New Channel Line-up For Sophon Cable Tv

hm1973

I have today received the following information from Sophon Cable TV which I am sure will be of interest to board members who subscribe to Sophon Cable TV. As from 20th July they are revamping their channel line-up. Reality TV, Eurosport News and Living Asia Channel and one of the Sophon Movie Channels are a selection of discontinued channels.

If you wish to voice your opinion on the changes (I have aleady complained about the removal of the Reality TV channel) please contact Sophon Cable directly as per their request.

Howard

Pattaya City News

NewProgrammesandChannels.doc

Edited by hm1973

What happened to the South African Supersport which had the premier league football?

UBC Supersport is a bag of <deleted>!

S.A Supersport was taken off about a year ago. There was no coverage of the premier league on either Sophon or Banglamung last season.

Sophon Cable sucks. They continue to reduce thier lineup and the price for new subscribers continue to rise.

I recomend Banglamung cable. Has everything Sophon has plus much more, excluding CNN. Also airs quite a few channels from UBC.

How do you subscribe? Could you please supply a contact phone number--Thanks

At least the UBC Supersports channel got to be better than the Eurosport <deleted> they had before. UBC Series is also not bad. All in all an improvement, at least for me.

Would be interested in the Banglamung cable if someone have details on this.

At least the UBC Supersports channel got to be better than the Eurosport <deleted> they had before. UBC Series is also not bad. All in all an improvement, at least for me.

Would be interested in the Banglamung cable if someone have details on this.

Banglamung Cable 038225454. 1 year 2500 baht, 6 months 1500 baht.

The 2 cable companies seem to have a deviding line running roughly along Pattaya Klang and Soi Siam Country Club. If you live on the south side it is predominantly Sophon and on the north side Banglamung.

With Banglamung if there is no cable line running past your house you have to pay for the cost of running the cable from the nearest point. Whish can bee quite expensive.

IMHO the programming on Banglamung is equally as bad as Sophon. On Banglamung out of the 40 odd chanells the only 4 i really watch are ABC asia pcific,BBC, Star World and the movie chanell.

If you are planning to stay here for a length of time ,probably a good idea to look into installing a system where you have a moveable dish that picks up programs from differant satellites. The costs for this start at about 15000 baht and then you have no subscription charges.

Do they show any English football on UBC Supersports channel?

Just checked,looks like they have some,this is todays programs.Intertoto cup,more wrestling by the look of it.Much better than Eurosport.

00:00 Motorsport Mundial 2005 026 : 26/05

00:30 Football Friendly Match 2005 001: LIVERPOOL VS. LEVERKUSEN (17-JUL-2005)

02:30 Rally World 2005 015 : 08-07-2005

03:00 U.s. Open 9 - Ball Championships (iii) 005 : KEITH MC CREADY VS JEREMY JONES

04:00 Personal Best-men Of Power (iii) 003

04:30 Golf European Tour Weekly 2005 027

05:00 Aerobics Oz Style (v) 087 : 4193

05:23 Aerobics Oz Style (v) 088 : 4194

06:00 Motorsport Mundial 2005 026 : 26/05

06:30 Volleyball Montreaux Master 2005 005: SEMIFINAL ( 11-JUN-2005 )

08:00 Wbc,ibf,wba Middleweight Championship 2005: Bernard Hopkins Vs. Jermain Taylor WBC,IBF,WBA MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP 2005: BERNARD HOPKINS VS. JERMAIN TAYLOR

11:00 Auto Mundial (iv) 020 : 20/04

11:30 Auto Mundial (v) 020 : 20/05

12:00 Golf Pga Tour 2005: B.c. Open 003: DAY 3

15:00 Snooker Travis Perkins Uk Championship H/l 2004 003 : PROGRAMME 3/1: KING VS. MAGUIRE

17:00 Tennis Fed Cup 2005 H/l 002: SEMI FINALS

18:00 Wbc,ibf,wba Middleweight Championship 2005: Bernard Hopkins Vs. Jermain Taylor WBC,IBF,WBA MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP 2005: BERNARD HOPKINS VS. JERMAIN TAYLOR

21:00 Intertoto Cup 2005 001: 3RD ROUND: LEG 1: DUBLICA VS. NEWCASTLE (17-JUL-2005)

23:00 Football Friendly Match 2005 001: LIVERPOOL VS. LEVERKUSEN (17-JUL-2005)

Edited by bartender100

I have today received the following information from Sophon Cable TV which I am sure will be of interest to board members who subscribe to Sophon Cable TV. As from 20th July they are revamping their channel line-up. Reality TV, Eurosport News and Living Asia Channel and one of the Sophon Movie Channels are a selection of discontinued channels.

If you wish to voice your opinion on the changes (I have aleady complained about the removal of the Reality TV channel) please contact Sophon Cable directly as per their request.

Howard

Pattaya City News

How many names is this guy using? PCN, Howard The Volunteer and now this one!

Mrs TizMe dumped Sophon and replaced it with Jomtien cable a couple of months ago. For me it made no difference, the only chanel I watch is ABC Asia pacific which is on both.

She says that the Thai content is much better. They originally quoted more for it than Sophon are charging, but she got it for the same price as Sophon.

Well after it being changed for 5/6 days,anyone any comments.

To me seems like they have gone for Thai subscribers rather than the Falang's.

