Cuban Cigars In Cm?

lukeskywalker

They do have cubans as does the Dhara Dhevi Hotel and there was a small shop near the Gallery Restaurant. Just a note...the duty free shop on the Mae Sai/Tachilek border sells Cubans cheaper than Chiang Mai or Bangkok.

If at the border they are as their cigarettes , I fear they might be fake ....

Mae Sai is fake on the Cubans. I know real ones for sure at Siam-Havana Cigars at Sala Daeng in the lobby of the Dusit Thani Hotel. There is also a place called "A Perfect Evening" that may be on wireless. Both in BKK. I've heard maybe a place near Riverside, but I haven't verified it. In general, cigar prices are high in CM.

even while abroad.

That part surprised me and had to look it up (sorry Jingthing) ;)Cigars About.com

As JFK was signing this into law he just received the last legal order of Cuban Cigars. As he was sign the law into effect he was quoted as saying "I have mine now others can stuff it." This was 1962 BC (Before Clinton).:lol:

even while abroad.

That part surprised me and had to look it up (sorry Jingthing) ;)Cigars About.com

As JFK was signing this into law he just received the last legal order of Cuban Cigars. As he was sign the law into effect he was quoted as saying "I have mine now others can stuff it." This was 1962 BC (Before Clinton).:lol:

JFK would have never imagined that Cuban-USA relations would still be this bad. It's so stupid. The good news is I seriously doubt any American abroad has actually been prosecuted for this.

even while abroad.

JFK would have never imagined that Cuban-USA relations would still be this bad. It's so stupid. The good news is I seriously doubt any American abroad has actually been prosecuted for this.

I have to admit i was unaware of the fine print tell you posted I looked it up. I was surprise that the US could of busted me overseas all these years of smoking CC's. That is when I smoked. Haven't touched anything for over 5 years. Still love the smell.

The best selection of Cuban Cigars is offered at the Chedi Hotel.

Cohiba, Monte Christo, Partagas, Upman and so on are offered there at about Bangkok prices.

If you walk through the entry, ask the staff for cigars and they will point you in the right direction.

Happy smoking/

Edited by Orita

the Lanna Cigar Store which was located next to gallery is closed, but I hear it will re-open soon a bit further along the road , near the Tourism office.. more expensive than Bkk but MUCH cheaper than the Hotels... The prices at Dhara Deviare ridiculous, no choice and 'stale' cigars...

the Lanna Cigar Store which was located next to gallery is closed, but I hear it will re-open soon a bit further along the road , near the Tourism office.. more expensive than Bkk but MUCH cheaper than the Hotels... The prices at Dhara Deviare ridiculous, no choice and 'stale' cigars...

Without intimate knowledge of the city the location is very vague. Can you be more specific with major landmarks?

Wine from Bulgaria and Hungary? Not typical Duty Free fare. There are many different operators of Duty Free Stores. As for the cigars, the Cohibas are most frequently counterfeited. The others you will see the balsa wood box, and the hologram with the 1492 logo etc.. Those are authentic. The ones sold at Pat Pong are complete fakes (not the only thing), but Dusit-Thani is very close by and the real deal. If they will counterfeit Marlboros................

Currently living in a neighborhood with about 15 Cubans. Show us the photos........

Edited by Thighlander

Yes...they sell fake Marlboros...down the stairs in Tachilek! This in not what I'm talking about. If you buy most anything in the lower market in Tachilek it is fake. I'm talking about the duty free shop next to the Burmese Immigration office on the border. The cigarettes are real...the wine is real...the liquor is real....THE CIGARS ARE REAL! How many times have you been there and purchased items? For me is is easily 60 to 80.

Wine from Bulgaria and Hungary? Not typical Duty Free fare. There are many different operators of Duty Free Stores. As for the cigars, the Cohibas are most frequently counterfeited. The others you will see the balsa wood box, and the hologram with the 1492 logo etc.. Those are authentic. The ones sold at Pat Pong are complete fakes (not the only thing), but Dusit-Thani is very close by and the real deal. If they will counterfeit Marlboros................

Currently living in a neighborhood with about 15 Cubans. Show us the photos........

If the duty free shop is government operated and regulated, then fine. If it is an independent operation you could be buying anything. Even Cuban cigars bought in Cuba outside of a controlled store are not as they appear. Although Cuban in origin the beach/street cigars are falsely labeled and could be almost anything, although being Cuban they are still a pretty good cheap cigar. In Mexico cigar counterfeiting is rife. Labels, hologram and excise labels are brought in from Cuba then applied to cheap Mexican cigars.

I brought with me from Canada a nice selection of Dominican and Honduran cigars bought from jrcigar in N. Carolina. All about $6-8, many less. Unfortunately they do not ship outside the USA. If anyone is interested in researching a supplier who will, and what applicable import duties may be then let me know.

I took a look in Chedi Hotel, a very small humidor in the restaurant. Priced for the after dinner enjoyment of their guests, with a brandy or nice single malt. At $25-30 and up for a nice cigar they are out of my league. I have seen around the small flat metal/cardboard boxed cigarillo type in some liquor shops. Double the price around the night market.