Black Pipes Around Island.

Rooo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also thought they were for water distribution.Apparently they are for underground cabling.

I see, they look very impressive, if they hide all cables inside there that would be a nice idea, but i dont think we gonna forget soon those funny cables all around samui and thailand. If im an telephone guy, definatly go crazy to find out where the cable is going or broken, haha...

The flaw in the cables idea is the lack of regular access points. As an ex telecom engineer you need to get at the cables every so often. Also the pies are getting welded together to totally seal them. Another sign that they are to be carrying water of some sort. It is either Government water distribution or storm water run off.They are near to me so will ask them this morning. :D

The flaw in the cables idea is the lack of regular access points. As an ex telecom engineer you need to get at the cables every so often. Also the pies are getting welded together to totally seal them. Another sign that they are to be carrying water of some sort. It is either Government water distribution or storm water run off.They are near to me so will ask them this morning. :D

The ones on the ring road.Make it interesting. A beer.

So you are saying cables correct ?

I'm saying water of some description either Government or storm run off yes ?

A beer it is then

I'm off into town later this morning and they are just at the bottom of the mountain so will stop and ask them

Back later :thumbsup:

So you are saying cables correct ?

I'm saying water of some description either Government or storm run off yes ?

A beer it is then

I'm off into town later this morning and they are just at the bottom of the mountain so will stop and ask them

Back later :thumbsup:

I hope they know :D & not guessing.

It turns out it is a public holiday for the Queen so they are all on the lash :D It will have to wait till Monday. Though I can taste the beer already :)

It's a government holiday, not public holiday.

Only banks and government employees have the day of.

It turns out it is a public holiday for the Queen so they are all on the lash :D It will have to wait till Monday. Though I can taste the beer already :)

It's a government holiday, not public holiday.

Only banks and government employees have the day of.

Well as nobody was working I preume they are working for the Government. Forgive me for getting my public and Government holidays mixed up :jap:

:cheesy: beer delivery :cheesy:

I've heard it is for the local water that Nathon person told me "they are stealing" for Chaweng .. hmm. This gave me an insight into local politics and mentalities.

As to the idea of under-grounding all the horrible unsightly power lines that I call "spaghetti" it will never happen in Thailand to my understanding. Not only Thais are afraid of being "shocked" by electricity in the ground but also feel that burring power cables underground equals burring money :burp:

Page 10 of the latest issue of the Samui Gazzette says the black pipes are for the first stage of underground Cabling on Samui.

(IMO this will take the next 100 years) :lol:

Yes, it is for high-voltage underground cables from Tong Krut to the new distribution plant they are building in Maenam which will serve the north of Samui.

Their other alternative which got scrapped was to run the cables on high towers across the mountain.

(horseface, you can put away your aerosol can now ;) )

Edited by lom