Thai Women

Richard7

go enjoy yourself and taste all the delights thailand has to offer cool.gif just dont jump into anything to quickly and give any relationship with a thai lady at least a year before you make any major decisions. if you think a thai girl is playing you then she probably is ,thats my motto anyway!! tread carefully and put a few testers out first just to see if shes a money grabber, if she hits you with " my papa very sick and need money for operation " then take to your heels and run like <deleted> laugh.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you I won't be taken for a mug... That's what all the mugs say.

You sound a little bit bitter :D It's the weekend - go and enjoy yourself!

"Hi Richard ...... Just consider the source with these folks, not that they are bad people but as you should be able to tell from their comments they are not and never have been very sucsesful with the ladies ....."

I think you're right about a few of the members that have commented in this thread. Jazzbo for example, and BigPanda (who actually posted a thread a few minutes after insulting me saying he was depressed and drunk!).

"But as Richard as already stated he will go to koh samui and if he as enough money will visit other places.

So sounds like maybe he on a bit of a budget and will be watching his pennies.

And koh samui is not cheap nowa days .and there will be plenty of nice thai woman will only be to happy to make that wallet lighter for himrolleyes.gif"

That's the problem really - I heard Koh Samui is one of the most expensive places. I can't afford to go out every night spending 50GBP etc.. I want nights in!

"I'm sorry, but lying to some nice Thai girl to get into her pants is NOT a very nice thing to do... even though you might think so. Having a fling and then buggering off back home Will break some Thai girl's heart. And, there is the real possibly of even getting her pregnant. That is basically what you are recommending. The average Thai girl from a middle income, or better, family WILL have restrictions and not be allowed to take off with some farang tourist. Poor Thai girls are sent to the tourist centers with the specific purpose of either hooking or marrying a farang who will be expected to support the whole family back home"

Ian, who said I was going to lie? I'm not going to lie for gods sake!

Speaks no Thai... never been to Thailand before, knows nothing about the culture or society or customs..... Coming for a vacation (short-time) visit.... Uh huh......

Just remember these rules to live by: When she says she wants to go shopping at a gold jewelry shop, tell her you've got to go meet a friend. When she starts talking about sending money back home for her sick mother/father/brother/aunt/cousin, tell her all your money is tied up in the British stock market....

BTW, did anybody tell him to be on the lookout for katoeys???:rolleyes:

That's the reason I'm asking on here. Research before I go... will remember your rules. Also, what is a katoey???

Only joking :D

Thanks for all the posts - I really appreciate it. It's given me a little idea of what to expect. I'm looking forward to finding out properly for myself..

It's the weekend ...go and enjoy yourself! I did early this morning before she went to her weekend class ... Just remember when you are meeting all those Isaan women in Koh Samui that the real knock-outs never leave Isaan (or even bother to learn English) -- They don't have too...

Cheers - I guess the only way to find out is by actually going out there.

It would be nice to meet a nice Thai girl anyhow!

I know guys who have been here for over twenty years who say the same thing.

not that i go for good thai girls but im highly disappointed at thais ability to speek english.....................lol.

It's the weekend ...go and enjoy yourself! I did early this morning before she went to her weekend class ... Just remember when you are meeting all those Isaan women in Koh Samui that the real knock-outs never leave Isaan (or even bother to learn English) -- They don't have too...

just wondering.

wouldnt a knock-out be the first to leave issan, being attractive can be the first step to a better life economically:lol: :lol: .the parents know it and im sure the girls do too!

Uhm, you must like different kind of women [in looks] then many of us then, as I haven't really seen any stunners in some small village...

I'll make sure I visit Isaan, thanks for your recommendation.

Richard, listen to MrRichard2009. He's on the ball about this.

Given the description of yourself, you can quite easily get a holiday romance going without any lies. Even easier if you have met several first on the net and they're going to meet up with you. The normal Thai girls also have varying mindsets....from the cute, innocent officegirl to the naughty, independant officegirl. They're all here, but not really in Samui...I'm referring more to Bangkok. Lots of more well travelled girls here who after a few drinks are "Western" in their thinking to some extent. They were 10 years ago, they're more so now...however they're also used to seeing more and more foreigners now with the novelty wearing off.

Go to various bars in Bangkok and you'll find what you're looking for. PLENTY of independant girls have met/slept with foreigners who live abroad...IF they like foreigners in the first place. If you go to a more Thai place you can find some also, but also see how the guys pick up girls they've just met too (RCA, Muse, Ratchada etc. etc.).

You don't have to go for girls who ask for money unless a) you need to, B) you're lazy, or c) you want to.

Uhm, you must like different kind of women [in looks] then many of us then, as I haven't really seen any stunners in some small village...

