Thai Id Card

johnnywong

Hello all,

My wifes Thai ID card runs out this year. She has a valid Thai passport. Is an ID card required in Thailand if you have a valid passport (in England we don't have compulsory ID cards and a passport acts as ID)?

Also can a ID card be renewed by post, internet or anywhere in England.

Just trying to avoid a trip to Thailand if we can help it.

My wife's ID card expired while we were living in the uk. She didn't renew it until we returned to Thailand about 2 years later.

I don't think it would be possible to renew the ID card by post.

My advice would be to get your wife to contact the Thai Embassy in London and ask them what she should do.

Royal Thai Embassy London

29 - 30 Queen's Gate

London

SW7 5JB

Telephone : 020-7589-2944 Ext. 5500

Fax : 020-7823-7492

Edited by astral
Removal of e-mail addr as per forum rules - Astral

My wife's ID card expired while we were living in the uk. She didn't renew it until we returned to Thailand about 2 years later.

My advice would be to get your wife to contact the Thai Embassy in London and ask them what she should do.

29 - 30 Queen's Gate

London

SW7 5JB

Thank you for the advise.

Does anybody know how many years a Thai ID lasts for? My wifes is 6 years but she seems to think that this is wrong (it should only be 5 years). I have looked on Google images and they appear to last for either 6 or 7 years. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

29 - 30 Queen's Gate

London

SW7 5JB

Thank you for the advise.

Does anybody know how many years a Thai ID lasts for? My wifes is 6 years but she seems to think that this is wrong (it should only be 5 years). I have looked on Google images and they appear to last for either 6 or 7 years. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

There is nothing serious with it, your wife will not be put in jail or something if her id card expired, she just need to go to her local district office when she comes back to thailand and make a new one.

There is nothing serious with it, your wife will not be put in jail or something if her id card expired, she just need to go to her local district office when she comes back to thailand and make a new one.

Understood and thank you for your post. But what I would really like to know is how many years a Thai ID card usually last for? Can somebody look on their card and tell me how may years they have on theirs please?

Understood and thank you for your post. But what I would really like to know is how many years a Thai ID card usually last for? Can somebody look on their card and tell me how may years they have on theirs please?

My wife received a new ID card in 2549 and is up for renewal in 2556. 7 years.