Controversial Postings

I have just been running through the couple of threads that have wisely been kept open, dealing with matters related to the obscene events in London on 7/7.

There does seem to me to be rather lot of controversial postings (read contrary to my own views, if you must) many downright racist and inflammatory in character, being posted by members with low (under 20) postings.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

I wouldn't like to think that propagandists of this nature are using this tragedy to infiltrate Thaivisa.

Or am I being over sensitive?

I have just been running through the couple of threads that have wisely been kept open, dealing with matters related to the obscene events in London on 7/7.

There does seem to me to be rather lot of controversial postings (read contrary to my own views, if you must) many downright racist and inflammatory in character, being posted by members with low (under 20) postings.

I wouldn't like to think that propagandists of this nature are using this tragedy to infiltrate Thaivisa.

YES!

I agree,this is primarily a Thai forum and whilst these issues affect us all, to some degree.(My son works in central London)the forum should not be used as a platform for,racism,bigotry and and above all drivel dressed up as fact.They have had their say and if anything are going further off topic.

TM, you raise a very valid point in my view.

In general I have noticed that racism has crept in through the backdoor of late, sometimes under the guise of banter over sports, other times more serious as per your OP remarks.

I for one am feeling a little disturbed by this.

my 2 cents..

freedom of speech is so important I don't know how explain it to put it in context.

propaganda is when you only hear one side of the story.

that is why it is crucial to hear both sides. only thru discussion is there any possibility of the truth coming out.

all through history, confusion (propaganda) has been used as a instrument of war. ..sun tzu.

as I see it, this is now happening via the internet.

have you heard of the word, brainwashing?

on the 4 suicide bombers, has anyone ever considered that they may not have went "willingly"? that they thought they were just transporting some "stuff" to another place, and that the mastermind used them as mules? sacrificing their lifes via remote control at HIS discretion?

my 2 cents..

freedom of speech is so important I don't know how explain it to put it in context.

that is why it is crucial to hear both sides.  only thru discussion is there any possibility of the truth coming out.

all through history, confusion (propaganda) has been used as a instrument of war.  ..sun tzu.

on the 4 suicide bombers, has anyone ever considered that they may not have went "willingly"?  that they thought they were just transporting some "stuff" to another place, and that the mastermind used them as mules?  sacrificing their lifes via remote control at HIS discretion?

You don't get it, do ya?

my 2 cents..

that is why it is crucial to hear both sides.  only thru discussion is there any possibility of the truth coming out.

all through history, confusion (propaganda) has been used as a instrument of war.  ..sun tzu.

on the 4 suicide bombers, has anyone ever considered that they may not have went "willingly"?  that they thought they were just transporting some "stuff" to another place, and that the mastermind used them as mules?  sacrificing their lifes via remote control at HIS discretion?

You don't get it, do ya?

I'm the first to admit I'm not a genius. so, what is it that I don't get?

I'm all ears.

but don't expect me to be easily brainwashed.

I am reaching an opinion that the bombings in London and in the south of Thailand are extremely similar.

Ethnic young men, brainwashed through fundamentalist religionism, sent off to their deaths to kill innocent civilians for "wrongs" committed to their religions in foreign lands. Perhaps there is a separatist agenda woven into the Thai mix, but my take on that is the attempt to set up a separate religious state to further fundametalist's agenda, a parmutation of the perceived objective of the London bombings.

My view is that "terrorism" is merely the method employed, it is religious funadamentalism that is the cause. Insurgencies are bred in neighborhoods of the disadvntaged by "hatemongers" and clearly the governments of England and Thailand have their work cut out for them if this is going to stop. I am fast believing that the remedies are the same for each country, although I have yet to reach any idea how.

Perhaps making the advocacy of violence illegal, even in a religious context, is a start. Do any religious orders other than fundamentalists advocate violence? It seems to me that the practice of one's own religion should be completely free until it crosses over into advocating violence to further its aims.

Edited by ProThaiExpat

they have developed into something we don't really want here.

Funnily enough that's what the U.K. tabloids are saying about the ragheads. :D

That's probably the sort of comment George is talking about Scamp! :o !

But then you know that! :D !