Of course you haven't.......hot village girls are known for their excellent eyesight and turn of speed.......:D

Richard, listen to MrRichard2009. He's on the ball about this.

Given the description of yourself, you can quite easily get a holiday romance going without any lies. Even easier if you have met several first on the net and they're going to meet up with you. The normal Thai girls also have varying mindsets....from the cute, innocent officegirl to the naughty, independant officegirl. They're all here, but not really in Samui...I'm referring more to Bangkok. Lots of more well travelled girls here who after a few drinks are "Western" in their thinking to some extent. They were 10 years ago, they're more so now...however they're also used to seeing more and more foreigners now with the novelty wearing off.

Go to various bars in Bangkok and you'll find what you're looking for. PLENTY of independant girls have met/slept with foreigners who live abroad...IF they like foreigners in the first place. If you go to a more Thai place you can find some also, but also see how the guys pick up girls they've just met too (RCA, Muse, Ratchada etc. etc.).

You don't have to go for girls who ask for money unless a) you need to, B) you're lazy, or c) you want to.

no offense but you seem to be recommending places where bad girls do their thing.........the net, bangkok bars, rca..............gotta love bangkok!

small village ... who said anything about a small village? ... the stunners can make $100+ a night and never leave Isaan, never have to bother to learn English, or have to ever meet a #### Farang.

... there are places you can go where they hang out but the places are not mentioned in Lonely Planet

Edited by jazzbo

OH man are you in for a time of your life, just be yourself, treat them with respect, also bring your own condoms, the ones here are made for fingers (Small)

This.

I met thai boys & girls on internet before I came there, talked with them several months upon arrival. I can just say my vacation wouldn't be so amazing if I haven't met them, since they treated me like a true guest ( you wouldn't believe) even tho I spent only 1/3 of my holiday with them. So meeting people on net before you go is a big plus. All of them were from Bangkok tho, including the girl I spent most of my time with there. We are still in contact. Needless to say, I had a blast.

So yes, its possible to meet a girl if you are young, friendly person without having to pay anything.

Edited by FarangSerbia

As a point of demography, although Isaan has the lowest per-capita income in Thailand, that does not mean there are not pockets of extreme wealth -- There is both the family that owns the 1 or 2 rai rice farm outside the village and then there is the (usually Thai-Chinese) family that owns one of those huge rice mills you see along Highway 2 ...

OH man are you in for a time of your life, just be yourself, treat them with respect, also bring your own condoms, the ones here are made for fingers (Small)

Actually they come in various different sizes, you just haven't noticed where they write the size on the packet yet.

some strangely interesting views on this thread :)

there is nothing new nor interesting in this thread at all, just the same racist misogynist tripe.

it never changes, though as the members are culled it seems to become less amusing.

Well Rich, I would say just come to Thailand on this trip to enjoy yourself. Grab some working girls from where ever, change em like underwear, and spend some time going around to some different places and getting a feel for the country.

Then when your on your way home think to your self, "Do I like Thailand? Could I live there? What would I do there? How do I feel about the culture?"

Depending on your feelings about your answeres above I would either.

a. Just come back occasionaly for party time

b. Come back with a 1 or 2 year plan for further investigation AWAY from the night life and farm areas.

c. Look for a different country you may wish to try out instead.

But no matter what you decide, PLEASE, remember one thing. A simple lesson that we all learn as a kid, but will serve us well as adults here.

PUT THINGS BACK WHERE YOU FOUND THEM.

You take a girl from a bar? No problem, enjoy. But when your done, make sure you put her back where you found her. Don't try and put her in a good home or in a wife situation.

Find a good woman (ie not a hooker) that wants you for you but dose not NEED you to support her or her family Then treat her right, consider making a family of your own with her, a good family where you respect each other and your're individual values and families.

Approach it like this and you'll be on the right track, I came when I was 26, I'm 35 now and this is stuff I had to pretty much learn on my own.

Good luck

MrRichard2009, it seems your tactic of insulting those trying to give the OP a realistic assessment of Thai women is rather childish. It's also self-serving in that it's obvious that you're implying that you're "the sh*t," and have no problem attracting Thai women (the hottest ones, of course). Sure, we believe you. But I think you're doing the OP a huge disservice by suggesting that Thai women are, by and large, there for the taking.

