The Word Fuck

george

According to the forum rules, posters agree

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane

According to the rules about Netiquette

"10. General Forum is for Thailand related topics not covered in other forums."

The Op has been a member long enough to know better.

Where are the moderators when you need them?

LOL Newbie! The OP is the founder and owner of this very message board, so which mod do you think would moderate him?

Like you, and unlike most people in this thread, I am offended by this word too. But like you, I will continue to be a subscriber to ThaiVisa, because this is a highly unusual thread and you won't find this word anywhere else on the forum. Rest assured, it is an exception.

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Newbie! The OP is the founder and owner of this very message board, so which mod do you think would moderate him?

Like you, and unlike most people in this thread, I am offended by this word too. But like you, I will continue to be a subscriber to ThaiVisa, because this is a highly unusual thread and you won't find this word anywhere else on the forum. Rest assured, it is an exception.

He should set a better example. Do as I say, not as I do?

Maybe this should be moved to the 'jokes' forum.

I found it funny to swear when I was about 7 (only because somebody told me it was 'rude) but I did grow out of it by about 9 . Some people still find it amusing it seems. it doesn't bother me but it's either allowed or not.

Maybe a Mod can clarify for us.

Given all the stories you read here....

This song could be sung in LOS I guess :D

LOL, I heard this song being played in a Swensons in Ubon, I was so shocked I sang along. The Mia said "shhhh its impolite". <deleted>!!!!!

Edited by waza

Given all the stories you read here....

This song could be sung in LOS I guess :D

LOL, I heard this song being played in a Swensons in Ubon, I was so shocked I sang along. The Mia said "shhhh its impolite". <deleted>!!!!!

I heard it inTaweekit department store in Buriram.

I had to smile, I could hardly think of a more inappropriate place.

I absolutely Fking loved it biggrin.gif

Are there really this many people over the age of 9 that still think swearing is funny because it's rude?

If you're going to write about schoolboy humour then Billy Connolly certainly deserves a mention. He is a 'comedian' who made fame and fortune by being rude and offensive, telling schoolboy jokes. Unfortunately, like a lot of these guys, he made the mistake of letting his ego take over from his schoolboy brain.

In 2004 he made a 'joke' about a british hostage, Ken Bigley, who had been in the news a lot. He said "Don't you just wish they would get on with it". A few days later they did.

Hilarious.

BTW - Is this "Thailand related"?

Edited by tabs053

I absolutely Fking loved it biggrin.gif

Are there really this many people over the age of 9 that still think swearing is funny because it's rude?

If you're going to write about schoolboy humour then Billy Connolly certainly deserves a mention. He is a 'comedian' who made fame and fortune by being rude and offensive, telling schoolboy jokes. Unfortunately, like a lot of these guys, he made the mistake of letting his ego take over from his schoolboy brain.

In 2004 he made a 'joke' about a british hostage, Ken Bigley, who had been in the news a lot. He said "Don't you just wish they would get on with it". A few days later they did.

Hilarious.

BTW - Is this "Thailand related"?

I Yawn at thee!

Edited by Moonrakers

And, for one, I am glad that it is moderated the way it is. Anything less and it all goes to hel_l... which is another moderated word. Kind of funny one at that. George can run the forum any way he feels is within reason. This topic is unusual but interesting, and by George starting it the topic it has been kept under strict control. .

I am not making any comment on forum rules or the dreaded "MOD" word, but George, please explain why did you make this post?

• 2 weeks later...

Move to Phuket forum, perhaps?

Funnily enough, the first time I was travelling in Thailand in '71, the main reason I went to Phuket was that I saw it on the map and thought "Oh wow, I have just got to go to an island called fukit, so I can say I've been there!". :lol:

Well, I was quite young then....:whistling:

Thought the video would have been better if they hadn't made so many spelling mistakes. Am I being a pedant?:unsure:

Edited by nisakiman

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about the Thai fruit of the same word.

Aww Phuket

And talking of Thai fruit, I always used to wonder (until I was told where the word really came from) why they referred to us as guavas! :unsure:

Funny old thing, language...