Working Online

Hi

I currently work remotely from home in Australia, and could do the same thing from Thailand.

Would I need a work visa for this?

Also I work for a Betting Company, would this cause any problems if I did work from LOS?

Cheers

Windy

Per current regulations...answer is yes....you need a WP

also the nature of your business.....ie gambling will also be a problem if caught

Thanks for the quick reply, it was what I expected, but I was hoping was not the case.

Cheers

WP issue aside, you might be accessing the betting company through a site URL that is not the site URL used by customers and thus might possibly not be blocked by the MICT.

Thanks

I don't have to access any betting websites. I connect via a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to my companies network so I can work.

I tried connecting to work during my last trip, last month, and had no problems.

Train yourself in correspondence, in conversation, on the telephone, etc. never to use the word 'WORK' ...

To do my job, I have to be online and do it on the internet. The phone is no good for me.

WP issue aside, you might be accessing the betting company through a site URL that is not the site URL used by customers and thus might possibly not be blocked by the MICT.

Thanks

I don't have to access any betting websites. I connect via a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to my companies network so I can work.

I tried connecting to work during my last trip, last month, and had no problems.

I'm in Thailand most of the year and work with customers in Europe online. Never applied for a WP and never been asked for it. I stay at home in my apartment and "work" or you can call it whatever you want. :whistling: I call it my hobby.

Edited by balo

Thanks

I'm in Thailand most of the year and work with customers in Europe online. Never applied for a WP and never been asked for it. I stay at home in my apartment and "work" or you can call it whatever you want. :whistling: I call it my hobby.

Yes, but it's what the Thai governemnt calls it. It may be your hobby, but it is (by the oficial governement definition) an occupation (whether you derive any compensation from it or not) and therefore the Thai government looks on it as "work" and you require a work permit to engage in it. I know that seems silly, but the government has it's own rules and definitions...and they make the laws. And the government says you need a work permit.

Remember...if you have the choice of sinning against God, or breaking a government rule, sin against God first.

Because if you are truely repentant God may forgive you. But the government never will.

:blink:

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Listens for the knock on Balo's door after they track down where he lives . . . ;)