Religions - Who's what

lampard10

Which religion do you belong to.  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Religion's, who's what" Seeing as Buddhism is winning should that be "Religion's, who's Wat" :D

As for me, i don't really practice any religion but when i'm in the UK I practice drinking every night. However, when i'm in LOS i'm much more serious about it and practice alot more. :D Roll on Tuesday :o

Was raised in a Protestent branch of Christianity but soon after my feet hit Asia for the first time, I became more Buddhist in my thinking.

100% now. :o

EXACTLY the same as me Boon

Funnily enough me too. As far as I can see Thai Buddism is one of the only religions that people don't go to war over.

what is Thai buddism? As we know its Buddism and its from India not from Thailand... :D

my father was irsh RC and had the religion forced upon him by what sounds like sadistic nuns, my mother is CofE so when i was about 11 or 12 i asked my dad the question what religion am i to this he replied : you will find your own religion:

To this day i have not found a religion without bigots and self rightious leaders

will i ever find one ?

C of E but to be honest i don't really believe or practise anything. :D

Commerce? :o

He means Church of England.

I know it's tough for a sweaty sock but the " i really don't believe or practise anything'" line was answered, tongue-in-cheek w/'commerce', as Dave in the commercial Pub business? :D

And my reply was tongue in cheek. Sweaty Sock !!!. That's rich from a Septic tank.

Now Now! Three things that shouldn't, in my mind, be discussed on TV.

Religion, Politics and Socks. :D

.....and the Greatest of these is .... Socks...! [awed silence]....

I must be in a silly mood tonight... enough of this Leoism and Changist belief... I guess I was a Klosit Klosterer...

:D

Edited by Greer

In the "recent" cenus in the UK i put my religion down as being a Jedi.

So I must be a Jedi.

EDIT

But before that i was RC (roman catholic) of the non practicing and believing sect.

Edited by mr bilko

I have the upmost respect for religion and what other people choose to beleive . But, I chose athiest. Mostly because of my upbringing (medical/scientific) . Science clashes directly with any form of religion..and my vote is on the side of science :o

Edited by 350torana

Buddhists dont worship a God so can it really be classed as a religion ?

Very good point OzzieDom. Bhudism is a "Way Of Life"

When GOOD Bhuddists pray it is not to Bhudda, it is to remind themselves of their obligations to themselves and others and to be shown the way.

However you wont see and Dark Influential people praying in the same way I am sure their prayers are just for show.

Any Bhuddist can utter the sacred words Nammo Tassa Pakawato Arahato Sama Sambuhasa

Then go and kill or rob someone, same as any "Religion"

TP

Maybee so Tom, but Lamps never knew that when he asked the question :o

Cheers

TP

True Pauly.............I was looking for an answer not a <deleted> serman :D

Some, even listen to sermons, in the hope of getting a clue.

Well...one can only hope, can't one? :D

Was brought up Roman Catholic but am non-practicing.

As a couple others have stated, Buddhism is not really a religion but a way of thought.

It's not good practice to discuss religion or politics with others because it only ends up becoming an argument.

Religion,Fairytales and Santa Clause was all good fun when you were a kid but you gotta grow out of them as you get older.

Too many other important things in life to deal with but suppose some folk just cant/dont want to handle them......shame :o

a crutch is handy with a broken leg...but :D

I'm an agnostic, I beleive in something but couldn't tell you what & don't mind if I never find out. I just try to live my life a good way & be kind, thoughtful of others & non judgmental. Doesn't always work but my intentions are good :D My husband is a practicing buddhist but as others have pointed out, he veiws it more as a way of life rather than a religion & tries to live his life according to the doctrines advised by buddha, but again, sometimes he can't but like me his intention is also good but we are just human & don't beat ourselves up for our shortcomings :D

oh & yes, when I was in my teens I dabbled with wiccan but found it to have a lot of rules & regulations & hyopocracy, so just adopted the parts I beleived in (about respecting nature & all things being connected), so the good parts really but didn't fancy being out in a field dressed in robes on a cold winters night chanting in a circle & all the other bits that go with it :o

was brought up Protestant and still am.....but non practicising....

too many unaswered questions for my liking, how can someone dedicate their lives to a way of life if they cant get the answers and dont truly believe whats probably been chinese whispers through the ages.....

as for buddism....a bit strange as well, they dont seem to believe anything about how the earth was created...surely that wud be my first question.

by the way whats a 'jehovers witness' ? surely its jehova's witness' ?

and a methodist a protestant church....the poll needs reviewing... :o

i truly believe that if u do good and live life as best u can without harming or hurting people alopng the way why would anyone punish u for that.....? or maybe im naive

was brought up Protestant and still am.....but non practicising....

too many unaswered questions for my liking, how can someone dedicate their lives to a way of life if they cant get the answers and dont truly believe whats probably been chinese whispers through the ages.....

as for buddism....a bit strange as well, they dont seem to believe anything about how the earth was created...surely that wud be my first question.

by the way whats a 'jehovers witness' ? surely its jehova's witness' ?

and a methodist a protestant church....the poll needs reviewing... :o

i truly believe that if u do good and live life as best u can without harming or hurting people alopng the way why would anyone punish u for that.....? or maybe im naive

That's what I love about Buddist thought, the begining of the world, or the end doesn't matter. Just the here and now.

Thank you ThaiPauly could've said it better myself.