Greek Food

bkkvet

Perhaps if the owner broke a few plates and offered you a glass of ouzo (sp) it might make it more authentic in your eyes?

In the meantime, please feel free to give us a 'food' review in between interior design suggestions. ;)

I walked by and was so repulsed by what the place looks like from outside so decided not to eat there. I am confident the food is authentic greek quisine done to the highest standard possible, probably

• 2 weeks later...

Classic.

Discussions about decor, etc. Not a word about the food other than bickering about whether hummus is Greek. Oh, Taramosalata is on the menu.

Well, I've eaten there a few times. So have quite a few people I know. Take-out from people who live in the area is common. The food is popular. The lamb chops are the best I've ever had.

The food is good. Given the lack of Greek food in the Sukhumvit area, decor and "atmosphere" seem overrated. As is obvious from the success of the gyro stand on Nana Soi 4 and even the success of Souvlaki on Patpong Soi 4 despite having to walk the "gauntlet" to get there. No, it's not a full-blown Greek restaurant. If I remember correctly, the last one of those attempted here failed. Ekamai, wasn't it? Zorba's is a little cafe. It's a place to eat good food. If you want good Greek food, try it. If you want decor and atmosphere, buy a plane ticket. :-)

Classic.

Discussions about decor, etc. Not a word about the food other than bickering about whether hummus is Greek. Oh, Taramosalata is on the menu.

Well, I've eaten there a few times. So have quite a few people I know. Take-out from people who live in the area is common. The food is popular. The lamb chops are the best I've ever had.

The food is good. Given the lack of Greek food in the Sukhumvit area, decor and "atmosphere" seem overrated. As is obvious from the success of the gyro stand on Nana Soi 4 and even the success of Souvlaki on Patpong Soi 4 despite having to walk the "gauntlet" to get there. No, it's not a full-blown Greek restaurant. If I remember correctly, the last one of those attempted here failed. Ekamai, wasn't it? Zorba's is a little cafe. It's a place to eat good food. If you want good Greek food, try it. If you want decor and atmosphere, buy a plane ticket. :-)

If you leave me only this two choises, i go for the plane ticket.

Classic.

Of course you've eaten there a few times, your the guy that set it up arent you???? According to your previous posts on the classifieds forum you were the guy/girl looking for staff for the place.

Please check the following in Sukhumvit, owner is Elena and is Greek, I love the food and order it also regularly via Food by Phone and ChefsXP (id=231)

Olive Kebab & Cafe

Address : 593/2 Sukhumvit Road

Wattana District, Bangkok

(Between Soi 33 & 35 next to Villa Supermarket

Highly recommended!!

Classic.

Classic.

Of course you've eaten there a few times, your the guy that set it up arent you???? According to your previous posts on the classifieds forum you were the guy/girl looking for staff for the place.

Thanks a lot for telling us!

I'd never eat at a place where the owner fakes rave reviews to promote his own restaurant. Lame!

Classic.

Thanks a lot for telling us!

I'd never eat at a place where the owner fakes rave reviews to promote his own restaurant. Lame!

The 'success' of the gyros stand on Nana soi 4 is probably down to the fact that every pissed fart on his way home gets the munchies and it is one of the very few options available to them. Price is also a factor i suppose. Maybe they prefer to spend 50bht for a gyros on the side of the road and scope out an as yet barfined lovely from one of the bars heading up the street, thus potentialy getting 2 'bargains' at the same time.

And your description of Zorbas being ' a little Greek cafe' brings to my mind a small rustic type cafe with oil lamps on the table and traditional Greek fare, NOT a hole in the wall sandwiched between an empty building and an already failed bar (same owner). I would also expect the food to be cooked on premises by the fully trained 'Greek?' chef, NOT (pre) cooked next door in the already failed bar, by that bars Thai chefs and then discreetly delivered through the adjoining back door.

I also think that the reason so many people have mentioned the decor is that if you have ever been to a Greek restaurant (other than the one your involved in) then the decor/ambience is what makes the meal such an enjoyable experience.

However that being said I am willing to put the "Cafe's' boast of best Lamb chops ever tasted to the test. As it is my birthday next week would it be possible to book for a table of ten? (all seated at the same table?):lol: so we can test the great food?:lol:

I rest my case

• 8 months later...

there is no good greek fod in town except Olive cafe, the Souvlaki on soi 4 sucks and sometime can be really bad and this place sucks too and the one used to be in ekkamai is closed.

I wouldnt eat in Souvlaki even if u pay me, i went to the toilet the last two times i ate there and it wasnt pleasant...

there is no good greek fod in town except Olive cafe, the Souvlaki on soi 4 sucks and sometime can be really bad and this place sucks too and the one used to be in ekkamai is closed.

I wouldnt eat in Souvlaki even if u pay me, i went to the toilet the last two times i ate there and it wasnt pleasant...

What about the Turkish restaurant in the middle of silom road, Bosphorus -I think?!?-... is it still open?