Firstly, there are in fact a small percentage of women in any country who are enamored by foreign men. When I was in the states, I remember a few American women who would wet their panties just by the sound of a foreign accent. They exists, but in rather small numbers, relative to the entire populace. This is how it is in Thailand:

To begin with, roughly 90% of Thai women prefer to have a normal relationship with a normal Thai guy. You don't have to take my word for it, just look around. The other 10% consists of: bargirls who will be happy to pretend to like you for money; freelancers (on the street, internet, etc.) who would do the same for money; dirt poor girls with no prospects and who are largely unattractive (to the Thai guys), usually with kids, and no other options; older Thai women who are past their prime and know it; normal Thai girls who just want to have a no-strings-attached fling with a foreigner. This last group—much like their American counterpart—is tiny, but may seem larger due to their propensity to hang out where foreigners hang out. I believe the OP is targeting this group. The problem is, they're rather hard to pick out from the other groups above.

Another thing, MrRichard2009: Your statement that "the largest group of people who speak English are college graduates not bar girls" is ridiculous beyond words. I know many, MANY Thai college grads (from Thai universities) and the only ones who speak any decent English are those that majored in English. And even then, it's pretty basic conversational English, not the fluent variety. There are those that attended international schools, but they're rather small in number. And even smaller still are those that did their grad/post-grad work overseas, but they're mostly married to Thai guys. By the way, intelligence does not equal English proficiency. Some of these girls are really bright, but they just don't speak much English. Someone else mentioned girls with English-speaking daddies, but their numbers are so small as to not even constitute a group. So yes, the most proficient English speakers, as a group, are bargirls.

Last question, for the OP: One has to wonder this—why would a young, attractive, successful farang guy, who could easily find a young, attractive, farang female who actually speaks his language, why would this guy be interested in a long term relationship with a female from a developing country whom he can barely communicate with?

.....edited...

....coming to Koh Samui which is a known tourist center where 80% of the women working or living there are involved in the bar scene in some capacity or another.

.....edited,.........

:whistling:

so, so 80% are sure without sbk's back up?

Did you throw your hat up in the air for this estimate or did you make a field survey?

I can assure you that there are hundreds if not thousands, working as sales personnel in shops, boutiques, as maids, accountants, as Spa assistants, beauticians, hairdressers, as masseuses, as cashiers, as receptionists, room maids, restaurant 'n kitchen staff, as taxi drivers, nurses, doctors, airline personnel, selling tour tickets, groceries, fruits, veggies and food stuffs on the markets, not to name the hundreds of noodle shops, soup kitchens and Somtam and BBQ carts, around I think they make up about 95% of the female population here!

And I believe that the vast majority of these females a 1000 elephants couldn't drag them into the sex industry, because of their steadfast dignity!

maybe a serious revision is in the books...

thanks!

and in general it seems that many have simply"had it" with men in general, because of the bad reputation of thai males, specially in lower circles of society, 1st child with 18 or younger, second the following year, if lucky 2 years later raising the kid/s in many cases without any support from the father, bad experiences in relationships thereafter, domestic violence, drinking, gambling, friends and random unfaithfulness rounds the story up....many are simply fed up.They can't "see" why a foreigner should be much different - especially seeing the "farang" around in the Bars and with Bar girls...at least Thai men wouldn't do this, show in public, maybe hand in hand with a prostitute!

Edited by Samuian

Of course you haven't.......hot village girls are known for their excellent eyesight and turn of speed.......:D

Haha, funny. :D

No, but honestly, anyone from a village that gets a leg up via education or else, always move away from the village. Very rarely do anyone return, unless they are somehow forced to.

So I very much doubt the most beautiful ones would remain in any village. It sure isn't the case in China where the lack of women in smaller villages and towns is a serious reported issue. (1.5 to 3 men per woman, unlike in some major Chinese cities where it goes some 0.7 men per woman, as I read in some article.)

small village ... who said anything about a small village? ... the stunners can make $100+ a night and never leave Isaan, never have to bother to learn English, or have to ever meet a #### Farang.

... there are places you can go where they hang out but the places are not mentioned in Lonely Planet

So you suggest guys should try to travel to Issan and find the most expensive prostitute to marry?

So you suggest guys should try to travel to Issan and find the most expensive ... to marry?

A. No ... Because even if they tried, they would not likely find them in any short order.

B. They are more like 'mia nois' ... not what you said.

C. If they did find them, they might want to marry them; they would only laugh at the ### farang.

D. How can anyone have so many posts and know so little.

In some ways you are right, and in some ways you are wrong.

They usually make their way to Bangkok as the richer men Thai and Japanese tend to be there.

You are correct in that they don't learn English or associate with western men.

They certainly don't hang out where a white man would ever see them.

There are plenty of rich men in Isaan, the living expenses are much less than in Bangkok; in fact, some I have met actually have moved from Bangkok to Isaan ...Besides, Japanese and Korean men in Bangkok can be creepy when they are drunk.

Edited by jazzbo