Ryder Cup

gisjames

btw so nice to see woods enjoying himself wink.gif muppet !

I still don’t understand why Tiger can’t seem to learn that there are microphones on a golf course, particularly in his close surroundings. Or maybe he simply just doesn’t give a flying fig that the rest of the world think he is a childish tosser when he’s screaming and cussing after every other shot…?

Update:

Oct 3 (Reuters) - The Ryder Cup will be held over to Monday for the first time after torrential rain left the Celtic Manor course waterlogged on Sunday.

After the rain moved away, organisers said they hoped to finish the remaining third session of two foursomes and four fourballs later in the day and that the concluding 12 singles matches were scheduled to start at 0905 local time (0805 GMT) on Monday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE69205R20101003

The Ryder Cup was over yesterday.

Unfortunately the US has to try and play again today....and I'm a Yank.

aint over until the fat lady sings ! you should know that chuckd

. while i admit its going to be a bit of an uphill struggle for the u.s. its not out of the question for them to get the 7 and a half points they need to retain the cup. i think a lot is going to rest on what order the captains put out their singles selections for todays play. especially for the u.s. and where pavin puts the likes of such players as overton, cink and stricker, who have been the major contributers as far a points go. keeping them in it with a slim fighting chance, then if old woods and mickleson can get their acts together it might just be enough to get some momentum going and push for points elsewhere. mahan and furyk could also be influential.

Edited by tigerfish

I have been wasting a little time on the internet recently and wanted to impart these little gems of wisdom to our readership.

I believe Tiger Woods was the best performer of all the golfers at the Ryder Cup. My opinion is based on the following:

1. He won 2 of 3 in the team competition. Nobody else did any better.

2. In the singles match, he beat his opponent Francesco Molinari 4 and 3.

3. If you compare scorecards against all other EU Team members, he would have beaten them all, with one exception.

Against McIlroy, he was 5 up after 15

Against McDowell, he was 3 up after 15.

Against Harrington, he was 6 up after 15.

Against Hanson he was 4 up after 15.

Against Jiminez he was 4 up after 15.

Against Fisher he was 8 up after 15.

Against Eduardo Molinari he was 3 up after 15.

Against Kaymer he was 7 up after 15.

Against Donald he was 4 up after 15.

Against Westwood he was 4 up after 15.

Against Poulter he was 1 up after 14. Poulter ended his match at the 14th.

My contention is Woods would have beaten each and every member of the EU team with the possible exception of Poulter and he was up on him. Tiger ended his last seven holes birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, eagle, par, birdie or 7 under in 7 holes.

I know this is all hypothetical but I was bored and started wondering how he matched up against everybody on the opposing side.

I have been wasting a little time on the internet recently and wanted to impart these little gems of wisdom to our readership.

I believe Tiger Woods was the best performer of all the golfers at the Ryder Cup. My opinion is based on the following:

3. If you compare scorecards against all other EU Team members, he would have beaten them all, with one exception.

Against McIlroy, he was 5 up after 15

Against McDowell, he was 3 up after 15.

Against Harrington, he was 6 up after 15.

Against Hanson he was 4 up after 15.

Against Jiminez he was 4 up after 15.

Against Fisher he was 8 up after 15.

Against Eduardo Molinari he was 3 up after 15.

Against Kaymer he was 7 up after 15.

Against Donald he was 4 up after 15.

Against Westwood he was 4 up after 15.

Against Poulter he was 1 up after 14. Poulter ended his match at the 14th.

My contention is Woods would have beaten each and every member of the EU team with the possible exception of Poulter and he was up on him. Tiger ended his last seven holes birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, eagle, par, birdie or 7 under in 7 holes.

I know this is all hypothetical but I was bored and started wondering how he matched up against everybody on the opposing side.

Not bad for a so-called "Has Been" !

Tiger played some awesome stuff on the last day but if you followed his game on the previous days he was all over the place. No consistency whatsoever. You can point to the points he picked up but they don't tell the whole story.