Tourist Visa - Singapore

What is the turn around time for a single entry tourist visa in Singapore?

Is it a case of submitting your passport and paperwork one day and picking it up the next?

I've heard some horror stories about Singapore, so just wanted to check.

Cheers :jap:

:blink:

I haven't used Singapore for many years....but yes it's the same. Turn in your passport in the morning of the first day. Return the next afternoon to pick up visa. Arrive a little early and be close to the first in line. From what I remember you shouldn't have any problem with a single tourist visa. If you already have some tourist visas in your passport, they may ask questions about how you make your living in Thailand...Do you have a job there? No problem if you can honestly say you have the funds to live on, and you are a real tourist. Tip: how you dress when you apply for a visa in Singapore does make a difference. Dress well, but don't go overboard. Like they say: Dress to impress. Other than that, from what I remember, it's just another Thai consulate. No matter what happens, never lose your cool. It will just make things worse if you try to argue with them. but I don't think you will have any problems unless you have a number of tourists visas already in your passport. If you do have a problem, just casually happen to have your Thai bank account book with you. That always impresses them. Assuming you can show the funds to live on in Thailand, that is.

:o

• Like 1

Turnaround should be exactly as IMA_FARANG mentions.

However I've seen some comments lately about needing an onward ticket out of Thailand at the expiry of the tourist visa.

Something you might need to look into before heading down there.

It is easy, simple and fast, however you may need an onward airline ticket, and/or giving evidence to your financial status. The last time I applied in Singapore was on April this year, and the they asked for an airline ticket, which I did not have, but instead of turning me down they just asked me to show ten thousand Baht in cash.

Dress nicely, speak softly, smile and hope for the best. The passport picking up is always the same every where, next day.

• Like 1