Miss Thailand Universe 2010 Catches Heat For Looking Sexy

Buchholz

missthailanduniverse.jpg

Miss Thailand Universe 2010 catches heat for looking sexy

CNN

17 August, 2010

Miss Thailand Universe Fonthip Watcharatrakul is now in Las Vegas for the August 23 Miss Universe pageant. Although the event hasn’t yet taken place, the beauty queen is already facing criticism here in Thailand for the way she’s posing for photos with her fellow contestants.

According to Thai gossip blog, Dirtii-laundry.net, media and netizens here say the photos, which show her lifting her leg up in a revealing red dress, are making her look “outstandingly lavish” and are highly inappropriate.

The beauty queen reportedly took to her Facebook page to defend herself against critics: “What do you want me to do? Do you want me to just wear my sash and walk with it on? Is that a Thai woman?"

Check out blog Dirtii-laundry.net for the controversial shots and her full Facebook comments.

http://www.cnngo.com/bangkok/life/miss-thailand-universe-2010-catches-heat-sexy-poses-261732

===============================================================================================

===============================================================================================

Accompanying article from above:

m454816.jpg454904.jpg

Miss Thailand Universe 2010 Poses Garners Criticisms; Takes Anger Out on Facebook

“Pook Look” garners criticisms for the way she has been posing in pictures more then a beauty queen who has been chosen to represent Thailand for the Miss Universe 2010 pageant. A post on her personal Facebook had garnered more attention when “Pook Look” put, “Feeling annoyed. This is the real me.”

After having packed her bags and heading all the way to the States to compete in the Miss Universe 2010 pageant, “Pook Look” Fonthip Watcharatrakul has been garnered with a lot of criticisms for the way she has been posing in pictures.

Most of the pictures that were posted shows “Pook Look” always lifting her leg up even with her very high slit red dress. In each picture “Pook Look” makes herself outstandingly lavish and in control then her peers that the media and netizens criticized her saying the pictures were more then a beauty queen should be acting.

Because of her poses in her picture and criticisms the beauty queen took to her Facebook to “express” how she feels about the situation.

“Very annoyed!! Some say it’s too much!! What is perfect for you??? This is me. If it’s too much or too little, this is me. I’m not trying to make myself more then my abilities. I’ve been like this since the day I was born! End of that! I want to raise it up! If I could raise it up 180 degrees then I would’ve done it a long time ago. I’ve always been like this!! What do you want me to do? Do you want me to just wear my sash and walk with it on? Is that a Thai woman? Once in your life can you be at peace? What more do you want?? Can you come to realization to why you’re criticizing so much for? You can forget about Thai if you want. I’m tired of it!! Have you ever given me support? That’s it – the end! This is me.”

[source via Entertain Teenee/INN News]

http://dirtii-laundry.net/2010/08/17/miss-thailand-universe-2010-poses-garners-criticisms-takes-anger-out-on-facebook/#more-6580

• Like 1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More pseudo social gibberish from the watchdogs of social morality.

All the OTHER girls were doing the same, she just joined in,

and the pundits are having a slow news day.

We can see 'more' at most any place in Thailand most any day.

She's got nice legs, no point in hiding them, when all around are not doing the same.

When it Rome.

Another non story and non issue. Women are exploited in Thailand from pimps to the ruling elite. They are beaten on TV and thrown into brothels. But if Miss Thailand looks sexy it is an issue. It would have made more sense to make an issue with the Abhisit government for appointing a brothel owner as minister of commerce. A Brothel (Poseidon) which is known for really exploiting children and minorities.<div>CNN and the NAtion do not know better, Thai visa seems to lack knowledge of Thai society too. </div>

Thai visa seems to lack knowledge of Thai society too.

I guess you really did mean what I thought you meant on another thread.

when all internet sites which give decent information have been blocked.

Are you saying this site is indecent? :o

Very Very attractive, but this is still a conservative society. :whistling:

Conservative society ? My a..se

. Ever been at Pat Pong , Pattaya, Soi Bangla in Phuket ? . Hypocrat ic, yes !

She is beautifull and these girls are having fun for one time opportunity in life. Envious ?

She knows she's got it!

She therefore can flaunt it!

Others who have them, also flaunt their lovely breasts!

Why can't this very attractive Miss Thailand flaunt what she got!

You have my vote, Miss Thailand!

A true lady doesn't need to show her body to have success!

Yet this miss Thailand is ready to do "anything" to be the winner but she has nothing to do with Thai tradition.

1) To have success in what? To have success in Miss Universe, a true lady would need to show her body.

2) What has Thai tradition got to do with it? It's Miss Universe, not Miss Last Century.

Yet this miss Thailand is ready to do "anything" to be the winner but she has nothing to do with Thai tradition.

Well ... perhaps that's because the entire event has absolutely nothing to do with Thai tradition ??

You seem to have very different powers of perception to be able to determine that this attractive young lady is ready to "do anything". Absolutely amazing!!" Although I'm not too sure what point you are making with this strange comment.

"A true lady doesn't need to show her body to have success!"

If she wishes to compete in this event ... I think you shall find it is a requirement. :unsure:

1) To have success in what? To have success in Miss Universe, a true lady would need to show her body.

2) What has Thai tradition got to do with it? It's Miss Universe, not Miss Last Century.

Of course the viewer ratings for "Miss Frumpy Cow dressed in Sackcloth" would be stratospheric wouldn't they.

Since when did Miss Universe have anything to do with "being a lady"? Its a beauty contest, and in between, the girls get to say they want "World Peace". People are voting essentially for the prettiest/most beautiful/sexiest woman. It is interesting that in some way, Thailand wants their representative to be "above it all", in which case, they may as well not bother to send her over there at all.

I am amazed they don't dress her up like Mary Poppins in case she offends someone.

She knows she's got it!

She therefore can flaunt it!

Others who have them, also flaunt their lovely breasts!

Why can't this very attractive Miss Thailand flaunt what she got!

For that you have to go to the Miss Hot Inside thread in General Forum.

:blink:

I hardly care how much leg she does or doesn't show. As someone said in their post, there are places in Bangkok which show more skin every day....as I'm sure many people here on TV know quite well. Not to mention mjusic videos on Thai television.

The only criticisim I have is of that first photo...the one where she is wearing the red mini-dress coustume. It makes her thighs look fat, especially the way she is standing. She ought to have more sense than to stand like that. No trained model would do that in a photo-shoot.

:blink: