Wife Of 6 Weeks Wants Divorce

Colabamumbai

Short update. After a week of harassing phone messages, like "If you want a divorce it will cost you 100,000 bhat and the price will go up everyday." "I am going to your embassy and calling immigration." etc. I finally went and filed a police report. They downloaded all her threatening messages to a cops phone. I brought copies of her ID. and her ex husbands. Copies of the Tambien Baan and copies of bills addressed to me at at our address, copies of wedding certificate. They called her by phone and told her to come to the station. They wanted me to wait in a room upstairs while they interviewed her, I said no thanks and left. Now to be honest I had sent her a few nasty phone messages also but none threatening. She had been calling hotels and apartments to find out where I may have been staying, I had advised the owners not to give out any information if anyone had called and one owner told me a woman had called asking If I was staying there. They replied "no". I told the police to order her and her ex to stay away from me and not to have any contact what so ever with me. I could live or die in Thailand, but I made my voice known.

Edited by Colabamumbai

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you keep running away when told to wait. If the cops give her a hard time she might have caved in and agreed to an umphur divorce.

Wouldn't that have been nice.

She can call my lawyer, after 3 years. And if a foreigner asks her why she has a foreign surname ie: Scottish, English she can explain why she changed her name to my surname.

I told them that she was to have no contact with me and they want me to wait and see her........There is nothing nice about this.

Why do you keep running away when told to wait. If the cops give her a hard time she might have caved in and agreed to an umphur divorce.

She can call my lawyer, after 3 years. And if a foreigner asks her why she has a foreign surname ie: Scottish, English she can explain why she changed her name to my surname.

I told them that she was to have no contact with me and they want me to wait and see her........There is nothing nice about this.

Good for you. Make her wait for a divorce so she can't marry another unsuspecting Farang in the meantime. Unless of course the frighteners from the police make her agree to an immediate Amphur divorce, and then I wouldn't turn up alone just in case it's a set up, take along a few bodyguards as witness.

Edited by PattayaParent

Good for you. Make her wait for a divorce so she can't marry another unsuspecting Farang in the meantime. Unless of course the frighteners from the police make her agree to an immediate Amphur divorce, and then I wouldn't turn up alone just in case it's a set up, take along a few bodyguards as witness.

Exactly, thanks for your positive reply and support.

I know a guy who knows a guy who's family own and Island. People have have been known to go missing from this Island... :huh:

...or. pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again!

be thankful you are not the guy who just posted he's out 60million baht even though he had "protected" his investment...

A real setup it seems.

Looks like it was from the beginning, love can be blind and one sided.

hmmmm....blind and one-sided. I wonder if that's where the expression "blindsided" comes from.

1. blindsidedpast participle, past tense of blind side (Verb)
    1. Hit or attack (someone) on the blind side: "Jenkins blindsided Adams".2. Catch (someone) unprepared; attack from an unexpected position.

(From Wikipedia)

Joking aside, I'm sorry to hear about your rotten situation. Good luck with it.

(Haven't logged on here in many months -- looks like nothing has changed, in general.)

A real setup it seems.

hmmmm....blind and one-sided. I wonder if that's where the expression "blindsided" comes from.

1. Hit or attack (someone) on the blind side: "Jenkins blindsided Adams".2. Catch (someone) unprepared; attack from an unexpected position.

(From Wikipedia)

(Haven't logged on here in many months -- looks like nothing has changed, in general.)

How about.....

there's no fool like an old fool

One born every minute

a fool and his money.........

"no country for old men

A real setup it seems.

(From Wikipedia)

How about.....

there's no fool like an old fool

One born every minute

a fool and his money.........

"no country for old men

Actually, I was just making a play on words.

In no way at all have I intended to criticize what appears to be a victim by calling him a fool or old, and hopefully nobody else interpreted my post that way.

Now I remember why I haven't logged on here for ages.

Choices can be both wise and foolish.

IMO - it's more about self perception - or deception and gullibility.

If the guy realises what a fool he's been he maybe can walk away and salvage what is left of his life. better still not make the same mistakes again.

Edited by Deeral

• 6 months later...

sorry a bit late jumping onto this thread!

what can happen if the thai lady wants to divorce the falang after 3 years and he refuses?

they have a child together which he has custody of.(the thai has the child at weekends).

too add more confusion to the sad scenario,the falang has a new partner and child!

the crazy thing about this is she doesn't want any money off him!!!

why won't he divorce her? would he be wanting her to inherit his wealth?

