Ivf Where And How Much ?

mickj88

My wife and I are currently residing in the UK with a house in Issarn, We have been trying for a baby for around 5 years now and no luck. About 2 years ago we went to see the doc and got referred to our local hospital, after tests I was given the all clear but the wife was found to have "blocked tubes". She went under the knife and one was opened.This was 8 months ago, since then she has been on fertilzation enhancing drugs but is only allowed these for a period of time which wil end in 2 months.

The hospital has informed us that after this time our only option will be IVF and we would have to pay because I already have a child from a previous marriage. The costs here in the UK are between £6,500 and £7,200 which I am sure would be a lot less in LOS.

Does anyone have any recent experience in this matter ,if so I would be greatfull for your input as my wife is planning on coming back to Thailand for goood in March next year with me following once I have sold up here in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

My wife and I were quoted 100,000 baht in what is reckoned to be a very good clinic in Chiang Mai. This would be for 3 embryos. Chances reckoned at about 30 per cent as my wife is 35 years old. Possibility of a multiple birth with IVF.

My wife and i are a bit worried about the number of injections she would need to have. How did your wife get on with them - OK?

Best of luck.

costs in Thailand should be cheaper but not a whole lot think 200k bt or so. From what i have heard i would stay away from the most famous IVF clinic in BKK wich is Jetanin chitdlom and its offshoot Superior ART. Friends have used the clinic at Q House life centre on corner of sathorn/rama4 (cant remember the name) with good results. It is basicaly a private clinic offshoot from the fertility department of Chula med school across the road. Good luck BTW!

Edited by wordchild

Another option and certainly the least expensive is Chula itself, they have an excellent infertilty department.

Being a government hosp, there will be red tape and waits involved, and English speaking will be limited except by the doctors . But if you have more time than money and at kleast one of is/speaks Thai, it's a good option