Spanish Visa For Thai Citizen

Hi, I plan to go to Spain next month via the UK to celebrate my wedding anniversary. I leave on Monday the 13th September, which means I should really receive my visa back by Friday the 10th at the latest. Problem is, my appontment to hand in the visa application is on 30th August and they say it could take 15 days.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it really takes? Do they really mean 15 days or up to 15 days? I don't want to take the risk and book flights or hotels if it's too close to the knuckle. I'd really appreciate if any one has any knowledge on this to share. Thanks.

I am Thai and have indefinite leave to remain in the UK, and am married to a Brit. We are currently in Thailand.

If they have suggested this amount of time then that is worse case scenario you should not make any travel arrangements until you have a valid visa for travel.

I fear as much. That's a pity. I'll have to spend my tourist euros elsewhere. The list of places Thai citizens can go without a visa outside Asia is fairly depressing, with a few exceptions, such as Brazil and Peru.

In Europe, Prague looks more likely. Apparently a recent change in July means that, as a ILR married to an EU citizen, there is no need for a visa if you can produce a marriage certificate.

Thanks for the reply, all the same. Do you happen to know which embassy(ies) processes a Shengen visa the quickest from Thailand? All my paperwork is in order. It's just the speed that is the problem.

You have to apply in the country of your residence.

I would of thought now you have ILR in the UK you should apply for your Shenagen Visa in the UK.

May be worth a phone call to check you can apply in Thailand.

My Thai wife got her visa in the UK just over 2 weeks. Includng posting passport back to us.

Pongo, are you planning to spend some time in the UK before going to Spain. Be aware that the French and German embassys will issue this visa by return of post, send special delivery on Monday and it will be returned by wednesday. You should not have to pay for it either