Who Is This Old Weird Guy On Kao San Road ?

dmax

as you walk past gullivers about 20 yards he will allways be sitting there surrounded by young farangs . there are speakers near him blasting out trance music. he looks like an old hippy but creepy looking old sod, long straggly hair and dirty clothes, he has a pudgy nose and looks like a european , i have heard before that there was an old pervert runs around the kao san rd raping young farang girls and heard or read that he was a thai involved in jewellry business and makes potions and dodgey medicine, but this guy is definately not thai, he has swarthy skin but not thai. i kept seeing him everynight but i havent seen him on my last visit there a couple of months ago, what is the story behind this weirdo ? is he the rapist on kao san that i have read about ?

anyone got a photo of him ?

• Like 1

Totally confused.

On exactly what grounds do you suspect this individual of what you are suggesting he might have done?

look on another thread in thai visa, its written by a young lady who said that (this old guy) who sits outside gullivers spikes young foreign girls with rohypnol. she said he was thai and wears a trilby hat with long greasy grey hair, so im wondering is this the same guy who i want to find out about, will search for the thread now and be back on when i find it, its under bangkok forum somewhere and was posted about a year ago.

If the guy always hangs out at "ooze bar" a small street bar on soi rambutree with the psytrance blasting out,

his name is Pappa and is well connected in the pystrance scene and has something to do with putting parties on I think, as he's always at them,

I've seen him @ Green spirit, Koh Phangnan, Koh Tao, kanchanburi.

He isn't a perv but yeah looks a bit dodgy, has an indian tattoo and a few more on his arms,.

I reckon he would know a bit about magic potions though!

Sorry, but I have a logic failure here.

You describe someone quite well, where they are and what is going on around them, then you ask if anyone has photos of the person that you are about to do a character assassination on? Don't you own a camera? Or have one on your mobile phone?

You drag out some rumours and imply that this person is the perpetrator of those rumours.

If he is that much of a threat - you did not warn the 'young people' hanging around him.

Words fail me. If we are all judged on how we look (maybe when our luck is dodgy), then quite a few of us are in trouble if you see us. Please stay away from me.

From the old wierd guy on Koh Samui

you dont have the logic to understand do you ? tut tut !! i asked because i had heard and read about some old guy that sits near gullivers spiking female tourists with drugs and raping them, ( read the thread by hannahcopacabana) i never said this was the guy in question but asked did anyone know him . i am curious to know if this is him. whats this dirty looking creepy old guy doing hanging around young backpackers anyway? he sits there every night obviously drugged up listening to this trance sh*t and as the previous poster says he does look dodgy. so it wouldnt make you wonder why this whacked out old weirdo was doing in the company of people young enough to be his grand kids ?

1) Never judge a book by it's cover. (Just take a look at Einstien)

2) You just described about 50 people on Khao sarn

3) Stay home and insult your own country men please.

4) If it's the old "Ed Carabao look alike guy he's cool. Been around since dust.

5) You have just made this poor old guy look like garbage for tourists who will be traveling to Khao sarn and you have NOTHING to prove ANYTHING.

6) I f your destination is always Khao sarn in Thailand then I think you are stranger then you think he is.

7) From my memories of Khao sarn, the tourists were WAY scarier then any old Thai's I ever saw. Maybe he thinks your wierd for getting "dredlocks" pinned to your head or buying "tattoo sleave pieces" or walking around with a beer Heineken in one hand and "Pad Thai" in the other or even for being there.

8) Dirty, dodgy, smelly, greasy hair etc.......hmmmm...isn't that what they all look like on Khao sarn?

9) To my knowledge they still keep "rapists" in jail here in LOS.

10) Doesn't own a camera, Hangs out on Khao sarn, Accuses people of things he only can assume, Observing people he judges as rapists and dodgy, takes time to post this on TV, obviously investigating this poor mans back-ground, being judgmental about natives of other countries in their own country, hmmmmm........I'll even pay for your taxi to Sawanbumi airport dude.

Like another poster stated............................Why are you concerned? What are you gonna do to him

Well put. I remember on my first trip here many years ago, I read Lonely Planet's description of KSR...they called it a human zoo. Absolutely true. Some really scary looking people hang out there. Dregs of the earth...

What I think is crazy is that these people think KSR is Thailand! Pai, KSR, Railey, full moon party....and they think they have "seen" Thailand. Sad...

• Like 2

I am of the opinion that singleing out an individual by detailed description of appearance, habits, location etc. and speculating on deeds performed (past, present or future) by that individual is bordering on defamation. As such I cannot allow this topic to continue.

That said, traveling in a foreign area, whether by one's self or within a group, I would suggest it is wise to take all necessary precautions for personel safety. If one suspects a dodgy charachter - I would treat that individual as such & allow a wide berth.

Closed.

• Like 2