Us Ex-soldier Jumps From His Sth Pattaya Apartment

Pattaya_Fox

Police Lieutenant Colonel Egadit from Dongtan Police sub-station was called to Angate Apartments in Soi Boonganganaram Temple in South Pattaya to investigate the apparent suicide of a foreign man. At the scene, police inspected the body of Mr. Craig Byron Biggs aged 60 from America. This former US Soldier had been living with his Thai girlfriend at this location for the last two years. She works as a market vendor and was out at the time of the incident. Police located the man`s room which was locked from the inside. They forced entry and found nothing in the room which aroused suspicion. Further information from his girlfriend revealed that the man was a chain smoker and enjoyed time alone which may suggest that he was suffering from some form of depression. For now Police are unsure of the exact cause of the apparent suicide and are awaiting the results of a post mortem examination before they proceed with the case. The American Embassy in Bangkok has been informed of the incident.

Pattaya City News

Tuesday 12th July 2005.

Average life expectancy for white male in the US is 78.

60 years is now the new life expectancy for an ex-pat living in Pattaya, especially if your girlfriend gets tired of your chain smoking.

chain smoker and enjoyed time alone which may suggest that he was suffering from some form of depression

I like time alone but i'm as happy as a pig in poo.

Me too...time alone is bliss!

The poor old bugger!

For me I'm easy - time alone or time where the missus keeps her mouth shut. The latter is rare.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Egadit from Dongtan Police sub-station was called to Angate Apartments in Soi Boonganganaram Temple in South Pattaya to investigate the apparent suicide of a foreign man.  At the scene, police inspected the body of Mr. Craig Byron Biggs aged 60 from America.  This former US Soldier had been living with his Thai girlfriend at this location for the last two years.  She works as a market vendor and was out at the time of the incident.  Police located the man`s room which was locked from the inside.  They forced entry and found nothing in the room which aroused suspicion.  Further information from his girlfriend revealed that the man was a chain smoker and enjoyed time alone which may suggest that he was suffering from some form of depression.  For now Police are unsure of the exact cause of the apparent suicide and are awaiting the results of a post mortem examination before they proceed with the case.  The American Embassy in Bangkok has been informed of the incident.

Pattaya City News

Tuesday 12th July 2005.

It was Anget Condo in Soi Wat Boon, Jomtien. Apparently the guy was a Viet vet that had severe mental problems.

He believed that Vietnamese soldiers were coming to get him. He slept every night fully clothed, boots and all, in case he needed to make an escape.

Pity that he didn't get the help that he obviously needed.

Hopefully now he can RIP.

Edited by TizMe

I've lived in Europe, the US and other Asian countries and find it rather strange that men (especially foreigners) pick jumping off tall buildings as  away to end their lives.

No good picking low buildings!!! :o

O I dont know... :D

Maybe its time for a new law in Pattaya only allowing foreigners to buy or rent ground floor condos.

Short term lease agreements with say 6 months up front. :D