

at least some caution would be a good thought.

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

So much for out of sight , out of mind....

This one is sneaking up fast.... the river is just about to come out of the banks at The Pun Pun, & this one is coming up very fast..... about a third of a metre in the past 6 hrs...

....and its still climbing further up river . So I would say it may be time for the sandbaggers, ...... the real ones that is....

at least some caution would be a good thought.

Gonzo

2.81 meters at 1PM. As I reported on the rain thread they are sandbagging hear in Doi Saket over in back of the DS Hospital on the 118. Irrigation canals are broaching the levees in place flooding rice fields and threatening some homes. A couple of the canals that are usually 3 meters wide are ruining 10 meters wide and fast. Anyone for a white water business?

Here is a link to some of the flooding back in the USA. This is interesting in that it shows the exponential peak and ebbing of a flood.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/arx/?n=sep2310

If the Mae Ping does peak higher this time, I'll be pretty surprised based on the short durations of the rains up north over the last few days. Good luck to you River Rats!

Looks like there has been a peak at SanSai at 6pm. Could be good news

mae-ping-6pm.jpg

thanks canuckhamuck for the above post.... seems like the flood boys are playing a little something.... the 8pm post is now up but the 6 & 7 PM posts are removed....it would be my guess that if nothing more happens in the way of rain or water release for a while by the powers that be, we should be out of the woods and maybe not reach the high of 3.57 that we had last week. At least that is my hope

G

I stand to correct myself,,,,, now the 2 missing stats must have been corrected and replaced. ...at least one of them has been.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

3.43 M and 391 at 8 PM Still going up.:unsure:

Was at the river at sunset and there was an energy to it I haven't seen this year. Lots of Green Pun Pun Salad swirling around. I still think it will ebb very soon, and Canuck's post from Sansai seems to be aligned with that conjecture.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a few months back we were closely watching the Ping worrying about it's level. Guess we can count our blessings after seeing what northeast Australia is going through right now. Flooding is expected to reach around 9 meters (30 feet) deep in some areas! That is so hard to imagine. http://l.wbx.me/l/?i...cord-floods.htm

Edited by ThaiWx