Warranty For Air Conditioner

In Feb I bought an air conditioner. It is a Panasonic. It has stopped making cool air.

When I called Panasonic service in Thailand they said I might have to pay for the freon. It is only 6 months old.

They also said I will have to pay for gas.

I can't read the warranty card. Can someone please read the card and tell me my options?

Thank you

guarantee0001.PDF

Hi Richard,

Although I have not read your warranty card, I assume the following:

Your air-conditioning unit manufactered by Panasonic will have a one year full warranty. Which in all likelyhood means that the unit is guaranteed against faults and faulty components.

What is unlikely to be included is the installation. If this was done by anybody other than Panasonic the warranty will not cover this installation.

What is likely to have happened is that the joints in the pipework or perhaps the "dryer" as they call it may have leaked gas at a very slow rate. This explains why after 6 months you do not get any cold air anymore.

I just had the same done to one of my units...............same problem as described above. they fixed the leaks (they found two) and recharged the system with coolant. total charge 800 baht.

Freon, gas, coolant, refridgerant are the commonly used names, but all mean the same thing.

If you can get redress from Panasonic that would be good, but be prepared to have to pay out for Gas.

Good luck,

FRM-UK