Dubious Car Selling Company - Avoid!

beppi

There is an ad on this site's classified section:

TO SELL YOUR USED OR NEW CARS CONTACT US. ANY BRAND, ANY MAKE, ANY MODEL. WE WILL HELP IN SELLING YOUR CAR. OUR OFFICE IS IN NEAR NANA, BANGKOK. OUR FEE IS 15,000 BATH PER MONTH FOR MARKETING OF ONE CAR.

I contacted them to ask about the approximate value of my car and also why their fee is noted "per month" as it should be per sale.Their reply:

First pay our payment than contact us. Tell us how you want to pay 15000? We do not like to give our marketing services free. We will help to sell your car if you pay otherwise no. Do you get burger free?

Edited by sbk
email removed

I think an approximate value may have been a more measured response, but I guess the way they see it, they give you a value on your car and you go ask the dealers for that price, you've used their expertise at no cost to you or profit to them.

If someone offers "marketing" services to sell a car on my behalf, and wants to charge a monthly fee (rather than the accepted Thai standard of a straight commission), then won't give me a ballpark figure on it's value or any other information, I wouldn't go near them.

OP: If you're looking for a quick sale, go get yourself a 100 Baht valuation certificate from Redbook Thailand then use it to negotiate a fair price with dealers yourself. If you want to get top dollar and are prepared to wait, there's only a handful of websites you'll need to post it on to get good exposure (One2car, TaladRod and perhaps TV).

Tanachart has a bluebook version online:

http://www.thanachartbluebook.com/search.asp

It`s free.

15000 a month is ridiculous, I doubt that this is a Thai. Only a Farang can be that dumb and assume other people to fall for it :D

Thai scammer would politely answer your question and offers you a fair commission for the deal before he drives your car to the Cambodian border :D

What motivation has an agent to sale the car if he gets paid by month? :annoyed: Once the car is sold the cash cow is dead.

Tanachart has a bluebook version online:

http://www.thanachar....com/search.asp

It`s free.

Note that the above link gives a generic insurance value, not a used car valuation based on mileage, condition and options fitted. Still useful as a ballpark, but not as specific or in-depth as the Redbook valuations.

What motivation has an agent to sale the car if he gets paid by month? :annoyed: Once the car is sold the cash cow is dead.

Precisely!

anyone who thinks they can run a business like that...can't run a business.

Furthermore one has to question the service they are offering anyway..................advertising your car is usually free or next to nothing, what are they going to do that will be worth15k???