Wasted Email

I get about 5 or 6 emails a day from friends. About 1 a week is worth reading. In that it tells me something I'm interested in, like what's been happening in their lives.

The rest are jokes that I rolled my eyes at 5 years ago, racists rants, crap that's supposed to inspire me or lame Youtube clips I never watch.

I need to tell people I resent the hel_l out of the time I waste deleting this rubbish.

It's the biggest waste of brilliant new technology since the soap opera was invented.

If we all thought like you, wouldn't life be boring. :ermm:

If we all thought like anyone, life would be boring. Its the differences that make it interesting.

The great thing, if we all thought like Mr Dangerous, is that we wouldn't notice!

SC

Actually, I agree with you, Davies. I get fed up with emails from people who have put no thought whatsoever into their message; it was particularly frustrating when I had a dial-up connection and a very limited mail box size; plenty for the longest text message, but not much for an irrelevant video that did not appeal to my sense of humour.

How about just asking your friends not to send unimportant mail. If that doesn't work, simply mark their emails as spam.

Exactly what I do.

I normally let my friends know one time that I do not want these jokes, or links, or the annoying "send this to 10 other people" mails.

If they continue, they end up in the spam.

When they ask me at a later stage why I didnt reply to an important mail, I just tell them their mails go in the Spam folder, as I told them previously I would do.

It reminds me about a long time ago, when I just had switched from Dial up to ISDN line.

I guess this was the broad band of those days.

One friend kept sending me these jokes, after many warnings.

I sent him a reply, attaching a lot of smaller videos I down loaded online.

This was before too many free e-mails servers were around.

After 5 hours, and the mail was still not loaded on his PC (mail program), he had to call the telephone company (the provider), to cancel that mail.

I asked him the day after if he received a mail with attachments.

Which of course he confirmed.

Point taken, I asked?

Point taken he replied.

We are still very good friends.