Most of the programes are in Thai,there is wrestling 24 hours a day on three channels,occasionally boxing,all in Thai

No sign as yet of UBC Supersports.Still crappy eurosport

Tonight on channel 2, which is normally the only decent quaity movie channel,they have a French film on with Thai subtitles.

The other movie channel (29)is mostly unwatcherable because of poor sound or vision quality

You people complaining about UBC dont know how lucky you are.

If this is supposed to be an improvment,its a joke.

IMHO both sophon and btv are p1ss.

Sophon:3 channels of frequenly repeated <deleted> movies, always shown with a short interval half way through for pirate disc 1 to be changed to pirate disc 2..

Local news (same channels as above)of which i miss half, due to the missus asking "what happen,what happen".

Banglamung:same but with outrageous thai dubbing over the <deleted> movies and no local 'felang news'only its thai counterpart.

I do quite like the A1 channel though(when its not a repeat)

All in all they are both crap IMO.

All the more reason to get out of the house and find new s/time bars!!!!

Sophon:3 channels of frequenly repeated <deleted> movies, always shown with a short interval half way through for pirate disc 1 to  be changed to pirate disc 2..

Local news (same channels as above)of which i miss half, due to the missus asking  "what happen,what happen".

Banglamung:same but with outrageous thai dubbing over the <deleted> movies and no local 'felang news'only its thai counterpart.

Thats what makes me think they are using VCD's,as they tend to be on 2 discs, for the movies not DVD's.Mostly they are totally unwatchable.

• 1 year later...

Tropo - you got me worried there.

Started reading the thread, thought it sounded familiar, checked the date and thought I had hit a time warp.

Why raise this weary subject again? You certainly won't improve it - it is solely a vehicle for extracting advertising dollars with as cheap a selection of "International" programmes as possible.

I give thenks that they still show Aussie Rules and RL.

Otherwise it's just used by my wife and daughter to watch ghost soaps

Tropo - you got me worried there.

Started reading the thread, thought it sounded familiar, checked the date and thought I had hit a time warp.

Why raise this weary subject again? You certainly won't improve it - it is solely a vehicle for extracting advertising dollars with as cheap a selection of "International" programmes as possible.

I give thenks that they still show Aussie Rules and RL.

Otherwise it's just used by my wife and daughter to watch ghost soaps

Thanks for your concern. Don't worry, I'm ok. I accidentally stumbled on this old thread while Googling for Sophon. I wanted to find out if there was any site with programming details.

Howard: that link to Sophon you supplied mentions that the new programming starts on 20 July 2005 repeat 2005! Is this a typo by Sophon or old information?

This thread is 2 years old.

Does anyone know what channel "American Idol" screens on and the times.

Has anyone heard about the Broadband Internet service that Sophon was talking about starting soon?

I looked thru the channel lineup in detail and am confused. They refer to channels there that I currently do not have (in the current channel side). Plus, they don't mention channels I do have, such as MNET Series. What a joke! They NEVER seem to get anything right here when it comes down to details! As always, what we want is never taken into consideration as demonstrated by the fact that no one seems to conduct any type of survey to see what the customer wants to see and what they are willing to pay for it..... We'll allbe surprised if what they show on the lineup actually is what they offer come July 20.....

If "American Idol" is shown on MNET Series, check their programme listings on <www.mnet.co.za> and don't forget that South Africa (where MNET originates) is 5 hours behind Thai time.

Thanks for that. I missed it this week, but I'll be set with all the program times for next week.

For anyone that wants to see the exact program schedule for MNET Series:

MNET Series

Note: make sure you change the selection to MNET Series on the "choose" tab.

Edited by tropo

• 2 weeks later...
I looked thru the channel lineup in detail and am confused. They refer to channels there that I currently do not have (in the current channel side). Plus, they don't mention channels I do have, such as MNET Series. What a joke! They NEVER seem to get anything right here when it comes down to details! As always, what we want is never taken into consideration as demonstrated by the fact that no one seems to conduct any type of survey to see what the customer wants to see and what they are willing to pay for it..... We'll allbe surprised if what they show on the lineup actually is what they offer come July 20.....

Actually, You should try reading through the whole thread, Because this was posted 2 years ago, So no, Sophon cable havent got it wrong.. If you read the thread, you would have seen that its already been said that this is a 2 year old thread!!

• 1 year later...

Sophon:3 channels of frequenly repeated &lt;deleted&gt; movies, always shown with a short interval half way through for pirate disc 1 to be changed to pirate disc 2..

Local news (same channels as above)of which i miss half, due to the missus asking "what happen,what happen".

Banglamung:same but with outrageous thai dubbing over the &lt;deleted&gt; movies and no local 'felang news'only its thai counterpart.

Thats what makes me think they are using VCD's,as they tend to be on 2 discs, for the movies not DVD's.Mostly they are totally unwatchable.

They certainly are on VCD most of the time, and what's worse is that

the VCDs are often scratched or marred thus ruining the viewing experience.

Occasionally they have good movies..(usually in the 5am slot!) - Taxi Driver

was actually shown uncut a couple of weeks ago..

• 5 months later...
:D It seems as if Sophon has changed their lineup again. This morning CNBC is in the channel 26 slot where Mnet is supposed to be.... And Mnet is nowhere to be found. I hope this is an April fools joke, but I fear Sophon doesn't have the wit it would take to make a joke intentionally. I will call them to complain and I hope you will do so, too, if you will miss the Mnet Series programing. FYI, Mnet was the only offering of English language TV series. Sophon's number is 038 423 777. :o