Switching From 1 Year Non Immigrant O Visa To Oa Spouse Visa

A few questions regarding the 1-year-extension:

- is it necessary to bring the wife or child to Immigration?

- if I apply for the extension around, let's say, March 2011 can we go on a holiday to my home country the next month, while the extension is under consideration? Provided I have a re-entry of course.

- Can immigration give the extension at the same day of application?

Your Wife will be interviewed and sign an Affidavit.

Probably with a Re Entry Permit.

No . A 30 day wait.

• 1 month later...

Regarding the drivers license I posted a question and the replies I received to day were that you can get a Thai drivers license.

Immigration needs to give you a certificate of residence. Take the wife and her Tambien Baan, your passport and a copy and for a few hundred bhat you will get what you need to get a Thai license. She can say that you live with her in the house.

Coming back to my old topic :)

Just done it at the DLT in Sukhumvit 99. If you have yourself a yellow Tambien Baan, you don't need a certificate or residence from Immi. 205 THB for one year (including 100 THB for the digital picture they take so to print you straight away the license).

So if when obtaining a one year extension you purchase a multi - re-entry permit for 3900 baht instead of a single re-entry permit for 1000 baht how many times can you exit and re-enter Thailand on the same 1 year extension as many times as you choose ?