Honda Airblade Still For Sale In Pattaya ?

Michigan

Hi,

I am wondering if anybody knows if Honda Airblades are still being sold in Pattaya ?

A dealer here in Udon Thani told me he cannot get them anymore, because "they" are buying them all up for export to Vietnam.

He mentioned he could only buy them at a premium and they would be close in price to the Honda PCX

The list price for the airblade is 56.000 bt

The list price for the PCX is 71000 bt.

I am going to buy a bike when I come back to Pattaya in a few days and would like to get an airblade, but I have heard some good things about the Yahama LC 135 so that could be a good second choice if the airblades are no longer available ?

Michigan (no more)

25kbht to 32kbht secondhand

I've bought 2 (one was 24k and the other was 29k) about 3 years old, both work perfectly after spending 1k on getting small items fixed (tyre + service + whatever).

Why buy new?

Nothing all that expensive can go wrong with these bikes, and the oldest can only be 3 years old.

I've bought 2 (one was 24k and the other was 29k) about 3 years old, both work perfectly after spending 1k on getting small items fixed (tyre + service + whatever).

Why buy new?

Nothing all that expensive can go wrong with these bikes, and the oldest can only be 3 years old.

Exactly,but if its that red plate your after.Think the 135 Yamaha Elegence is the better standard motor bike,better suspension (has 2 suspension springs) common as muck ,so spares are cheap

Why buy new?

Exactly,but if its that red plate your after.Think the 135 Yamaha Elegence is the better standard motor bike,better suspension (has 2 suspension springs) common as muck ,so spares are cheap

in my 'stable' and bought all from new over 7 years (and never sold), i currently have a yamaha nouvo mark 1, a honda airblade, a yamaha nouvo elegance and a brand new suzuki hiyate S

the suzuki is the best by far and cost less than 50,000 with everything from Mityon less than a month ago

Surely as much springs as the springs on the Yamaha. What a weird discussion.

I'll say it's weird,did I ever mention the Elegance is the only bike with two suspension springs?,cannot see it anywhere in my previous post. Anyway you only get what you pay for and although I cannot comment on the Suzuki the Yamaha Elegance is just about the only bike I have seen not to have any modified rear suspension added,looked at quite a few airblades and others with all sorts of added features to improve things,air chambers and so on. Was like riding a horse at times on an Airblade, sit up in the stirrups when a hole appeared to avoid a broken back.

The small wheels usually on a step through are a problem, after a while forever changing the bearings,but the step through sure is handy,especially when you have paid a visit to Makro,and as of the direct drive,they are fine until getting to a steep hill,(obv not in Pattaya) Liked to get the TGF pushing me and the bike up those steep hills around Krabi,the smell of burning rubber ,not the tyres,and then taking it back to the renting place with clutch burn out, keeping a straight face,good for chain and sprocket those hilly places.

Surely as much springs as the springs on the Yamaha. What a weird discussion.

I'll say it's weird,did I ever mention the Elegance is the only bike with two suspension springs?,cannot see it anywhere in my previous post. Anyway you only get what you pay for and although I cannot comment on the Suzuki the Yamaha Elegance is just about the only bike I have seen not to have any modified rear suspension added,looked at quite a few airblades and others with all sorts of added features to improve things,air chambers and so on. Was like riding a horse at times on an Airblade, sit up in the stirrups when a hole appeared to avoid a broken back.

The small wheels usually on a step through are a problem, after a while forever changing the bearings,but the step through sure is handy,especially when you have paid a visit to Makro,and as of the direct drive,they are fine until getting to a steep hill,(obv not in Pattaya) Liked to get the TGF pushing me and the bike up those steep hills around Krabi,the smell of burning rubber ,not the tyres,and then taking it back to the renting place with clutch burn out, keeping a straight face,good for chain and sprocket those hilly places.

AirBlade has neither chain nor sprocket, as far as I know

Elegance is too big for most Thais and hence hard to sell on (and the ladies consider it ugly).

in my 'stable' and bought all from new over 7 years (and never sold), i currently have a yamaha nouvo mark 1, a honda airblade, a yamaha nouvo elegance and a brand new suzuki hiyate S

the suzuki is the best by far and cost less than 50,000 with everything from Mityon less than a month ago

Thanks for all the information everybody, my question about the airblade unfortunately was never answered.

But I just got back to Pattaya so I can see for my self

The suzuki was never on my list, but will check it out; can you explain why the suzuki is the best by far ? (I am 6ft 2" and need some room).

I don't understand the confusion about the two back springs, honda and yahama both have them, if they're both good I can't say.....

Your right,but it sure makes those Thai women look even better when they have to reach out for the controls. The Elegance sells for a premium price I've found at the auctions though

Completely off topic

A friend of mine knows a lady who can allegedly obtain "Elegence" less than a month old for 30k in Pattaya.

