Anyone Taken A Cat To Uk

My understanding is that there is no way around the quarantine (which would be ghastly for the poor cat) if brought from Thailand. Why I have never understood as it is possible to document the effectiveness of an animals's vaccination through blood tests, but so it is.

There are countries, though, from which you can bring a pet into the UK without need for quarantine, I believe many if not most of the EC for example. So you might be able to woprk this if you do a 2 stage process, first bringing the cat to a country which allows it and then, from there, bringing the cat to the UK. Would need to go through repeat paperwork in the intermediate stop country and be there for a while, i.e. not just a layover.

Suggest you check the list of countries for which the UK will not require quarantine and then look at their requirements for import from Thailand.

If you find a solution let us know. Many sad cases of people separating from their pets due to the UK quarnatine rule.

The best I could come up with is taking her to the US for a 6 month stay with my daughter before bringing her to the UK. Haven't asked the daughter yet though. There doesn't seem to be any other legal way around it at the moment. Not too sure how she will handle being with 2 other cats and low cat on the totem pole after being the Queen of the house here. But still would beat a 6 month quarantine. I really don't think she would survive the quarantine and I know my pocket book would not either.

Sheryl I agree there doesn't seem to be a logical reason why a 6 month quarantine is required if you have all the documents and they could do a blood test.