Where I Can Remove a Nevus (Laser)

crazyawm

may be possible change nevus to birthmark? may be its better?

I added it to the description now. As mentioned Chiang Mai Ram has a dermatology department. If you use search using "dermatologist" you will find some recommendations of specific doctors. Dr. Siri on Moon Muang has been recommended by several members.

It is impossible to understand what exactly you are talking about.

However, a dermatologist ought to be able to tell if this ought to be BIOPSIED and sent to a pathologist to find out if it is some kind of cancer. That is as opposed to lasering it and destroying the tissue.

Does that make sense to you?

You didn't describe the mark very well. A birthmark you are born with, it is now an effect of the sun.

I had a small spot on my forehead that didn't heal and bled if picked at, looked like a pimple but dry skin on top.

Chiang Mai RAM identified it as a pre-cancerous spot caused by excess sun and removed it then and there with liquid nitrogen

Cost 600bht, no pain, nasty looking for 4 days, completely gone after 10 days. NO scar or discoloured mark, just gone.

Biopsy is a very expensive money machine for western hospitals, if easy to remove, why the need for biopsy, just remove. I can think of no valid reason for a biopsy of a skim blemish .... maybe you know of one?

Biopsy = 10x cost of removal (usually)

I went to CMRAM in the late morning and was immediately given an appointment with the doctor for 2 hours later (sorry the dermatologist can't see you until after lunch, is 13:30 alright?), all treatment was carried out during that appointment.

The lady doctor I saw in ChiangMai RAM spoke very good English with an American accent. She also looked at all spots and skin discolourations on my face, arms, neck and upper body while I was there, and seemed completely confident in describing what needed action and what didn't.

Edited by sarahsbloke

SB I understand your concerns about the money involved.

I was trying to make something clear, which was he needs a qualified professional to take a look at it and who can distinguish between what is likely benign, precancerous, or cancerous. You are right, we really have no idea what it looks like.

Here is the take home lesson though, if it is possibly cancer, then only by doing a BIOPSY can the diagnosis be confirmed and definitive treatment be directed.

Superficial destruction of such a lesion that was actually cancerous could delay treatment and lead to further disfigurement and/or death, particularly in the case of a melanoma.

Speaking as a physician, I would say this principle is fairly basic.

As far as conspiracies, I can't comment. Getting a referral to someone competent and trustworthy would probably be the best way to avoid that type of problem; it looks like he may have one already.

Good luck!

:)

Just go and get it checked out ASAP!!

10 years ago I had a nevi on my back that was a darker colour than normal, it was quite small.

I had it biopsied at Loi Kroh and the result was malignant melanoma, with Breslows thickness of 0.4mm and Clarks level 1.

I immediately had a wide incision carried out at Ram by Dr Seri (the surgeon at Ram).

I have a wide scar on my back, but all follow ups were OK, and 10 years later I'm still here.

Don't frig around with these things. :(

Biopsy is a very expensive money machine for western hospitals, if easy to remove, why the need for biopsy, just remove. I can think of no valid reason for a biopsy of a skim blemish .... maybe you know of one?

Clearly you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about and therefore maybe you should abstain from posting on matters such as possible skin cancer. Maybe stick to the topics about bargirls, drinking, etc. The only way to confirm melanoma is by biopsy. In fact in most countries it would be professional/medical negligence to remove something and not biopsy it. This happened to someone I know who had a mole removed from his armpit. Years later he had cancer in the lymph nodes and they had to cut him open from his neck down to his inner thighs and remove his lymph nodes. He almost died but he came through O.K. and ended up getting 3 million USD from the original doctor's insurance carrier.

Always biopsy anything that is removed.

Clearly you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about and therefore maybe you should abstain from posting on matters such as possible skin cancer. Maybe stick to the topics about bargirls, drinking, etc. The only way to confirm melanoma is by biopsy. In fact in most countries it would be professional/medical negligence to remove something and not biopsy it. This happened to someone I know who had a mole removed from his armpit. Years later he had cancer in the lymph nodes and they had to cut him open from his neck down to his inner thighs and remove his lymph nodes. He almost died but he came through O.K. and ended up getting 3 million USD from the original doctor's insurance carrier.

Thank you for your personal comments about me.

As you are so clearly a qualified medical expert prehaps you could explain to me in terms I could understand why

Having a biopsy and then removing the suspect mark is a different and more important process to just removing the mole/cancer/whatever?

Or are you the sort of person to just do as you are told by someone in perceived authority over you?

Sorry, don't bother, easier to just put you on my ignore list.

Thank you for your personal comments about me.

As you are so clearly a qualified medical expert prehaps you could explain to me in terms I could understand why

Having a biopsy and then removing the suspect mark is a different and more important process to just removing the mole/cancer/whatever?

Or are you the sort of person to just do as you are told by someone in perceived authority over you?

Sorry, don't bother, easier to just put you on my ignore list.

I'm not getting involved in your differencies of opinion, but all I can say is I'm REALLY glad I had a biopsy (as outlined in comment 11) :)