Lancer Ex Gt - The Most Annoying Bleeping And Seat Belt Warning Ever!

media

I purchased a new mitsubishi Lancer EX GT 8 months ago.

I have several issues with it, the main one is the Bleeping tones.

Firstly as soon as you put the key in a turn, it starts Bleeping warnings really LOUD 5 times " bing bing bing bing bing!!!! totally unnecessary why the hel_l would you need your car to start these horrible loud waring tones just because you put the Key in the ignition!!?? I hope that Mitsubishi are reading this, Why cant i put the key in and turn it in quiet comfort and just listen to my engine starting and purring?? this is impossible with this car all you can hear when you turn the key are totally unnecessary LOUD annoying bleeping warnings!

And guess what? it doesn't stop there! as soon as the first bleating's stop MORE bleating starts telling you to put your seat belt on! and im not talking 1 or 2 smooth soft warning bleeps, yes you've guessed it 5 LOUD annoying piercing horrible tones ruining your driving pleasure and ruining the pleasure of sitting in your nice new car, if you dont put on your belt immediately the bleeps pause for less than 2 seconds and go again, and again, and again they Never stop!

Before you start saying "why not just put your belt on then??" I dont know about you but I put my belt on After i have reversed the car out and am seating comfortable going forward a bit.. its hard to turn your body to look out the back window when you are belted in tight, most people unfasten their belt to reverse?

Ok, so now you've driven to the shops, your wifes going to jump out and run in the shop while you stay in the car,, you put it in Park, and unfasten your belt! yes you've guessed it! more loud bleeps that take 2 mins to stop even when the car is in PARK !!!

I thought that these big brain Japanese people had all the computer stuff squared away!?? NO they havent the car is about as smart as a toaster!

When reversing a car you need quiet and calm right?? you need a comfortable seating postion to look out the back window, without a seat belt impairing your body to turn around.. so you unfasten your belt, to reverse in comfort... NO chance mate,

as soon as the belt is unfastened more LOUD annoying in your ear BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPS that dont stop even while your reversing! by this time a female driver will probably be so stressed she will crash the car in to something

I asked at 2 Mitsu dealers can it be turned down, or off, or re program to reduce when it bleats ? NO it can not be done.

I hate this car. its just so annoying. its hard to enjoy driving the car because of all the bleeping. you cant even listen to the engine start up even if you do have the seat belt ON before you start the engine!

I will never ever buy another Mitsubishi.

• Like 1

I asked at 2 Mitsu dealers can it be turned down, or off, or re program to reduce when it bleats ? NO it can not be done.

I find it almost impossible to beleive that it can't be programmed out - this kind of stuff is almost always tweakable using the appropriate OBD-II programmer.. I'd say the people you've asked just don't know (which is something a Thai will rarely admit).

I'd suggest an email to Mitsubishi Thailand: customer.plus[at]th.mitsubishi-motors.com

I find it almost impossible to beleive that it can't be programmed out - this kind of stuff is almost always tweakable using the appropriate OBD-II programmer.. I'd say the people you've asked just don't know (which is something a Thai will rarely admit).

I'd suggest an email to Mitsubishi Thailand: customer.plus[at]th.mitsubishi-motors.com

if it actuall cant be programmed out, just rip the BEEP out or disco wire to BEEP

Euro NCAP introduced score for rear seatbelt warning a few years back, but I believe light is sufficient to score, no BEEP needed:D

Edit Reminds me of Mazda RX7 in 1979. Wankel loved revs, but there was a frea-ing BEEP whenever over reved. Or more like plingeplingeling. Why not injection or ignition protection for over rev like every other car

Edited by katabeachbum

Didn't you notice this when you took it for a test drive?

Shipwreck! You are right! why the hel_l didnt i notice it on the test drive? I guess I was so excited to get the car that I failed to think about it. I was distracted by the new smell and the leather seats and jazzy looks.

Obviously now It will be the FIRST thing that i check if im looking at new cars..! My friend says that his BMW is annoying also but i doubt on the scale of this one.

Yesterday I did find out 1 thing. If i put the seat belt on when i get in the car, BEFORE doing anything else like put the key in the slot I can avoid the start up bleeps!

Right now I will do anything to avoid the bleeps which by the way are Double bleeps (you get 5 bursts of double bleeps each set) ding ding, ding ding, ding ding, ding ding, ding ding! and so on...

Maybe I will attach a video on here to show how LOUD they are, they are shockingly loud and piercing.

Im going to do what the other guy said Write to Mitsubishi Motors about it. but i dont expect even a reply from them!

I might have to get someone to find the bleep speaker under the dash and put a sock in it!

Didn't you notice this when you took it for a test drive?

Shipwreck! You are right! why the hel_l didnt i notice it on the test drive? I guess I was so excited to get the car that I failed to think about it. I was distracted by the new smell and the leather seats and jazzy looks.

Obviously now It will be the FIRST thing that i check if im looking at new cars..! My friend says that his BMW is annoying also but i doubt on the scale of this one.

Yesterday I did find out 1 thing. If i put the seat belt on when i get in the car, BEFORE doing anything else like put the key in the slot I can avoid the start up bleeps!

Right now I will do anything to avoid the bleeps which by the way are Double bleeps (you get 5 bursts of double bleeps each set) ding ding, ding ding, ding ding, ding ding, ding ding! and so on...

Maybe I will attach a video on here to show how LOUD they are, they are shockingly loud and piercing.

Im going to do what the other guy said Write to Mitsubishi Motors about it. but i dont expect even a reply from them!

I might have to get someone to find the bleep speaker under the dash and put a sock in it!

Media, keep the seatbelt constantly fastened and just sit on it when not wanting to use, not ideal but better than beep beep beep me thinks ;)

I just googled this and read that on the mitsu you can't just pull the fuse to the chime doolacky without effecting other things (ie: on some models it might prevent the airbag deploying) NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Where theres a will theres a way.

Edited by neverdie

• 1 year later...

Having a GT myselfe I agree its one annoying point, however try driving a Vios......should be called Toyota Bleep....put in reverse and the thing bleeps, not a sensor, just a bleep to let you know you are reversing...absolute crap