Really, so there is a high proportion of tv users who are in relationships with woman who just want their money? It would be interesting to know the proportion of tv users who do this, and try to gauge how many are into this sort of thing, you could set up a self help group something like aa, you powerless to a higher power of little brain, want to pay money to delude self into believing a relationship is being formed that is more than the sum of money entering wife or girlfriends pocket, purse etc.

Is this what you mean? dam_n if so I am gonna get back onto that thorntree thread

I would say true for many male/female relationships in any country.

In the western world

Male delusion level is high 95% (due to losing your home in the breakup)

In Thailand

About 50% follow the delusion path.

And the other 50% are fairly happy with the arrangement.

The breakup is usually a lot cheaper in Thailand, so less need for delusion.

Just my theory!

Edited by pjclark1

This follows on from the thread you started about her pawning the wedding ring, where you said you were thinking of divorcing her! Now she's chucked you out, why?

If she wants money to sign the papers, just tell her you haven't got it and don't bother signing them. Let her go to the embassy, what will they do? Nothing, it's none of their business. Unless you've done something you don't want her to tell them about?

How, exactly, did you get from "she's pawned our wedding ring, I don't think I can trust her, I paid her mortgage payments" (which, by the way, you said were $56,000 not THB56,000!) to "her ex-husband has kicked me out and she wants money from me"? All in the space of a couple of weeks.

I wondered about the same thing. The OP started a long rant in the ladies forum (2010-08-11) about the wife pawning the wedding rings. There were many positive and informative replies. Did the OP follow up on any one of the good suggestions? How much more advice can anyone give when none of us know all the fact?. All we can do on an open forum is make assumptions. I don't like calling anyone stupid, but this is starting to sound like the Jerry Springer show where everyone wants to air their dirty laundry.

From the information that has been supplied here the woman doesn't have a legal leg to demand anything. I'm not sure how long thaivisa has been running, but it's certainly been long enough for foreign men to have learned something by now. There have been similar stories repeated almost weekly.

Cut and paste the following scenerio and post it on thaivisa every few weeks.

Foreign man who never had ANY success with women in whatever country he came from visits Thailand for the first time.

A short time later the dumb farang meets lovely Thai lady half his age and falls in lust... which he mistakes for love.

Dumb farang buys pretty Thai lady gold and jewelry, and possibly a motor bike or car.

After only a few weeks the dumb farang asks pretty Thai lady to get married without ever checking where she comes from, or what what she does for a living.

Smart Thai lady asks dumb farang to buy her a home in village where her parents live.

Dumb farang buys pretty Thai lady a home, but has to sign everything over to her because foreigners can not own property.

After a few months the pretty Thai lady gets bored with her new "saviour" and tells him to leave.

Dumb farang comes crying to Thaivisa to tell everyone how poorly he was treated.

Well said Ian and that about sums it all up.

I have an English acquaintance. He visited some bar in Bangkok 9 years ago and met some Thai bargirl who is 15 years his junior.

He instantly fell in love after only spending 1 night with her, married the girl within 5 months and took her back to live with him at his house in London.

He apparently had 2 kids with her and in the meantime the girl had an Austrian, a Hungarian and another English guy on the go. His cousin and I were always doubtful that the kids were his.

2 years ago the girl walked out on my friend taking the kids with her. She went to court and managed to have my friend evicted from the house, then she moved a boyfriend in. That lasted 4 months then she replaced that one with another guy. 6 months ago she bunged the kids back to my friend who is now staying at his parents home and she now works in a massage parlour somewhere in Manchester.

The weird part is that my friend will not hear a bad word about this girl and is still infatuated with her, although the girl has made it absolutely clear she would never return to him. After all, she gained a UK passport, a house and welfare for her and the kids plus maintenance money from my friend. So why would she wish to go back with him?

In my opinion these men deserve everything they get and I give them a 10 out of 10 for stupidity.

It is true that many of these guys are lacking in something which for some reason makes them unattractive to women, so they see the lowest denomination class of girl from a third world country as an easy option. But how totally wrong they are. These women are as cunning as a <deleted> house rat and soon learn the system abroad.