She supposedly shags the sales manager and in return he lets her have the bikes sold back to the shop for cash, by ladies once their sponsor leaves the country, after having bought them a new bike.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Thanks for all the information everybody, my question about the airblade unfortunately was never answered.

The suzuki was never on my list, but will check it out; can you explain why the suzuki is the best by far ? (I am 6ft 2" and need some room).

I don't understand the confusion about the two back springs, honda and yahama both have them, if they're both good I can't say.....

in my opinion, the suzuki picks up speed better for traffic light grand prix and feels more torquey

as a consequence its more economical as you do not have to wind the throttle fully open to get any pace going

it seems to be surer footed around bends than the others

suspension gives a more comfortable ride

better brakes but its new of course

lower step through so you do not drag your feet across the paint every time you board and its less effort to get mounted

spoked alloy wheels as standard

front disc brake as standard

storage pods in fairing, bag hook and big under seat storage

the petrol filler is under the seat not like the airblade which is under filler flap on the side of the engine bay

big chunky easily operable whilst on the move switches

lights are better at night but again its new

longer mirror stems and bigger mirrors to see around my fat little body

big wide comfy seat for my big toot

there are no rattles and and bangs over bumpy roads

finally , its just feels better quality overall

i hope that helps

in my opinion, the suzuki picks up speed better for traffic light grand prix and feels more torquey

as a consequence its more economical as you do not have to wind the throttle fully open to get any pace going

it seems to be surer footed around bends than the others

suspension gives a more comfortable ride

better brakes but its new of course

lower step through so you do not drag your feet across the paint every time you board and its less effort to get mounted

spoked alloy wheels as standard

front disc brake as standard

storage pods in fairing, bag hook and big under seat storage

the petrol filler is under the seat not like the airblade which is under filler flap on the side of the engine bay

big chunky easily operable whilst on the move switches

lights are better at night but again its new

longer mirror stems and bigger mirrors to see around my fat little body

big wide comfy seat for my big toot

there are no rattles and and bangs over bumpy roads

finally , its just feels better quality overall

i hope that helps

Thank you very much for the review, I just seen a few of them at the rental shop.

If you own all those bikes but like the suzuki the most that counts for something.

Bigger mirrors I like, but I would miss the petrol filler on the airblade, which I think is good idea; no gas spill on your stored items inside.

I think I am going to rent both the suzuki and the yamaha for 1 week each and see which one I like the best......!

Your right,but it sure makes those Thai women look even better when they have to reach out for the controls. The Elegance sells for a premium price I've found at the auctions though

Completely off topic

A friend of mine knows a lady who can allegedly obtain "Elegence" less than a month old for 30k in Pattaya.

She supposedly shags the sales manager and in return he lets her have the bikes sold back to the shop for cash, by ladies once their sponsor leaves the country, after having bought them a new bike.

Christ,he can shag me too if I can get an Elegance for 30 K

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting bit from the first poster about the airblades exporting to vietnam. I do notice alot of blogs and fan pages for the airblade in Vietnamese when searched on google.

It all makes sense as I have noticed airblade prices to be above MSRP. On Samui, the Honda dealer at Maenam had no airblade i in the showroom and when I asked, they said they can bring one in next month for 65000baht. Another independent dealer near Nathon quoted 63000 and again had no airblades on site. The Honda dealer in Nathon brought 3 airblade i in recently (b.o. edition, golden and red), didn't get a chance to ask the price though.

The Airblade is a fine bike. I think you'll have a hard time to find a new one now. Just ask Mityon.

I own a PCX now. Another class, but I understand that it is a bit on the high side price wise. The Nuobo Elegance would match an Airblade, but but not the PCX!

Cheers

The Airblade is a fine bike. I think you'll have a hard time to find a new one now. Just ask Mityon.

I own a PCX now. Another class, but I understand that it is a bit on the high side price wise. The Nuobo Elegance would match an Airblade, but but not the PCX!

Cheers

I rented the Nuovo Elegance for a week and didn't like it, on top of it, it failed after 3 days and I got an airblade as a repacement; like it much better.

I can buy an PCX for 69000 over here, an airblade would cost you about the same if you can get one !.

Will have to rent the PCX for a week and see how it drives.

Cheers

The Airblade and PCX are in a different category. The PCX is an attempt to bridge the gap between small scooter and maxi scooter, but unfortunately they forgot to include a bigger engine. You can't compare them directly, but I much prefer the Airblade.

Cheers

The Airblade and PCX are in a different category. The PCX is an attempt to bridge the gap between small scooter and maxi scooter, but unfortunately they forgot to include a bigger engine. You can't compare them directly, but I much prefer the Airblade.

You won't need a bigger engine in the City. Did you observe the trend to smaller (less cc) engines anyway? Volkswagen squeezes out more than 160 HHP out of a 1,400 cc engine (with a turbo however). My PCX has excellent fuel mileage. Much better than any bike I owned before!