Internet Performance By Area / Company

macsurf

Hey All,

I noticed on the other recent thread that others living in the Nong Hoi / Train station area are possibly also having problems with

3BB. I just "upgraded" to the 8 Megabit service and it's SLOWER than ever before! Not to mention some sites won't load at all (Yahoo, ESPN etc).

Unexplicably the "speed test" on 3BB's site records exactly 8 Megabit download speed !! :angry:

Thaivisas speedtest? BELOW 1 Megabit (Bkk & Sg servers).

Does anyone living in Nong Hoi / Train station area have a fast & reliable connection and if so which company?

I want to dump 3BB but would like to line up a fast & reliable ( Ideally ) provider first.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I can't help you but I have multiple problems with 3BB ( TT&T) as well I am living 10 km north from Chiangmai direction Doi Saket I am disconnected up to 30+ times daily!!. Asking for help at 1530 they say the router is "dry"! switch it of for one hour and all will be OK of course this did not work as I expected useless help.

So I want to cancel 3BB (TT&T) as well is there anyone ( this area) who has the same problems? I don't think I am the only one>

Any experience with other providers (TOT but has 3BB as well but different cable)??

Please help me out

Max :angry:

Hi Max,

Also here in Saraphee 3BBB is terrible.

If you try to call 1530 ofcourse you cant connect if you call the office behind Carrefour nobody is picking up.

Download is ok, but cant open almost any website.

Test results this moring.

Ping 52ms

Download 2.67MB

Upload 0.10 MB

we pay for 3mb with 1 MB upload.

I pay for the premier package but really believe that there is no differents between Premier and normal.

Could you let me know what package you have and what your results are through Speedtest.net to Amsterdam?

Thanks,

Eric

Sorry I can't help you but I have multiple problems with 3BB ( TT&T) as well I am living 10 km north from Chiangmai direction Doi Saket I am disconnected up to 30+ times daily!!. Asking for help at 1530 they say the router is "dry"! switch it of for one hour and all will be OK of course this did not work as I expected useless help.

So I want to cancel 3BB (TT&T) as well is there anyone ( this area) who has the same problems? I don't think I am the only one>

Any experience with other providers (TOT but has 3BB as well but different cable)??

Please help me out

Max :angry:

Would a wet router work better. ermm.gif

Hi Max,

Also here in Saraphee 3BBB is terrible.

If you try to call 1530 ofcourse you cant connect if you call the office behind Carrefour nobody is picking up.

Download is ok, but cant open almost any website.

Test results this moring.

Ping 52ms

Download 2.67MB

Upload 0.10 MB

we pay for 3mb with 1 MB upload.

I pay for the premier package but really believe that there is no differents between Premier and normal.

Could you let me know what package you have and what your results are through Speedtest.net to Amsterdam?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric

Bangkok:

Ping 54ms

Down 4.91

Up 0.48

Rotterdam:

Ping 55ms.

Down 5.18

Up: 0.21

Here no problems but the cut-off all the time today 17 times already

I have the indy (standard) package started with 3 Mb now 5Mb

Max

Edited by maxisrael

"Its all luck what works for you may not work next door and what works in one part of town will not work in another. Its a crap shoot with ISP in Thailand."

That's kind of why I started this thread, to seek more clarity on that issue. I'm not so sure it's just a random happenstance that a few people in the Nong Hoi area using 3BB have reported problems ( And that people in other parts of town seem to have no issues with their 3BB connection ).

Although I agree, it may be a street to street issue (considering how things are done here..).