Friends List And Ignore List - How Can I Be On Both?

JohnLeech

I have just been notified that I have been added to one member's "friends" list, which in that particular case I find very odd as he also has me on "ignore", which he has informed me about twice by PM, has blocked my sending him any messages (for example to ask why I am now a "friend"), and is the only one (so far!) to "-" any of my posts.

I am a bit slow on the uptake with things technological (I prefer an abacus to a calculator), so can anyone tell me what this means - apart, possibly, from the poster in question suffering from DID.

Edit: even odder - now I am no longer a "friend"!!!

Edited by JohnLeech

Hmmmm. Curious. Could be a case of ancient Chinese philosophy in action ...

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Sun-tzu

:D :D :D :D :D

BTW, people can un-ignore you at any time either globally or for specific posts, and they don't need to tell you either way.

If you don't want to be someone's "friend" you can go to their profile and click Remove Me As a Friend.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Sun-tzu

A common mis-conception (one of many). Although many of those who have never read anything by Sun Tzu ascribe this saying to him it never appears in any of his writings and its first recorded use is by Micheal Corleone in The Godfather Part II.

Sun-tzu

A common mis-conception (one of many). Although many of those who have never read anything by Sun Tzu ascribe this saying to him it never appears in any of his writings and its first recorded use is by Micheal Corleone in The Godfather Part II.

:o Another know it all.....<unclips the safety on ignore button>.....prepare to fire!

OP I find its easier to simply ignore the ignore button and select to vet friend requests as well then you will be notified and can yay or nay them. I hope this helps....or do I ?

I can't seem to decide....:ermm:

OP I find its easier to simply ignore the ignore button and select to vet friend requests as well then you will be notified and can yay or nay them. ........

An excellent option. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be one of the options open to me, as although I am notified it is only after they have made themselves a "friend" and then I have to go to their profile and remove them - and to keep on doing so every time they briefly take me off ignore to send me a childishly abusive PM or list me as a friend (as has now happened again).

I have so far not used the ignore button on the basis that even a blind dog with no nose can occasionally find a bone, so even the most uninformed poster may very occasionally post something useful, as JT sometimes does, but I am a little too old to play childish games like this so "ignore" may be the only option.

"know it all"? Far from it! Sun Tzu, however, or at least a translation by Lionel Giles which I still have, was recommended if not required reading in my profession (Mario Puzo wasn't!).

I think the OP has had his technical issues resolved.

Also note, if you believe a member has sent you an abusive PM that you think violates forum rules, you can report such things to a mod for judgment.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

OP I find its easier to simply ignore the ignore button and select to vet friend requests as well then you will be notified and can yay or nay them. ........

An excellent option. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be one of the options open to me, as although I am notified it is only after they have made themselves a "friend" and then I have to go to their profile and remove them - and to keep on doing so every time they briefly take me off ignore to send me a childishly abusive PM or list me as a friend (as has now happened again).

I have so far not used the ignore button on the basis that even a blind dog with no nose can occasionally find a bone, so even the most uninformed poster may very occasionally post something useful, as JT sometimes does, but I am a little too old to play childish games like this so "ignore" may be the only option.

"know it all"? Far from it! Sun Tzu, however, or at least a translation by Lionel Giles which I still have, was recommended if not required reading in my profession (Mario Puzo wasn't!).

My settings>profile>Friend approval>Enabled...only add when I approve them.

And to quote JT...Next! :P

• Like 1