Are You Addicted?

Jockstar

I see many new members going nuts on this forum.(not a bad thing) They sign up and ask their question. Then some, not all. Start on a posting mission. I can think of at least 3 members that have gone crazy with the amount of posts in the last 4 months. So the question is. Are you addicted? Do you need a fix everyday? I know that when i signed up i posted alot. Now i dont post as much. Maybe because of the repeated questions etc. But the question still stands. Comments please!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jockstar the postwhore - I rather like that one (not mine, I'm afraid, someone else's description).

Hope I haven't hurt you.

We wouldn't want anyone to think you are sensitive, would we?

I'm hurt!

Edited by george

I see many new members going nuts on this forum.(not a bad thing) They sign up and ask their question. Then some, not all. Start on a posting mission. I can think of at least 3 members that have gone crazy with the amount of posts in the last 4 months. So the question is. Are you addicted? Do you need a fix everyday? I know that when i signed up i posted alot. Now i dont post as much. Maybe because of the repeated questions etc. But the question still stands. Comments please!

Am i one of the 3 jockstar?

I have to admit i am addicted to the site without a doubt. What the <deleted> is happening? :D I just cant help myself, first thing i do when i get up in the morning after checking my emails is get on here, then i go to work come home the computer goes back on again, i dont even watch tv anymore, god i must be sad :o

I tried not coming on but i start shaking and my fingers start twitching because they are not typing anything.

Do you have a tv anonymous club i can join?

Is it run by the doc?

Would a meeting be something like this?

Doc : Welcome to tva my name is the doc would everyone like to introduce themselves

Daleyboy: Hi my names Daleyboy and i am a tv addict.

Doc: Thanks for that Daleyboy, ok whos next?

Tornado: Hi my names torny and i wear womens clothes!!! Ohh sh1t wrong room, sorry my name is Torny and i am an alcoholic!!

Doc: Sorry Tornado this is still the wrong room.

Tornado: ohh ok my names Torny and i am an addict, i post complete drivel most of the time and i like upsetting everyone :D

Am i one of the 3 jockstar?

I have to admit i am addicted to the site without a doubt. What the <deleted> is happening? :D I just cant help myself, first thing i do when i get up in the morning after checking my emails is get on here, then i go to work come home the computer goes back on again, i dont even watch tv anymore, god i must be sad :o

I tried not coming on but i start shaking and my fingers start twitching because they are not typing anything.

Do you have a tv anonymous club i can join?

Is it run by the doc?

Would a meeting be something like this?

Doc : Welcome to tva my name is the doc would everyone like to introduce themselves

Daleyboy: Hi my names Daleyboy and i am a tv addict.

Doc: Thanks for that Daleyboy, ok whos next?

Tornado: Hi my names torny and i wear womens clothes!!! Ohh sh1t wrong room, sorry my name is Torny and i am an alcoholic!!

Doc: Sorry Tornado this is still the wrong room.

Tornado: ohh ok my names Torny and i am an addict, i post complete drivel most of the time and i like upsetting everyone :D

Actually i've met Tornado and hes a sound bloke. Though he does post too much when hes pissed. I would never do that. :D:D

I'm not addicted to posting..... :D

I am however addicted to reading ThaiVisa.... :D

Like you Jock, I don't post when pissed.....  :o

:D Hey mate hows England? Are you not back for the next pissup then?

Its a site that works well, conducive to active participation.

... all the people posting - and I mean all of them, appear poised and capable of highly rational analysis and articulate debate.

It pulls in people from all over the world and has grown beyond Immigration questions.

The Moderators are dignified and non-provocative.

Its a recipe for business success and the inventor of the concept should feel very happy.

Like you Jock, I don't post when pissed.....  :D

:o Just replied in the Pissup Thread.

No sadly stuck in England until mid August! :D !

Have a few for me..... :D

Like you Jock, I don't post when pissed.....  :D

:o Just replied in the Pissup Thread.

No sadly stuck in England until mid August! :D !

Have a few for me..... :D

We will. Give me a shout when you are back.

I see many new members going nuts on this forum.(not a bad thing) They sign up and ask their question. Then some, not all. Start on a posting mission. I can think of at least 3 members that have gone crazy with the amount of posts in the last 4 months.

do you mean me? :o ...(emm i just join 1 mth , but pretty troll)

:D

So the question is. Are you addicted?
i guess so...but its sanook,isn't it?..its kinda spent my time when im free from work
Do you need a fix everyday?

well better i will trown my pc in the bin :D

Bambi :D

been a member of tv for over 2 years & still only on 989 posts, so don't think I'm addicted but log in daily to keep an eye on things in my capacity as a moderator. I prefer reading the posts than posting myself but do see some posters going mental in the first few months & racking up hundreds of posts in short space of time.:D I think with most people, they get a sense of kins(wo)manship here, but is best to bear in mind that this is an anonimous forum & some people might not be what they claim :D:o:D

I check it a couple times a day.

Some things do bother me here:

The guy who started this thread has a deal with newbies trying to rack up their posts while he diminished mine because I don't have many posts. And because of that I get criticised by him and others for making threads about overdone topics or aspects of Thailand I am tired of.

Is it just me or can I only edit my previous post? I wanna retract some statements.

and there are several types here that seem to clash. I like the "I wish I was in Thailand" crowd.

I have been a member since November 2003 and I check the site a couple of times a day. I scan all the new post headers and read those which interest me. I have just looked at my controls and I am now up to 0.48 posts a day.

I figure at this rate I will be making my 1,000th post in the next 4 or 5 years.

Edited by billd766

The guy who started this thread has a deal with newbies trying to rack up their posts while he diminished mine because I don't have many posts.  And because of that I get criticised by him and others for making threads about overdone topics or aspects of Thailand I am tired of. 

Is it just me or can I only edit my previous post?  I wanna retract some statements.

and there are several types here that seem to clash.  I like the "I wish I was in Thailand" crowd.

I think your making too much out of this... just get over it... :D

totster :o

The guy who started this thread has a deal with newbies trying to rack up their posts while he diminished mine because I don't have many posts.  And because of that I get criticised by him and others for making threads about overdone topics or aspects of Thailand I am tired of. 

Is it just me or can I only edit my previous post?  I wanna retract some statements.

and there are several types here that seem to clash.  I like the "I wish I was in Thailand" crowd.

I think your making too much out of this... just get over it... :D

totster :o

Agreed. If you have a go expect it back. Get over it!

I see many new members going nuts on this forum.(not a bad thing) They sign up and ask their question. Then some, not all. Start on a posting mission. I can think of at least 3 members that have gone crazy with the amount of posts in the last 4 months.

do you mean me? :o ...(emm i just join 1 mth , but pretty troll)

So the question is. Are you addicted?
i guess so...but its sanook,isn't it?..its kinda spent my time when im free from work
Do you need a fix everyday?

well better i will trown my pc in the bin :D

Bambi :D

Hey Bambi - no don't do that! We need your input too....

But tell me - did you mean that you are pretty and you are a troll.... I can't imagine that... the troll bit I mean... hehe! :D

I agree that TV is very addictive though...I know I should be doing something else, but I can't get away from the computer....

I tend to post on another forum more, as I know the characters better there. And there's not so many retirees with young partners of dubious character on there, asking dumb questions like "Does she love me or is she after my money?"

Give me another 30 years and I'll probably feel right at home here.

I tend to post on another forum more, as I know the characters better there. And there's not so many retirees with young partners of dubious character on there, asking dumb questions like "Does she love me or is she after my money?"

Give me another 30 years and I'll probably feel right at home here.

Eh? I'm 31 mate. not 71. What other place are you talking about?