Where To Buy Used Bicycle In Cm?

sergl

I presume the OP is looking for somewhere a little more specific than that link which, amongst other things, advertises baby seats, property in Hua Hin and a 39,000baht racing bike for sale in BKK.

Anybody know of a secondhand bicycle shop in CM? I, too, would be interested to know of a reputable one.

I think new bicycles cost not much more than secondhand, actually. I applaud the reuse of resources instead of buying new, and I too wanted a secondhand bicycle. But the secondhand bikes I've seen have looked pretty nasty. You can buy a perfectly good new bicycle from Tesco for 2,000-3,000 baht, depending on how many extras you want with it.

On the other hand, if you do find a nice clean secondhand bike, go for it! And post here where you found it please, so I can get one too :)

• Like 1

I presume the OP is looking for somewhere a little more specific than that link which, amongst other things, advertises baby seats, property in Hua Hin and a 39,000baht racing bike for sale in BKK.

The idea being to look in Classifieds. It's not hard.

A few of the cycle shops which have used bikes at good priced sergl. It's certainly worth checking them out if you don't get any other offers :)

When I bought a new mountain bike, the shop wouldn't take my old one in part exchange, but they did offer to put it out front the shop and sell it for me. It went in 3 days as the price I asked ;)

I've noticed more cycle shops springing up recently too, and I think they all have repair and maintenance workshops at the back and seem to be pretty good at taking care of the ole 2 wheeled jalopy!

Failing that, keep your eye on this thread, and someone might just offer you a bargain.

BIKES IN HOLLAND - HIGH DEMAND!

Sorry, but while it's on my mind, I have to type this :)

I had a bike stolen in Holland when I lived there many years ago, and soon after I got offered an even better one at a very, very, reasonable price. I asked my law abiding Dutch buddy why the bloke was selling it so cheaply? He said, and I quote; "It's probably nicked!".

Somewhat surprised by his response, I asked him why anyone would steal a bike in Holland because everyone already seems to have one? He replied;

"The cycle thieves sell their bikes to those who have just had theirs taken!"

And so the trade continues :)

Aitch

PS - I know TV want to direct traffic to the Classifieds, and i know that a lot of forum Questions can be found on Google, but c'mon folks, sometimes people just want a bit of 'real time; advice, support, or tips, from the local community here. Otherwise, what's the point?

If you are familiar with the district of Sansai then this might prove useful. At 'the back' of Pimuk 1 - literary the last house - you will find a Japanese fella who deals in second hand bicycles and has hundreds stacked up outside his house. It's worth a shot as I have not yet come across anyone, or anywhere else, who deals in such items. He seems to do good trade too so must be of a reasonable standard.

Just buy it new, they are so cheap. I got a great bicycle at L.A. Bicycle for 5K or maybe a little less. It has all name brand parts on it. I could of gotten one there that would have suited me just fine for 3,000-4,000. And they have never charged me once to lubricate, make adjustments, etc. Nice people there.

The bikes at Tesco are fairly poor quality. If you check the welding, etc. compared to the bikes at L.A. Bicycle.

Just buy it new, they are so cheap. I got a great bicycle at L.A. Bicycle for 5K or maybe a little less. It has all name brand parts on it. I could of gotten one there that would have suited me just fine for 3,000-4,000. And they have never charged me once to lubricate, make adjustments, etc. Nice people there.

The bikes at Tesco are fairly poor quality. If you check the welding, etc. compared to the bikes at L.A. Bicycle.

Isn't "LA Bicycle" the name of a bicycle brand rather than the name of a bicycle shop?

Isn't "LA Bicycle" the name of a bicycle brand rather than the name of a bicycle shop?

There are 2 L.A. Bicycle shops that I am aware of. One is on the moat while the other is on the road that goes out of the moat to Niyom Pannich, Airport Plaza, etc. There may be more but I don't know. I bought mine at the shop on the moat and the family that owns the shop are very nice and helpful.

Hi there, I have a bike I could sell. Just a regular town bike with a couple of gears and a basket etc. I bought it in April for 2500 (off someone else) and it hasn't been used since, though the tyres have since been replaced with new ones because there was something dodgy about the tires that came with the bike.

I have been given another bike so if you want to buy it off me I could sell it to you for the same price (since it has new tyres and hasn't been used). PM me if interested :)

There are 2 L.A. Bicycle shops that I am aware of. One is on the moat while the other is on the road that goes out of the moat to Niyom Pannich, Airport Plaza, etc. There may be more but I don't know. I bought mine at the shop on the moat and the family that owns the shop are very nice and helpful.

I think the one on the moat that you're referring to is Song Bicycles. LA is one of the brands that they carry and the biggest English language sign on the exterior of their building says LA Bicycles. Aside from LA, they sell a variety of "market" bicycles, things such as retro-looking Schwinn 3 speed bikes, and low-end mountain bikes. I haven't done business with them but they look like they might be a reasonable option if shopping for a bike in that price range.

Edited by OriginalPoster

I think the one on the moat that you're referring to is Song Bicycles. LA is one of the brands that they carry and the biggest English language sign on the exterior of their building says LA Bicycles. Aside from LA, they sell a variety of "market" bicycles, things such as retro-looking Schwinn 3 speed bikes, and low-end mountain bikes. I haven't done business with them but they look like they might be a reasonable option if shopping for a bike in that price range.

Sounds sweet! I'd like a nice retro-looking single speed cruiser for rolling around town myself...can you tell us where on the moat? N, S, E, W? Inside or outside? Thanks...

• Like 1

i have a barely used 21 speed with dual disk brakes that i might be willing to part with.... bought it 8 months ago and just have not used it as much as i thought i would.

Paid around 4000 baht new.. will consider any reasonable offer.. bike is in great shape.

PM me if interested

There is a second hand bicycle mart out on the street in Doi Saket Kao Road, which is the street behind the old campus of Payap University (Mae Khao site), near the end of the street, where the road turns sharp right onto Kao Nawarat Street. There is another place selling secondhand bikes on Doi Saket Road, near the Sansai market (left hand side as you go out of town). A lot of the bikes look pretty ropey, and may be overpriced. I bought a cheap brand new LA bicycle three years ago (from the LA shop on the Si Phum corner of the moat), and it's still going well. In Thailand it's usually better value to buy new, if you can. It's a lot cheaper in the long run. (That goes for cars too, and just about anything else).