Replacement Motorcycle Horn

rmicheald

I personally bought two loud horns (came as a set) and had them installed on my Phantom at the Mityon-Pattaya Yamaha dealership on Thepprasitt road, just west of the PTT gas station on the north side. The head mechanic is very good at working on Phantoms.

If I recall, it was about 1000 baht.

I bought some air horns from the bike shop at the Carrefour end of Third road. One of them packed up a month later due to rain exposure. I got jack-shit support from the shop so went elsewhere (Pattaya Tai,

by the cross roads and 7/11). They fitted one that's not an air horn, but sounds like a car. It's been fine for almost 2 years and, I think, it's saved my life twice.

Good move!

I bought some air horns from the bike shop at the Carrefour end of Third road. One of them packed up a month later due to rain exposure. I got jack-shit support from the shop so went elsewhere (Pattaya Tai,

by the cross roads and 7/11). They fitted one that's not an air horn, but sounds like a car. It's been fine for almost 2 years and, I think, it's saved my life twice.

Good move!

Thanks for the information... What are "the cross roads" you refer to on Pattaya Tai?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everybody. I finally went to my normal motorcycle shop - the Honda shop on Theprasit Road - and they put on a set of horns called "European Horns". VERY VERY LOUD... sounds just like a loud car horn in dual tone. Much better than the whisper horn that was stock on the bike. Only 700 baht and a 50 baht tip.

Hey, everybody. I finally went to my normal motorcycle shop - the Honda shop on Theprasit Road - and they put on a set of horns called "European Horns". VERY VERY LOUD... sounds just like a loud car horn in dual tone. Much better than the whisper horn that was stock on the bike. Only 700 baht and a 50 baht tip.

Hey, nice goin'! Did you happen to notice if the Honda dealer had rain covers for a Phantom in stock?