Very Recent Usa Embassy Report

I know that about 90% of topics in this forum are for visas for UK. I would like to provide up to the moment info from her experience from her appointment Monday. We've had the jitters all year knowing we were going to try for this in 2010. She did her research and I did mine. Her obervations after getting inside.

1. Sign inside says for persons with plans to go this year to change as appointments are full thru the end of the year.

2. 80% of ladies appeared to be "lady nights". about half of them were denied

3. most of the men applying were denied. These were Thais and other nationalities

4. about 60% of applicants of all nationalities were denied

5. window 1, most documentation was taken out of her stack including property ownership, bank account statements etc. They only kept my letter, application and her passport (persons who work, they kept job letter)

6. They make sure you can write your name in English and Thai. some people had agents and some girls were asked who made their appt for them, some said they made their own but interviewer didn't believe and denied

6a. have all documents in hand as the interviewer will ask for docs if he wants to see them. He only asked my wife for marriage certifs and my passport. interviews are 5-15 minutes

7. She said they seemed to be experts at knowing if they were being lied to (no surprise there)

8. She saw a group tour in there and about half were denied. She noticed the splitting up of approvals of families. ex. mothers denied but small children not and the opposite. They appear to be very aware of people bailing out on those tours once in the states so that trick appears to have come to an end.

Just some of her observations as she is a uni grad and quite intelligent so was absorbing information and passed it along to me and I am sharing it with persons in the forum.

persons denied were asked few questions and interviewers turned off microphones when applicants got upset and tried to elaborate on asked questions

the vast majority of applicants requested interviews in Thai but this was not possible to get done. My wife requested Thai online but had to do it in English

Maybe this can help some people

snakie

Sometimes it's a coin flip or there's info that people who get rejected are leaving out from their stories. Here's a story my wife read on a Thai site dedicated to applying for USA visas. This story shocked me but again, maybe this lady left out some parts of the whole story. This person was up at 3am preparing, very nervous; seems strange because approved b4

1. Lady has master's degree and works at a Thai immi office in BKK area

2. Lady went to USA once already (so was approved for visa before)

3. Lady was asked numerous questions in the interview

4. Lady is married to an American

5. Lady has child who will stay in Thailand while she takes her trip with husband

6. questions she was asked

a. what will you do in US

b. do you know anyone there?

c. where will you go in US?

d. Who's paying for the trip?

e. How much will your trip cost (the whole ball of wax)

f. how long will you stay there? her answer was "1 week"

g. before you went already, why do you need to go again?

h. where will you stay when you get there?

i. where did you go in US on last trip?

j. Will you return to Thailand this time?

k. what is your job?

l. what is your job title?

m. how long did you work in that office

n. how much do you make?

o. did you ever change jobs?

p. what did you do in your old job

q. why did you change jobs?

r. what is name of your uni?

s. what was your major

t. how long did you study?

u. do you have a child

v. where does your child study?

w. has your child always remained in Thailand?

end of interview

quite lengthy which is unusual

She was denied a visa

bottom line is you can have perfect docs and get denied and reverse is true also

Thanks for this information, very interesting.

Can I ask what was the result of your wife's application?

She got a 10 year visa. Also she got her appointment the day after she bought her pin. Her appointment was one week after that

Questions my wife was asked.

1. Can you speak English? (her English is not great)

2. Did you marry in Thailand?

3. Can I see your marriage certif? (she handed interviewer both mine and her certif)

4. What was you uni major?

5. Do you have your husband's passport with you? (she had it and handed it over and interviewer flipped thru the pages)

6. Interviewer quiet looking at computer and thinking

7. Interviewer then said "we will send your passport by post and you have to pay 75 baht"

Finished

My wife was approved for a 10 year visa back in January, first time applying. She was just under the radar when making her apointment. She got the last appointment in January. Seems like applicants started having problems with the lack of appointments starting in March.

It is good to keep in mind that the human factor plays heavy as to who gets approved vs. denial.

My wife is 8 credits short of her degree. She is a full time stay at home mom. I am the 'bread winner" in the family , so her personal finances did not even factor in. She was never asked redundant questions like "Who is paying for your trip?", "Where will you be staying in the States?" etc.

Her interview took under 5 minutes and the line of questioning went something like this:

1. How long have you and your husband been married?

2. Where do currently reside?

3. Does your husband reside with you?

4. Does your husband work in Thailand?

5. Is your son Thai or American? (sounded like a trick question, but my wife answered it correctly stating that he is both):)

6. When are you planning on traveling?

The ConOff already had this information in front of her (marriage certificate, copy of my WP and passport, copies of our sons BC, and birth abroad counselor report, his Thai and US passports, etc.) and it seems like she was just asking for verification, and possibly looking for deception.

Our financial records were not even looked at (not that there was much to look at anyway)

As you can see most of line of questioning centered around my wife's ties to me, and of course having a son that shares dual citizenship was most likely the deciding factor, so every case is unique and every case is different.

It was the same with my wife's interview, very short, and they did not look at my passport, workpermit, or bank account information, they just asked her questions from the letter I wrote them, so I was glad she read it. She also requested Thai, and the interview was in English.

1. How long have you been married?

2. Is your husband an Amercian?

3. Does your husband work in Thailand?

4. Where are you going in the US?

5. How long are you staying for?

Then okay we will send you your passport in a few days.

She said a lot of people were turned down, they seemed to be either people that did not answer the questions correctly, provide enough information, or were working ladies.