Diabetic Foods In Pattaya

immortalinthailand

I'm a newly diagnosed diabetic in Pattaya that does not cook at home.

Can anyone give me some places to buy diabetic ready made foods? If not ready made some easy things to put together at home? Where do you go to get something sweet or baked goods and breads that are ok for diabetics here in Pattaya??

Thanks for all the suggestions!

As an experienced diabetic I can tell you that you don't have to eat diabetic food (whatever that is). Without sugar means only: more calories. Don't eat too much bread, rice and pasta and when you do, eat brown. I'm sure your doctor gave you pills to control the glucose level in your blood. Check that every 3 or 4 months in the hospital. Don't drink soft drinks with sugar, because that is the evil in most cases. And not too much beer either. So lots of vegetables, a bit of fruit and lean meat will keep you out of trouble. If you want more information, don't hesitate to ask.

In Villa Market (Bangkok at least) they have two types of bread that claim not to raise your blood glucose levels too much. I've purchased some and, though it doesn't taste as good as other 'normal' grain breads, it's not too bad. I haven't gotten around to testing my glucose levels after eating it but hopefully it's not just a blatant lie!

I trust you've bought yourself a blood testing device to keep track of what sends your levels high! (most things do for me). Good advice from Hans above about what to avoid (which, again, is most things). If you can't avoid it then try to eat as little of it as you can to satisfy your urge.

A couple of glasses of red wine in the evening can help the waking reading being a bit lower.

Not sure where you're from but there are many useful forums around that others with diabetes discuss things in great details and they're willing to lend an ear to a newbie! Try: http://www.diabetesforums.com/

Good luck and try not to get freaked out at the prospect of living with diabetes. The diet you are forced to follow can be quite healthy.

In Villa Market (Bangkok at least) they have two types of bread that claim not to raise your blood glucose levels too much. I've purchased some and, though it doesn't taste as good as other 'normal' grain breads, it's not too bad. I haven't gotten around to testing my glucose levels after eating it but hopefully it's not just a blatant lie!

I trust you've bought yourself a blood testing device to keep track of what sends your levels high! (most things do for me). Good advice from Hans above about what to avoid (which, again, is most things). If you can't avoid it then try to eat as little of it as you can to satisfy your urge.

A couple of glasses of red wine in the evening can help the waking reading being a bit lower.

Not sure where you're from but there are many useful forums around that others with diabetes discuss things in great details and they're willing to lend an ear to a newbie! Try: http://www.diabetesforums.com/

Good luck and try not to get freaked out at the prospect of living with diabetes. The diet you are forced to follow can be quite healthy.

thanks for the link Mick

i just joined that forum

looks pretty good