Black Pipes Around Island.

Rooo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still no answer as the guys have been missing in action for the last couple of days when I have passed. The other thing I thought of was whenever you lay pipes to carry cables etc you always lay draw ropes in the pipes so you can pull through your cables. Pushing cables can be very difficult if you have ever tried it. I will check today to see if they are there.

Just to be on the safe side does anybody know who sells the cheapest, smallest beer on the island ;)

I agree with Rooo, black rubber pipes might be for cables. Because water is supplied in blue plastic pipes, all over Thailand.

Beer pipeline, logically, should be constructed from yellow plastic pipes. And it should have been built a lot faster, I see many investors at ThaiVisa boards alone.

I've worked out what they're doing. It's a budget underground rail link around the island.

Yes that would make sense after have seen those mini-submarines they are investing in :D

everything is worth a beer. i'm willing to wager a beer that half of those that have already wagered a beer will find innumerable reasons to delay and/or argue the veracity of the original wagers should they find themselves on the wrong end of the color spectrum.

everything is worth a beer. i'm willing to wager a beer that half of those that have already wagered a beer will find innumerable reasons to delay and/or argue the veracity of the original wagers should they find themselves on the wrong end of the color spectrum.

I'll take that bet. Are we on? ;)

Smokie can you explain all that please?Joe has taken a bet against people betting me. So what is my beer content so far?

Looks to me like Dunc and one other possible...but I could be wrong. Who knows what I'm betting on?

No comment on what the pipes are for...would hate to influence the betting....:whistling::rolleyes:

They buried big black pipes on the beach in Ban Kai on Koh P a few years ago to carry water to Hadrin. Pity that they didn't bury them deep enough or anchored them well enough because a few months later when the high tide season started, they popped back up. Unsightly and ugly, they reburied those pipes over and over and over.

So, good luck guys, I hope your black pipe experience was better than mine. :(

I agree with Rooo, black rubber pipes might be for cables. Because water is supplied in blue plastic pipes, all over Thailand.

Beer pipeline, logically, should be constructed from yellow plastic pipes. And it should have been built a lot faster, I see many investors at ThaiVisa boards alone.

Not strictly true. The blue water piping is used in house, etc construction, and not by the water authorities, who use black plastic piping. Smaller bore black plastic piping is run into the various Soi's, from the equivilent to a 'ring' main. This 'ring' main is going to be the large black plastic piping now being laid, as the original cannot cope with demand.

I'll take Chang draught please ladies & gents.

Not strictly true. The blue water piping is used in house, etc construction, and not by the water authorities, who use black plastic piping. Smaller bore black plastic piping is run into the various Soi's, from the equivilent to a 'ring' main. This 'ring' main is going to be the large black plastic piping now being laid, as the original cannot cope with demand.

I'll take Chang draught please ladies & gents.

Ah ha, I now have 2 definite & a maybe.

These pipes have been laid in in Choengmon all the way down to Bophud and they're for distributing government water.

You are kidding us, right? It is a well known fact that there is no water in the black pipes after Maenam on thee north side or after Lamai on the east side of the island.

That's a different story all together, the intent was and I assume still is to deliver govnmt water through these pipes.

So Limbos are you on for that beer?