Ryder Cup

gisjames

• 4 weeks later...

Premiere, True's monthly magazine for September, has an ad on page 48 saying the Ryder Cup will be on channel's A-38, D-104 and TrueSport HD from 1-3 October.

Live and exclusive, they claim.

Hi ChuckD,

Am not familiar with True's channels but are A-38 and D-104 regular True Sport channels (in English) or will you need to have HD to watch the Ryder Cup? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Emubob

Premiere, True's monthly magazine for September, has an ad on page 48 saying the Ryder Cup will be on channel's A-38, D-104 and TrueSport HD from 1-3 October.

Live and exclusive, they claim.

Hi ChuckD,

Am not familiar with True's channels but are A-38 and D-104 regular True Sport channels (in English) or will you need to have HD to watch the Ryder Cup? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Emubob

Yes, you will need either the Gold or Platinum package to receive 104. The commentary will be in Thai but you can change the language to English with the remote control for the receiver.

I am a Yank but I won't be surprised with an EU victory.

Channel 158 will have it also. It's the Golf Channel and is in English. You need to pay extra for this channel (although I have it this month on a 1 month free trial basis).

Hi Mark!

Is that the same Golf Channel that is available on Cable TV? I have this channel at home and it is great for the European Tour coverage, especially as a good mate of mine plays on this tour. However, I know they didn't have coverage of 'The Open' at St. Andrews so maybe they cannot show the Ryder Cup either.

Thanks to all who have responded. It's shaping up for a great contest and I think it will be very tight. Just hoping to find a place where I can settle down for three days and watch it with English commentary and uninterrupted!

Cheers,

Emubob

Channel 158 will have it also. It's the Golf Channel and is in English. You need to pay extra for this channel (although I have it this month on a 1 month free trial basis).

I just paid my gold package last week and was told by the True office in Loei that the Golf Channel is now free for all gold and platinum packages.

I guess we will find out the first of October if they cut it off on us.

I do not believe they will televise the matches however. They will have quite a few shows on it but I think 104 will be the only one televising the event.

We'll find out in a few days.

I just paid my gold package last week and was told by the True office in Loei that the Golf Channel is now free for all gold and platinum packages.

I guess we will find out the first of October if they cut it off on us.

I do not believe they will televise the matches however. They will have quite a few shows on it but I think 104 will be the only one televising the event.

We'll find out in a few days.

Hi all!

Was just wondering whether any of you got any coverage of the Vivendi Cup (European Tour event) last night on your Golf Channel on True Vision? There was no coverage on the Golf Channel on normal Thai Cable which was a pity as my mate shot -5 for the first round. Still 6 off the lead!! Not sure if they are identical channels or not. If anyone could let me know it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Emubob

:w00t:

Thanks for sharing this! Any clue as of which channel?

The Golf Channel is on 158.

Emubob:

I noticed the Vivendi Cup on the Golf Channel yesterday and again, earlier this morning, on replay. I didn't watch any of it.

Emubob:

I noticed the Vivendi Cup on the Golf Channel yesterday and again, earlier this morning, on replay. I didn't watch any of it.

That is truly bizarre, since I have Gold package but certainly no Golf Channel on 158.

Emubob:

That is truly bizarre, since I have Gold package but certainly no Golf Channel on 158.

I dunno. Perhaps it has something to do with paying on an annual basis rather than monthly?

The True rep in Loei told us the Golf Channel had not been part of the gold package until the first of September. Call or contact a True office and try to find out.

I get the GolfChannel and watched the Vivendi last weekend on my building's regular cable hook-up ... However, somehow or other the local cable company is picking up the GolfChannel feed from INDIA as all the non-network commercials are from India ... go figure... I mainly watch so I can have a telephone conversation with my golf-nut Mother.

from today's NY Times:

The good news is that all the talking, speculating and prognosticating

will cease with the first tee shot. That is when the vagaries of the

unique match-play format come into play and putts trump predictions. The

team that putts the best prevails.

One more opinion from the other end of the spectrum will be tested. Last week, the NBC commentator

Johnny Miller was asked about the importance of the maneuvering by captains in the Ryder Cup.

"You could be a good captain with a blindfold on and a dartboard," Miller said.

Emubob:

I've the Gold package and I have the Golf Channel on 158. It should be part of Gold.

Right now watching the Ryder Cup on True Sport 4 (Channel 104).

The Golf Channel is showing and old LPGA Classic as somebody already mentioned.

monty said he wants at least a point lead going into the afternoon session of foursomes. cant see it happening, think hes got his pairings wrong. playing poulter with fisher and donald with harrington. imho i think it should have been poulter with harrington and fisher with donald.

go team europe !

blue right across the board at the close of todays play. and most importantly the games that were hanging on a knife edge are now turning europes way, by converting 1 up games to 2 ups and more.

btw so nice to see woods enjoying himself wink.gif muppet !