Credit Card Payment.

I need to use my credit card while here in thailand i am from australia and i am here until febuary,my question is after i use i need to make a payment on this card to pay off what i use how can i pay here? can i go in a bank with the card and pay over the counter?or is there another way to pay,my other card i could pay by bill pay on the net but this card is not set up for that.

Thanks in advance for any help. nev :jap:

If you have netbank just transfer funds from your savings account to the visa account.

Mate i do have netbank but to set up a new biller code i get a sms notification in australia which i cannot recieve while here,i did try to add but with no luck.

You don't have a checking account to use? Or a debit card? How would you make payment when in OZ? Do they offer direct debit from a bank account as an option?

I have a debit card the reason i need to use the credit card is to extend my travel insurance as i am staying longer than expected,can i use the debit card? it does not have mastercard or visa on it but maestro and it is a commonwealth bank card.

I pay the card over the counter when the bill comes in,my other card that is linked to my account is out of date now.

Another option would be telephone banking. It will cost you for the call.

or If someone has access to your registered sms notification phone set up a time when you can chat online so they could tell you the sms code while you use netbank.

Failing that, see if you can have someone you trust at home make the payments for you. You might have a trusted persons biller code listed already that you could transfer the funds to.

The commonwealth banks FAQ's only has this to say.

Q. How do I make a payment to my Commonwealth Bank credit card while overseas?

A. There are several easy ways to make payments whilst overseas, such as using telephone banking to transfer funds, logging into NetBank whilst anywhere in the world or setting up automatic payments to your account before you leave.

Edited by Farma

Normally a debit card can be used for most things a credit card can be used for. The only frequent exception is car rental where they want to put a pre-charge against your card as a deposit. For any normal case transaction it should work as long as they have a card reader and accept Master-Charge/Maestro (electronic debit card). If you are talking mail order or signature type charge it likely will not work but have no experience with them.

Arrange for a direct debit with the bank. Here in Thailand, say I have a cc from bank ABC. I sign a form with bank ABC for a direct debit of my saving account in bank ABC. So as long as I have money in my ABC bank account, I can keep spending on my cc, and the billed will be deducted from my saving account monthly.

Change the mobile number to your Thai one whilst your here that way you can receive the sms ?

Mate wish it was that easy,it is hard enough in australia to change mobile numbers for notification which i have done before to do from over here will be nigh on impossible thanks for the suggestion mate.

Seems like an awfully convoluted (and expensive) way to maintain your travel insurance. The exchange rate and overseas transaction charges cost. Why don't you get your oz sim card sent up to you or buy new insurance online with world nomads or a similar company which lets you but insurance after you've left?

If your CC account is with the same bank as your SAV account you should be able to transfer directly by using internet banking. You will not require the SMS code as the CC account has been automatically set up by your bank.

Go to "Transfer" from the menu once you have logged into your bank website.

Edited by electau

If your CC account is with the same bank as your SAV account you should be able to transfer directly by using internet banking. You will not require the SMS code as the CC account has been automatically set up by your bank.

Go to "Transfer" from the menu once you have logged into your bank website.

Mate the credit card is a different bank,so need to set up bpay.

Seems like an awfully convoluted (and expensive) way to maintain your travel insurance. The exchange rate and overseas transaction charges cost. Why don't you get your oz sim card sent up to you or buy new insurance online with world nomads or a similar company which lets you but insurance after you've left?

The company i have insurance with are very good but i will look in to nomad,the company i am with lets me design what i want to cover,so i can eliminate what i do not need,and for the price it is good value.